Appeal for BTO despite over income ceiling

Biglittlebean

Was planning to get a 5-room BTO this year as my current flat will MOP soon. Was thinking that the new income ceiling came in just nice... until my boss just suddenly gave a pay increment which puts my wife and me just a couple of hundred of dollars over the salary ceiling for BTO. Can I still appeal and has anyone in my circumstances successfully appealed to HDB before?

↡ Advertisement

ask your boss to reduce your pay ... lol

anyway ... can try to appeal lor ... since BTO is not in huge backlog ... perhaps ... got chance

• Praise 2

Please don't fight with poor people like me for a unit in bidadari..... Go apply your ec... Hehehhe

You can try this route.

1) Get a letter from your MP

2) Submit appeal to HDB via their regular support channel.

• Praise 1

Why go through all the hassle writing to HDB, MP, blar blar?

Just have a talk with your HR or boss to postpone your increment. Unless your definition of nearing MOP is 12 months down the road.

On a more sane note, you can write in to HDB to appeal.

• Praise 1

Was planning to get a 5-room BTO this year as my current flat will MOP soon. Was thinking that the new income ceiling came in just nice... until my boss just suddenly gave a pay increment which puts my wife and me just a couple of hundred of dollars over the salary ceiling for BTO. Can I still appeal and has anyone in my circumstances successfully appealed to HDB before?

You have a nice problem which many of us would be happy to swap with you haha!

Seriously though, I believe you should have reasonable chance of success through an appeal as the increment just took effect only but as some bros mentioned perhaps lodging appeal through MP would stand a better chance I guess, good luck!!

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 7

Appeal, i did.

Went to meet the people session and got a letter from the MP.

I dont know why you prefer the bto over the ec. Ec is sure make money purchase

It's quite a lot of $ difference.

My BIL bought a EC in woodlands, that's like high 700k.

my equivalent flat is 320k.

Just ask your boss to delay the pay rise

until you buy your new place.

:D

• Praise 5

Please don't fight with poor people like me for a unit in bidadari..... Go apply your ec... Hehehhe

Lol... Don't worry, I won't fight with you. Need to shift all the way to woodlands....to be near parents-in-law.

ask your boss to reduce your pay ... lol

anyway ... can try to appeal lor ... since BTO is not in huge backlog ... perhaps ... got chance

Can't... The pay increment came liao. Quite suddenly somemore.

Appeal, i did.

Did the MP's letter help? I agree about the price.. Makes no sense to me to pay double. Im looking to shift to woodlands and I feel that the ECs there are not attractive. Just want the space as well as proximity to parent-in-law too.

not possible, ceiling is strict, even a cent more also will not be allowed. It happened to me before so no need to waste the effort.

Even after appealing through MP?

Lol... Don't worry, I won't fight with you. Need to shift all the way to woodlands....to be near parents-in-law.

Can't... The pay increment came liao. Quite suddenly somemore.

Did the MP's letter help? I agree about the price.. Makes no sense to me to pay double. Im looking to shift to woodlands and I feel that the ECs there are not attractive. Just want the space as well as proximity to parent-in-law too.

Even after appealing through MP?

Well it worked for me. I think no harm to try. Our reason was that all our parents were retirees and housewives. So we had to support them

not possible, ceiling is strict, even a cent more also will not be allowed. It happened to me before so no need to waste the effort.

Income ceiling is reverse discrimination against a citizen.

Appeal, i did.

Hehe ok you looking at the cost perspective while i looking at the gain perspective which i thought for a couple that across the income level shld be able to well afford the cost.

Appeal, i did.

Hehe ok you looking at the cost perspective while i looking at the gain perspective which i thought for a couple that across the income level shld be able to well afford the cost.

Appeal, i did.

↡ Advertisement