Pre owned Mercedes Benz

CRV48

Supercharged

There are mainly 3 types of car suspension spring/dampers.

1) Standard steel coil spring + a fixed damper (shock absorber)

2) Adaptive suspension : Standard coil spring + an adaptive damper whose damping characteristics can be changed dynamically

3) Air suspension : No steel coil spring or damper. replaced by a air bag which supports the vehicle weight and absorbs road bumps. A separately in-vehicle mounted air pump will maintain the air pressure in the air bag.

For (3), obviously a lot more complex and many more points of failure. In fact air leakage or pump failure is almost certain after x period of usage, so consider it a consummable part.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

My non LWB 7er came with non airmatic setup. More drivable at corners in high speed than my fren's ship-liked LWB 7er.

But when come to road humps...His could just chiong over at above 60kph.

2) Adaptive suspension : Standard coil spring + an adaptive damper whose damping characteristics can be changed dynamically

3) Air suspension : No steel coil spring or damper. replaced by a air bag which supports the vehicle weight and absorbs road bumps. A separately in-vehicle mounted air pump will maintain the air pressure in the air bag.

For (3), obviously a lot more complex and many more points of failure. In fact air leakage or pump failure is almost certain after x period of usage, so consider it a consummable part.

Is the w213 e from cnc using air suspension as well?

My non LWB 7er came with non airmatic setup. More drivable at corners in high speed than my fren's ship-liked LWB 7er.

But when come to road humps...His could just chiong over at above 60kph.

But for the airmatic setup, when the system fails, the car will "sack" down all the way , there will be error showing the car imbalance or something. And the repair cost can be costly.

But for the airmatic setup, when the system fails, the car will "sack" down all the way , there will be error showing the car imbalance or something. And the repair cost can be costly.

That's why the cheapo me went for the normal standard stuff. Non LWB E65 was long and luxurious enough for me.

But my fren only spent less than 4k for his E66 rear airmatic pair when they failed.

I do mine at TLS Auto Eng (formerly OKI) at Bkt Merah Lane 3. Not sure abt price compared to MBM but workshop is popular with Merc owners. They have those computerised diagnostics for Merc.

Anyone else with any feedback for this workshop?

Do you guys service your car at C&C?

Neutral Newbie

Hi , my first in forum. Like your views on getting a 2 year old CLA 180 parallel import car as about 8-10k cheaper then from C&C. Warranty at MBM workshop for 2 years. Any thoughts ? Much appreciated.

Best is you get from Republic Motors . Warranty is from CNC themselves. More expensive but you will have peace of mind. Another is PPSL selection

Hi , my first in forum. Like your views on getting a 2 year old CLA 180 parallel import car as about 8-10k cheaper then from C&C. Warranty at MBM workshop for 2 years. Any thoughts ? Much appreciated.

Yep. If there is a recall or something like that,  the PI workshops may not honour the agreement. 

Thanks. Will check on republic and PPSL . Are parallel imports that bad?

When comes to conti,do stay clear of the PI.

Lots of electronic stuff even the authorise one,finds it a handful.

Owns a pi toyota ,got some kind of recall,was inform by mail dat once the spares arrived will get in touch.

I sold the car still no news.im lucky some pi dun even make contact & some even closed shop!

Try to get from republic,a bit more but peace of mind.

Try to get specific warranty o.in b&w

If u fancy a CLA ,try to look for the 200,a bit of power.

Try to set aside 3-4 k to give it a proper once over in the workshop(no need c&c)drain,flush,replace all fluid & u will get a almost a brand new merk.

Dun forget to replace the ATF ,a must in the modern car.

Enjoy

Thanks for the time to x'plain.

I loves to navigate around w/shop(wifey always says nvr spoilt also go wshop)

Bump into dis shop call accord recently not so much of the promo.

Dey giving 3 visit svcs pkg,1st one for conti ,think its 120,all original parts,2nd one,pay normal price,third visit FREE!

But the most interesting bit is dis ,dey repaired air suspension with a kit.

Dunno how reliable but as far as I noe,dey are the only one doing it.

I get to noe them recently,pretty good,can check them out & do update it here,plse

Cheers

Thanks. Will check on republic and PPSL . Are parallel imports that bad?

you can still get good PI around, it is a matter of heng suay only. Having said that, you can get from Republic as they  work closely with C&C to get fairly new merc.

Buy with peace of mind, dont just look at upfront saving...

↡ Advertisement