• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
59 replies to this topic | 288 praises

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:48 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

almost everywhere i go, when I see either one, the other will be just nearby ... sometimes even next door to each other !!

so which one do you prefer ?

Angcheek praised this

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:53 PM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I recognise neither. :D

We live in a primitive time, don't we, Will? Neither savage nor wise. Half measures are the curse of it; any rational society would either kill me or put me to some use.

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:59 PM

mersaylee
  • mersaylee
    Supercharged
    Author Image

A lot of the same stuff are available cheaper near kuan yin temple at "4 horse road"...no aircon tho.

For exp stuff like codycep I only go to yu yang san. Imagine with their scale but can only obtain puny size of the herbs. Just can't place my trust on smaller players...

Even none Chinese also go for that herbs...let alone massive demand in China with growing per capita...

No chance to wait for the plants to grow bigger b4 being plucked for sale.
Angcheek, Lala81 and RH1667 praised this

Posted 24 January 2016 - 02:02 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

It's like petrol, all plucked from mother earth. But each will claim that his is betterer.

The grass, barks and roots probably come from the same supplier.

almost everywhere i go, when I see either one, the other will be just nearby ... sometimes even next door to each other !!

so which one do you prefer ?

Posted 24 January 2016 - 02:08 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Maybe they are run by same boss, just like Dian Xiao Er and Soup Restaurant (last time), almost always next to each other.

Give customers 'freedom of choice' but which ever shop they buy from still roll into the same pocket.

[laugh]
Kangadrool, Angcheek and RH1667 praised this

Posted 24 January 2016 - 03:27 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

It depends. Both their packaging are nice and more pricey needless to say. If it's for own consumption I go to neighbourhood shops. Bad news are a lot of the old timers have closed shop. Beach road hawker center nearby got one. it's near the HDB MSCP. Previously the shop was having bird nests sale and I bought some. It's cheaper dan those chain stores you had mentioned.

It's a no brainer since those atas shop have to pay rent in the shopping malls and pay for the courteous staff, you will be obviously paying for more dan you can bargain. What do you expect?

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 24 January 2016 - 04:34 PM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I go Hock Hua.

"old dog, new tricks ..."

Posted 24 January 2016 - 10:18 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I go Hock Hua.

me too ... it seems that HH's staff are more enthusiastic than ZTP ... in most branches i have seen ...

but i dun buy tonic or herbs ... when i pass by, i only buy the boiled drinks ... when just buying drinks, you can see the diff btw the two companies. even when you dun buy, HH's staff are still very enthusiastic.

Posted 24 January 2016 - 10:21 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I only buy brown tennis balls. :D

Posted 24 January 2016 - 10:25 PM

Mcf777
  • Mcf777
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

That Ah Gua shop, can forget abt it.

Just like use "XX" as a front, no one like it.

Posted 24 January 2016 - 11:11 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

ZTP for me.

But if in jb then hock hua
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:50 AM

Tkseah
  • Tkseah
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I buy more from ZTP than from HH..

iHerb discount code - TEC163

Posted 25 January 2016 - 09:06 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Anything that's more expensive, my mother only trusts eu yan shang or Yu Hua at Chinatown.

Only cheap stuff like gou qi, the common red date or what then i buy from hockhua or ZTP.

RH1667 praised this

Posted 25 January 2016 - 09:06 AM

magaritas
  • magaritas
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Both are ok with me. I came across people who bought $3k+ products fr HH in 1 receipt.

Edited by magaritas, 25 January 2016 - 09:07 AM.

Posted 25 January 2016 - 09:13 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

cordyceps is really expensive. What used to cost like 200-300 dollars years ago is now easily 900-1000 dollars

Posted 25 January 2016 - 09:30 AM

Jeffc
  • Premium member
    Jeffc
    5th Gear
    Author Image

cordyceps is really expensive. What used to cost like 200-300 dollars years ago is now easily 900-1000 dollars

I poor, only use cordyceps flower.

Wholesale-2014-herbal-tea-Megasporogenes

Posted 25 January 2016 - 09:37 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I'm only learning some of these stuff to prepare some soups.

Other than ginseng, i don't find the cost-benefit ratio to be there.

Cordyceps anyway, most people only eat for post operation recovery period. It's supposed to be really good for that.

I poor, only use cordyceps flower.

Wholesale-2014-herbal-tea-Megasporogenes

Posted 25 January 2016 - 09:47 AM

Jeffc
  • Premium member
    Jeffc
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I'm only learning some of these stuff to prepare some soups.

Other than ginseng, i don't find the cost-benefit ratio to be there.

Cordyceps anyway, most people only eat for post operation recovery period. It's supposed to be really good for that.

Pre and post operation many are using pian zi huang.

Half pre and the other half post.

pian_zi_huang.jpg

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:12 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

hah, i only trust the herb itself. I'll never eat a TCM tablet for anything.

Pre and post operation many are using pian zi huang.

Half pre and the other half post.

pian_zi_huang.jpg

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:45 AM

Jayy25
  • Premium member
    Jayy25
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Anything that's more expensive, my mother only trusts eu yan shang or Yu Hua at Chinatown.

Only cheap stuff like gou qi, the common red date or what then i buy from hockhua or ZTP.

alamak those soup ingredients like gou qi, mushrooms, rock sugar and so on can be obtained at a very cheap rate at Albert court hawker centre (the 2nd level sundries area) 

Back to Healthcare & Wellness  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: hock hua, ztp, birdsnest, tonics and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users