Taking Drone Pictures

Darryn

Hey Bro and Sis - I know we have a few RC Model / Plane / Drone enthusiasts here

Anyone that would be capable of taking drone pictures of an empty plot of land one weekend soon? 

Want to put some amature pix into a presentation I am doing, but not sure where to get a drone from (and won't be able to spend for professional level) - although I likely can buy a few beers and pocket marney for a MCFer

Cheers! 

↡ Advertisement

paging @adrianli

thanks bro - 

I knew it was someone with a cool car, but for the life of me couldn't think who

paging @adrianli

Next time, this particular ang moh [sly] ask for "Up-skirt" pictures for his presentations, you kindly please remember to page me   :nosepick:  okay   [confused]

• Praise 1

My current aerial photography/videography drone is a DJI Phantom Vision. Its a wide angle lens. So photo come out a little bit fisheye like this which I took :

post-2654-0-82845900-1433812775_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-22907500-1430099633_thumb.jpg

If ok, then good to go. No beer please. No driving n drinking. [:p] Always willing to help. Currently in the process of upgrading my r/c heli to carry a Sony Nex5N camera that would provide a range of lens to capture video or photography. But got other ongoing upgrades of other r/c heli too. [grin]

• Praise 4

My current aerial photography/videography drone is a DJI Phantom Vision. Its a wide angle lens. So photo come out a little bit fisheye like this which I took :

If ok, then good to go. No beer please. No driving n drinking. [:p] Always willing to help. Currently in the process of upgrading my r/c heli to carry a Sony Nex5N camera that would provide a range of lens to capture video or photography. But got other ongoing upgrades of other r/c heli too. [grin]

The pond picture has a black shade at the top edge, what's that ?

Can I use my current action camera for amateur aerial photography learning  ?

Thinking to practice at Seletar Dam with Pond and Sea shore for safety training.

• Praise 1

Beer can always drink at home...

Unless you prefer Johnny? 

Or maybe Jack? 

Travelling fambly buys but I seldom got time to drink, it piles up...

Awesome pix! 

The pond picture has a black shade at the top edge, what's that ?

Can I use my current action camera for amateur aerial photography learning  ?

Thinking to practice at Seletar Dam with Pond and Sea shore for safety training.

Thatz the lens hood. Because morning sun very sunny.

No. You can not do aerial photography at Seletar Dam. It is next to Seletar airport. There are signs there indicating no remote control model aircraft.

142_0.jpg

Thatz the lens hood. Because morning sun very sunny.

No. You can not do aerial photography at Seletar Dam. It is next to Seletar airport. There are signs there indicating no remote control model aircraft.

142_0.jpg

Forgotten there is a seletar domestic airport, where to buy second hand RC Heli ?
  • Praise 1

Forgotten there is a seletar domestic airport, where to buy second hand RC Heli ?

Daddyhobby, of course. But r/c heli not popular now. Expensive and difficult to fly.

Daddyhobby, of course. But r/c heli not popular now. Expensive and difficult to fly.

Bro Adrianli, I hope you can share your RC flying skills and give on-line instructions or teaching for MCF RC beginners, would like to pick up this hobby to entertain grandchildren in near future.
  • Praise 5

Bro Adrianli, I hope you can share your RC flying skills and give on-line instructions or teaching for MCF RC beginners, would like to pick up this hobby to entertain grandchildren in near future.

Me not expert, non a beginner. Somewhere in the middle skill wise. Teaching is not my forte. Can give some pointers thou.

Get a simulator, learn the controls.

Got many online tutorials.

Then once you know how to fly in the simulator then go buy the real r/c heli. When comes to fly this, really need an experienced flyer to go over once. Its not a toy, can kill ppl one.

Free simulator here : http://modelsimulator.com/

Tutorial : http://www.littlerotors.com/flyinglessons/

• Praise 2

Me not expert, non a beginner. Somewhere in the middle skill wise. Teaching is not my forte. Can give some pointers thou.

Get a simulator, learn the controls.

Got many online tutorials.

Then once you know how to fly in the simulator then go buy the real r/c heli. When comes to fly this, really need an experienced flyer to go over once. Its not a toy, can kill ppl one.

Free simulator here : http://modelsimulator.com/

Tutorial : http://www.littlerotors.com/flyinglessons/

Yah, it's a game that hurts, I still can recalled seen a drone flyer got a very deep cut injury in liveleak video and sent to you for awareness.
  • Praise 5