Nissan Pulsar

Kia7200

Has anyone upsized their rims to 18 incher? My Wife will be collecting her Pulsar tomorrow and I am thinking of changing the rims to light weight ones with better tyres like the PS4. A bit concern with major impact to pickup speeds after upgrading so hoping for feedback from current owners.

Booked the Premium version for 91.5k before the big slide in COE. Got the SE to include the Shark Fin antennae for free but not enough to offset the sinking feeling with the large paper loss in COE values. Thankfully had bargained hard to get that price or else will feel even more sore.

• Praise 1

Has anyone upsized their rims to 18 incher? My Wife will be collecting her Pulsar tomorrow and I am thinking of changing the rims to light weight ones with better tyres like the PS4. A bit concern with major impact to pickup speeds after upgrading so hoping for feedback from current owners.

Booked the Premium version for 91.5k before the big slide in COE. Got the SE to include the Shark Fin antennae for free but not enough to offset the sinking feeling with the large paper loss in COE values. Thankfully had bargained hard to get that price or else will feel even more sore.

Pulsar on 19"? Edited by merc280v6

If your concern is on FC and pickup, stick to the same size and use lightweight rims. A marginal improvement might be seen.
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hihi,

Just to share my experience, I collected my Pulsar weeks ago and immediately went to trade in the rim and tyres bcos my partner say the rim not nice enough.

I didnt upgrade the rim as we felt 17 is necessary. Consider pretty big already for a normal hatch. I also scare bigger rim, bigger tyres, more FC. I changed the tyres size though after changing my rim to a sports rim as bigger tyres (from 205 to 225) will fit the rim better. My new tyres is conti premium contact 6. Rim is from Taiwan though as I cannot find any European brand for 17 inch after going to 5-6 different rim shops. Many also say Nissan car Taiwan rim good enough. Lol

U got ur Pulsar at such a good price! Did u trade in any old car?

The stock tyre is contisportcontact 5 is already very good, should be negligible performance improvement (dry and wet grip) for any tyre upgrade. Dun waste money lah. Run the stock tyre down then upgrade

Unless u r getting comfort tyres to reduce noise or rolling resistance. Contisportcontact 5 is abit on the high side for rolling resistance.

Any bros here experience engine stall/ break situation with pulsar right after starting engine and move off about 1m. Then brake pedal becomes super stiff cannot depressed, need to switch off ignition and restart?

Edited by YiYuLim

damn I shld have negotiated for the shark's fin too.

sad.

Thanks all for your feedback. Now to reply some of the questions posed..

1. Yes, we traded in our 8 3/4 year old Latio for $16k (not including the 2k TC gives)

2. I was only considering to go 18 inch max and this rim i’m considering weighs less than 8.5kg which I can safely say is much lesser than the stock rim

3. Would have considered running down the current Tyre if i’m Not changing rims but the stock tyre profile cannot match the OZ rim i’m considering

Anyway collected the car this morning and have already installed an existing spare Blackvue DVR, changed the pathetic horn and replaced the front speaker with Focals. So far the performance is fine as Long as I don"t overrev. Will do some sound proofing in the front to cut out the engine noise. Overrall pretty good compared to our original choice of the Peugeot 308.

Did another round of wrapping...

Now no more chrome parts....only the word nissan at front grille is chrome....

bro, mind sharing where you did this and damage?

my car is black, wondering if I should do the same to my chrome parts

damn I shld have negotiated for the shark's fin too.

sad.

Don’t be sad lar, just buy from TB and DIY. Less than 20 bucks, cheap stuff. For me I just use a short antenna as a close friend told me the sharp fin will drop off after parking the car under sun and rain. 

This is how your car looks like without the chrome....

Nissan-Pulsar-Sport-85.jpg

Neutral Newbie

How many of you guys actually have your ride fit with the body kit? The bodykits looks ugly especially the rear portion. 

• Praise 2

Had actually opted for the body kit since it was given free. After seeing the rear diffuser, decided to opt out and my SE helped to secure another 1k off the final price. Anyway, just came back from the rim shop and decided to stick to 17 inch after comparing both sizes side by side. On the way back, can sense an improvement in the pickup but who knows if it may be the mind playing tricks to justify the spend. Lol!!! Here’s a picture of the finish product.

post-1050-0-45441600-1506766446_thumb.jpeg

Did it at jj decalhub... Can google his fcebook pge.. He was the one who suggested to cover the chrome parts..no more uncle car look...lol

Had actually opted for the body kit since it was given free. After seeing the rear diffuser, decided to opt out and my SE helped to secure another 1k off the final price. Anyway, just came back from the rim shop and decided to stick to 17 inch after comparing both sizes side by side. On the way back, can sense an improvement in the pickup but who knows if it may be the mind playing tricks to justify the spend. Lol!!! Hereâs a picture of the finish product.

94073994-F06B-4618-BB3A-93FA65BA315D.jpeg

Nice rims.. Im still undecided to replace the rims now or wait til time to change the tyres...
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1