Toyota Wish - PI or AD

Greenwood

they should give brand new, no point give recon then go back within another few mths. of cos that's my assumption that ad should b more steady than pi. major service & normal service add up avg for jap car about 300 per svc cos i enquire nissan n subaru 40k & 60k km package. i don't deny ad labor is premium. but i only need to stay w them during 3-5yrs warranty period, i still can bear with / afford it.

Then I am telling you that your assumption is wrong. AD wont replace a brand new gearbox  for you if it is faulty, they will repair it.  If you happen to know which AD gives you a brand new replacement engine/ gearbox because its faulty, let us know. We would like to support that AD.

As for whether you can affort it or not, thats a different story, our debate here is whether its worth of getting for AD just because of the 5 yrs warranty. Where the servicing package perice different is so high that it could covers even the most expensive repair- a gearbox.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Then I am telling you that your assumption is wrong. AD wont replace a brand new gearbox  for you if it is faulty, they will repair it.  If you happen to know which AD gives you a brand new replacement engine/ gearbox because its faulty, let us know. We would like to support that AD.

As for whether you can affort it or not, thats a different story, our debate here is whether its worth of getting for AD just because of the 5 yrs warranty. Where the servicing package perice different is so high that it could covers even the most expensive repair- a gearbox.

i've nvr own a PI ride n havent need to claim any warranty on drivetrain, be it AD / PI. supposing PI workshop chut more pattern n attribute ur drivetrain failure to ur fault during warranty claim, would that b a possibility?

up til here, i still prefer to & find it's more "worth" buy from AD for that better known piece of mind.

i've nvr own a PI ride n havent need to claim any warranty on drivetrain, be it AD / PI. supposing PI workshop chut more pattern n attribute ur drivetrain failure to ur fault during warranty claim, would that b a possibility?

up til here, i still prefer to & find it's more "worth" buy from AD for that better known piece of mind.

If you buy from a PI, you may forget about the warranty. thats why we said the savings from AD's warranty and pricing is sufficient to covers any major repair.

Well, like I said, its your money and its your choice, whatever makes you happier, just go ahead. Cheers.

• Praise 4

That 2k recon gb wont last. How about new gb?

Assume 200k km so svc 20x. Ad avg 300, outside avg 130, diff 170. X 20 saved 3400. Brand new gb w labor how much? 8-12k?

Lets say only svc at ad for 5yrs or 100000km, save 1.7k. Not significant amount for me to give up warranty during this period.

They will never give you a new gearbox

If you buy from a PI, you may forget about the warranty. thats why we said the savings from AD's warranty and pricing is sufficient to covers any major repair.

Well, like I said, its your money and its your choice, whatever makes you happier, just go ahead. Cheers.

We can only advise. But it's up to them to decide how to spend
  • Praise 1

BM now offer $117,888 for standard model until 9-Mar-2016.

PI-Hup Long offer $107,800 with immediate registration.

Go and check it out.

I bought my Wish from Hup Long in September last year and received car within 3 weeks after signing sales order.

Free service up to 70K milage + 3 years or 100km warranty.

So far so good on my Wish.

Hope this will help.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

BM now offer $117,888 for standard model until 9-Mar-2016.

PI-Hup Long offer $107,800 with immediate registration.

Go and check it out.

I bought my Wish from Hup Long in September last year and received car within 3 weeks after signing sales order.

Free service up to 70K milage + 3 years or 100km warranty.

So far so good on my Wish.

Hope this will help.

This is what I was strolling down to see when I saw the title of the thread. By any chance, this Wish is the latest model or there will be something new coming out soon?

This is what I was strolling down to see when I saw the title of the thread. By any chance, this Wish is the latest model or there will be something new coming out soon?

i think the only notable different in the "latest" model comes with "sport" mode, peddle shift and armrest for front passenger. rest are pretty cosmetic.

i think the only notable different in the "latest" model comes with "sport" mode, peddle shift and armrest for front passenger. rest are pretty cosmetic.

Yup...last September when I bought my Wish is so called "Improved Version"....CVT 7 Gear to Super CVT 7 Gear.

There are no new face lift but the recently release is the 'Sport Version" that has Sport Mode and some added accesories.

Toyota Wish 3rd generation is unlikely to happen this year...or even new facelift.

Yup...last September when I bought my Wish is so called "Improved Version"....CVT 7 Gear to Super CVT 7 Gear.

There are no new face lift but the recently release is the 'Sport Version" that has Sport Mode and some added accesories.

Toyota Wish 3rd generation is unlikely to happen this year...or even new facelift.

Think wish will be discontinued worldwide

good enuf for me, if drl near fog lamps even better.

paddle shift n front passenger armrest r overdue items.

hopefully, rim size also up a lil (16" will do just fine for me).

btw, nothin much appeared from website.

good enuf for me, if drl near fog lamps even better.

paddle shift n front passenger armrest r overdue items.

hopefully, rim size also up a lil (16" will do just fine for me).

btw, nothin much appeared from website.

agreed with u, as the saying goes... "nobody buys a mpv because they want one, but they need one"

so simi sport mode or peddle shift also extra...

with one's budget, just get one that is most spacious with enuf airbags and reliable history... u dun want your family to stuck on road side waiting for toll truck.

Wish in my opinion, is quite a reliable small mpv that provides good space and enuf safety features and still manages to look more like a car den a van.

PI or AD, if both are MIJ, use depreciation (not accessories or some feel shiok gadgets) as a guage.

agreed with u, as the saying goes... "nobody buys a mpv because they want one, but they need one"

so simi sport mode or peddle shift also extra...

with one's budget, just get one that is most spacious with enuf airbags and reliable history... u dun want your family to stuck on road side waiting for toll truck.

Wish in my opinion, is quite a reliable small mpv that provides good space and enuf safety features and still manages to look more like a car den a van.

PI or AD, if both are MIJ, use depreciation (not accessories or some feel shiok gadgets) as a guage.

my case is more of want, need will b for "in case" basis, like need to tpt more pax would b good.

reliability is surely a concern; won't wanna b stranded when car cannot even start or stalls halfway.

I was recently looking around for a new car, and I came across a few new scheme.

I was told I can get a loan of up to 60% of the new car IF the OMV is less than 20K.  Above 20K, only 50% loan.

So I heard a many dealer are trying to keep the OMV below 20K as much as possible.

If true, given this kind of incentives, I afraid, the replay of the OMV fraud is in play again.

In a 2009/10 landmark lawsuit Singapore Custom vs. Car Dealer and the Car Dealer lost the suit.

The court ordered the Car Dealer to cough the difference in accessed OMV + Penalties for EVERY CAR sold.  The Car Dealer declared bankrupt or additional jail time as he did not pay up.

With this ruling, the court order, all the car owners of this affected dealer to pay up.

Whether there are penalty or if the car owner actually pay up is not reported. Or a reduced PARF assessment is unknown. 

I suggest potential buyer to also look at OMV carefully.

Good Luck

Is there going to be a revamped 2017 Wish, that has a reworked interior with more aircon vents to the rear and gearshift position?

I've been holding back purchasing in the hope of such a Wish, but seems little news on new designs.

↡ Advertisement