100 RON petrol offered in Malaysia

Aaronlkl

Cheap cheap

Yes still cheap despite a recent 15 sen price hike. Pump prices around the world moves up and down accordingly except for us, uniquely $ingapore! I'm so proud to be a sinkies! ;-)

Edited by Aaronlkl
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Cheap when converted to S$ [thumbsup] ,but to M'sian, it is VERY expensive,you can ask the Cashier,how many M'sian pumped this Petrol.? [bigcry]

True la, but I have seen proton wire pump Ron 100, quite surprise as its a stock car driven by uncle.

I pump the Ron 100 out of no choice as the rest was taken and don't wanna wait.

Feels that the mileage is not as good as the Ron 97. Same brand.

V power also not good.

On a civic 1.6 fd.

Just my experience.

Is Ron 100 just a marketing gimmick? Heard from some of my other driving kakis that not much increase in performance

Actually what power does the driver expect? It's not like they add a turbo or super charge? Higher ron is for car with higher compression leh, better additives added to clean or lessen the friction. Why everyone expect it like increase 100 BHP? Do those that pump even rev to red line on all the time or not? 

• Praise 1

Is Ron 100 just a marketing gimmick? Heard from some of my other driving kakis that not much increase in performance

If car is driven like pussy, use jet fuel also no diff.

• Praise 2

Actually what power does the driver expect? It's not like they add a turbo or super charge? Higher ron is for car with higher compression leh, better additives added to clean or lessen the friction. Why everyone expect it like increase 100 BHP? Do those that pump even rev to red line on all the time or not?

i rather put a sticker or decal and gain that 1 or 2 hp gain...
  • Praise 1

I pump the Ron 100 out of no choice as the rest was taken and don't wanna wait.

Feels that the mileage is not as good as the Ron 97. Same brand.

V power also not good.

On a civic 1.6 fd.

Just my experience.

High octane fuel only benefits high performance/ tuned engines. I tuned my ride to run on 100 ron to max out the engine performance. Therefore i cant pump lower octance fuel now otherwise engine will knock.

• Praise 2

High octane fuel only benefits high performance/ tuned engines. I tuned my ride to run on 100 ron to max out the engine performance. Therefore i cant pump lower octance fuel now otherwise engine will knock.

How many maps do you have? If suay suay no chance go malaysia need to pump 98 in sg then mati liao

How many maps do you have? If suay suay no chance go malaysia need to pump 98 in sg then mati liao

Yes bro. Happened once b4. I usually pump at Petron Pelangi. That day i went in, the petrol station really ran out of 100ron. I bobian went to the one on tebau highway..

• Praise 1

RON is the number for anti-knock.

The higher the number, the higher the compression you can use before it self-ignite.

If your engine is not tuned to RON 100, you would be wasting your money by pumping it, when lower RON will do.

RON by itself does not increase your engine performance.

• Praise 2

RON is the number for anti-knock.

The higher the number, the higher the compression you can use before it self-ignite.

If your engine is not tuned to RON 100, you would be wasting your money by pumping it, when lower RON will do.

RON by itself does not increase your engine performance.

Yes u are right bro. My tuner told me that if tuned to say 98ron, putting 100ron in will not increase performance as the ecu would not advance ignition timing beyound that.

An octane rating, or octane number, is a standard measure of the performance of an engine or aviation fuel. The higher the octane number, the more compression the fuel can withstand before detonating (igniting). In broad terms, fuels with a higher octane rating are used in high performance gasoline engines that require higher compression ratios. In contrast, fuels with lower octane numbers (but higher cetane numbers) are ideal for diesel engines, because diesel engines (also referred to as compression-ignition engines) do not compress the fuel, but rather compress only air and then inject fuel into the air which was heated by compression. Gasoline engines rely on ignition of air and fuel compressed together as a mixture, which is ignited at the end of the compression stroke using spark plugs. Therefore, high compressibility of the fuel matters mainly for gasoline engines. Use of gasoline with lower octane numbers may lead to the problem of engine knocking.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating

Let take an example, in a stock car your car owner manual recommends minimum 95 RON,

Putting in

92RON: Results in decreased engine performance (ecu automatically retard ignition timing to run engine safe). Doing on long term may result in engine failure.

95RON: U will run just fine.

97/98/100RON: u will run just fine with no/ little increase in engine performance but a lighter wallet.

Hope this helps.

Happy motoring!

Edited by Aaronlkl
  • Praise 1

Top Tier Petrol may not increase performance,but the extra additives will make the car smoother & get better FC...For example,my Mazda 6,95 petrol get 11km/L,98 petrol get 12.3 km/L.

↡ Advertisement