100 RON petrol offered in Malaysia

Aaronlkl

Good news for all petrol heads!

Petron Malaysia has officially launched its new Petrol Blaze 100 Euro 4M fuel in Malaysia. We previously reported on the imminent arrival of the RON 100 fuel – which now takes its position above the RON 95 and RON 97 grades that are currently being offered.

The unregulated Petron Blaze 100 fuel is sold at RM2.80 per litre, making it slightly pricier than the other unregulated fuel sold in Malaysia from Shell, V-Power Racing (RM2.65). The latter carries a 40 sen premium over regular RON 97, which is currently priced at RM2.25.

However, where Petron Blaze 100 carries a RON 100 octane rating, V-Power Racing is a minimum RON 97. The new Blaze 100 petrol is 95 sen more per litre than RON 95, which is priced at RM1.85 this month.

Petron says its Blaze 100 Euro 4M is formulated with Tri-Activ, a triple action formula that is claimed to provide better power, engine protection and mileage. The high grade fuel is produced locally at the Petron Port Dickson refinery.

For its initial introduction, Petron Blaze 100 will be available at eight stations in Klang Valley and Johor. More stations are expected to carry the high grade fuel in the future. If you’re interested to get a tankful of Petron Blaze 100, then head on over to these stations and look out for the specially-painted floor:

Klang Valley

• Petron Jalan Maarof
  • Petron Sg. Besi Toll Southbound
  • Petron Taman Tun Dr. Ismail
  • Petron Kesas Westbound
  • Petron Mile 3 Federal Highway
  • Petron Damansara Kayu Ara

Johor

• Petron Skudai Toll Northbound
  • Petron Linkedua Southbound

According to Faridah Binti Ali, Head of Retail Business, Petron Malaysia, due to the limited allocation of fuel storage tanks that offer Petron Blaze 100, the new fuel grade will displace the currently available Petron Blaze 97 at selected stations. She also stated that the company plans to increase the number of stations that offer the RON 100 fuel to between 30-40 depending on consumer demand.

With the arrival of Petron Blaze 100, motorists whose vehicles are designed, or have a preference for RON 98 and above fuels (such as high-end sports cars and superbikes, as well as specific models like the Honda Civic Type R, previous-gen Suzuki Swift Sport and Toyota 86), will now able to run their vehicles without any fuel-related performance or reliability issues.

Customers who opt for the RON 100 fuel will also receive some value-added services from a “pit crew” stationed at the pumps. Also present at the launch of the new RON 100 fuel were members of the local Lotus and Porsche clubs, who were more than eager to top up the tanks of their high-performance cars, including a Porsche 911 GT3 RS.

http://paultan.org/2016/01/15/petron-blaze-100-euro-4m-launched-in-malaysia-ron-100-for-rm2-80-per-litre-available-at-eight-stations/

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

RON 92 rocks. :D

Powerful & Cheap.

I used it for modern fuel-injected engine. Botaiji leh.

RON 100 is to suck more $$$ from consumers in current depressed oil market.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

I belong to the camp that believes pumping a higher RON than what is required in your manual is a waste of money . Why pay more for a fuel that is more difficult to combust ?

Higher RON is more expensive because it has more additives added to prevent detonation , the Gov levies a higher tax per litre , and the manufacturers knows that it makes you feel better .

Petron 100 is produced at Bolehland refinery . How can one be sure that they are getting RON 100 ? Given that all cars in Malaysia and Singapore can already run on 97 or 98,  and if  Petron 100 turns out to be RON 97 , no one will even know .  

• Praise 3

I belong to the camp that believes pumping a higher RON than what is required in your manual is a waste of money . Why pay more for a fuel that is more difficult to combust ?

Higher RON is more expensive because it has more additives added to prevent detonation , the Gov levies a higher tax per litre , and the manufacturers knows that it makes you feel better .

Petron 100 is produced at Bolehland refinery . How can one be sure that they are getting RON 100 ? Given that all cars in Malaysia and Singapore can already run on 97 or 98,  and if  Petron 100 turns out to be RON 97 , no one will even know .  

There were some 5th gear tests that shows higher Ron gives slightly more HP.

Up to 4HP, and I'm sure some improvements in torque

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTaBngvsPrc

But if the car is just a point to point transport, the cheapest allowed RON petrol will do the job 

• Praise 2

Agree on normal passenger cars just use min Ron stated by manufacturer (although slightly higher Ron, say from Ron92 to Ron95 gives better mileage and smoothness vs the delta in price.

For cars tuned to Ron98, going up North is quite inconvenient. Need to look for Shell station with VP Racing and luckily there are a few these days along NSHW to PJ/KL.

For trackies, I think this is good news. Just pump Ron100 straight and no need to bring along octane boosters.

I went to JB on Tuesday and on the way back filled up RON 100.

Managed to get about 14 liters into the tank which is way insufficient to see any effect if any.

Actually I'm not interested in the RON thingy just curious to see how it look like.

It is using the same red dye as per RON 97 and it smells strongly of oil based paint meant for metal.

• Praise 1

The minimum recommended RON for a car doesn't mean it is the best, it only means that is the lowest standard that is acceptable.  Pumping a higher ron can give better protection or power.  This is just like the minimum food for one to survive is rice everyday, but one surely wouldn't just eat rice and nothing else every day, right ? So cannot say pump higher ron is a waste of money.

• Praise 1

Pump minimum also taking risk le.  Since petrol is not artificially made, it might be RON 90 or 94.  Modern engine will retard VVT & less output is made.

Lastly, it is about SGD 1 per liter for Ron 100.  How much is V-power on this island?

• Praise 1

My take is that the indicated min in the manual is after factoring in ignition retard, safety settings provided by the ECU.

E.g.,  The spec : sheet....110ps/150nm.....is based on using a ron rating that the engine is optimized for.  So if its opt for 95 & user pump min 92, the engine can still operate safely, but will not get the full 110ps/150nm.

However, since its opt for 95, pumping 98 will just be for more detergents, additives for smoothness.  It will not improve the performance ps/nm any further.

• Praise 15

We paid so much for our cars, just farking give it the best gas possible.  My exp has been 98 actually gives better mileage.

Do some maths.  lets say u use 2 tanks full of gas in a Conti car with a 70 litres fuel tank so lets just say 140 litres per month.  The difference between ron 95 n 98 is about 20cts now.  Take 140L x 20cts, that's roughly less than $25 per month, or less than $1 a day.   That's kachang compared to our car prices. 

Turbocharged

The minimum recommended RON for a car doesn't mean it is the best, it only means that is the lowest standard that is acceptable.  Pumping a higher ron can give better protection or power.  This is just like the minimum food for one to survive is rice everyday, but one surely wouldn't just eat rice and nothing else every day, right ? So cannot say pump higher ron is a waste of money.

You want to eat at coffeshop, food court or restaurant on a regular basis?? For me, I'll go get my $2 cai png and 90cents teh. Good to fill up my stomach. I can still go jogging later in the evening as usual. My 2.4 timing never drop leh. So if eat at restaurant, my fitness level will be better?!?

MY has strategically sell Ron 100 petrol near NSH. If you drive spirited up north to KL or Malacca, you will definitely feel the best of your engine performance with Ron100. Try pushing your ride to the redline, the adrenaline rush will be great. If you cruise at 110km/hr you would probably very eco on FC.

Unless you pump Ron100 and head back to SG, I would Tk no diff with Ron95 on SG road.

↡ Advertisement