Threat fr Zika Virus - 1st case in SG

Picnic06-Biante15

Hypersonic

You at HK. Beri beri far away.....

I may be coming back for holiday soon mah

Hypersonic

Wait till the Olympics in Brazil start and this virus will spread throughout the world when visitors go back to their country. It's an epidemic waiting to happen.

I saw a CNN report.

• Praise 2

Heard from news body able to completely flush out the virus after one month. Blood test to scan the virus is 300sgd according to my nursing friend.

• Praise 1

First local case of transmitted zika virus. Location is aljunied

Hopefully it won't spread to other ppl ....

Let's keep our fingers crossed ....

Keep away the haze and Zika virus ....

that very bad. especially pregnant ladies.

i have a shipment of mosquito killer lamp but too bad not meant for singapore market.

better buy for would be parents

i have 2 at home cos i hate flying insects

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 3

First case of locally-transmitted Zika virus infection reported in Singapore: MOH, NEA

SINGAPORE: A 47-year-old Malaysian woman living at Block 102 Aljunied Crescent is Singapore's first reported case of locally-transmitted Zika virus infection, the Ministry of Health and National Environment Agency said on Saturday (Aug 27).

As she had not travelled to Zika-affected areas recently, she was likely to have been infected in Singapore, MOH and NEA said in a joint news release.

According to MOH and NEA, the patient had developed symptoms such as fever, rash and conjunctivitis from Thursday. She visited a general practitioner on Friday and was referred to Tan Tock Seng Hospital’s Communicable Diseases Centre (CDC), where she tested positive for the Zika virus on Saturday.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/first-case-of-locally/3078974.html

Edited by Blueray
  • Praise 2

My friend living there said that the whole team of people is there whole day since yesterday till night to check on every household.

Scary for preggy to stay there, wonder if they are put up somewhere away from there.

Edited by Coltplussport
  • Praise 1

Known cases 41. Unknown cases = ???

I know right... it's the same aedes mossies right. Those little buggers are everywhere.

Wonder how long the virus stays within the body.

Hypersonic

I know right... it's the same aedes mossies right. Those little buggers are everywhere.

Wonder how long the virus stays within the body.

Not just from those mossies.... sex also can transmit  :dizzy:

http://www.straitstimes.com/world/united-states/man-with-no-symptoms-transmits-zika-to-sex-partner?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&xtor=CS1-10#link_time=1472368589

• Praise 1