Volkswagen Jetta Sportline

Fivegear

VW has actually print in their brochures that the GB problem has been resolved since 2013. I was attracted to the Jetta too but the 3 yr warranty smells like fish and put me off.

vw? better siam than sorry ... i know it's heng suay but why take the risk ... there are plenty of choices

got meh? conti feel at jap price?

VW has actually print in their brochures that the GB problem has been resolved since 2013. I was attracted to the Jetta too but the 3 yr warranty smells like fish and put me off.

You trust their brochures.?2013 is the launch of the Golf 7,you can ask how many Golf 7 already tow in for GB problem. [bigcry] ..If the brochures said can fly...it also means can fly,right.?

You trust their brochures.?2013 is the launch of the Golf 7,you can ask how many Golf 7 already tow in for GB problem. [bigcry] ..If the brochures said can fly...it also means can fly,right.?

How many or the proportion of golf have been tow in? Info is in YOUR brochure is it? Can it fly then?

I work in a MNC manufacturing company. All the top management very concern about customer complaint and will take whatever effort to resolve if there is a claim or worst case - recall. The engineer will crack their head to come out the solution before deliver the product to market.

I am not sure whether VW having the same culture, but at least they dare to publish the statement. Means they have certain level of confidence to regain the trust of customer.

Certain percentage of non conformance sure happen, just how lucky u are win the NC jackpot.

• Praise 1

I work in a MNC manufacturing company. All the top management very concern about customer complaint and will take whatever effort to resolve if there is a claim or worst case - recall. The engineer will crack their head to come out the solution before deliver the product to market.

I am not sure whether VW having the same culture, but at least they dare to publish the statement. Means they have certain level of confidence to regain the trust of customer.

Certain percentage of non conformance sure happen, just how lucky u are win the NC jackpot.

Seems like many vw naysayers here may be still living in the past.

If those GB are still failing at a high percentage just like before the recall why no news of mass protest or class action suit

in China or other places. Wouldn't the furore continues if nothing has improved after vw said they have fixed the problem?

In the straits time article said 3.41 complaints per 1000 cars. That's like 0.34 percent. Blind me, my maths must be very poor unlike some here who managed to solve the beautiful and glittering equation

0.34 percent complaints == guaranteed failure.

Edited by zerobim08

GB problem, they have been denying for a long time and i am not sure if they admitted it evetually. If they did, probably did so when the model reaching end of marketing. Next they cheat on diesel engine. How to trust them ?

GB problem, they have been denying for a long time and i am not sure if they admitted it evetually. If they did, probably did so when the model reaching end of marketing. Next they cheat on diesel engine. How to trust them ?

Honda has been hiding their killer airbags issue for years. Only when innocent lives were lost only then they owned up. Even now millions of cars still carry those killer airbags. How will you ever trust Honda ever again? Do you own a honda?

When you manage to peek into the dark abyss things you find will give you chills to your bones.

• Praise 1

Why suddenly talk about Honda ah?

Just saying that even if you trust a brand doesn't mean it won't betray you. Same with if you don't trust a brand doesn't mean it will betray you.

People are still buying honda now. Same with vw. Some people make out 0.34 percent complaint rate like it is the end of the world if you bought that brand. I don't see what the fuss is about.

Firstly many here dont keep their cars for a very long period or have high mileage or have traffic jams for hours regularly. Even with the most unreliable car, there is still a very good odds that you will have a problem free ownership under these conditions.

Agree that 0.34 percent complaint rate is not end of the world but with so many alternatives in the market, why take unnecessary risks knowing the issue is inherent in its GB design? When I told the VW SE based on the feedback in forums and facebook, that I decided not to buy the Jetta, his attitude turned south and he asked me a condescending and ridiculous question, "So you believe in these forum people rather than sales person??"

Don't know whether to laugh or cry.

But seeing this kind of attitude from the SE, I'm glad I did not buy a VW. If this is the pre-sales attitude, cannot imagine what it would be like after-sales.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1