Latest COE rebate levels

BenTong

You not scared kena locked ? Haha

this one is one yr back thread lah, someone just got merge into this thread, lock simi.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

this one is one yr back thread lah, someone just got merge into this thread, lock simi.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Bro................you really on form in this thread..................I keep on  [laugh] and  [laugh] ...................@Eviilusion also...............all so funny...............  :D

• Praise 1

Yes I did ten years ago.

You get exactly rebate minus the COE.

I count 20 mins before your thread gets merged ...

Hahaha..yeah

But seriously, got ppl get it?

Bought at motorshow when coe 53k.. Now news is coe expand by 11.6%. If coe drop to 45k...i luggi 8k for nothing..

My coe rebate is 34k.

So sian

Bro................you really on form in this thread..................I keep on  [laugh] and  [laugh] ...................@Eviilusion also...............all so funny...............  :D

today sibei free mah.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Hahaha..yeah

But seriously, got ppl get it?

Bought at motorshow when coe 53k.. Now news is coe expand by 11.6%. If coe drop to 45k...i luggi 8k for nothing..

My coe rebate is 34k.

So sian

cannot like that say lah, then if coe shoot up to 61K how? you tan tio 8k? 

Buy liao is buy liao, dont calculate so much liao lah, just enjoy your ride for next few years.

Important thing is what is the COE when you want to sell your car, not now anymore. You take position already sld be thinking of when you want to sell can sell how much, unless coe drop you can avg buy another car.   [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Too many people are obsessed with rebates.

What's better? High rebate but you never get it or tiny rebate but your dealer bids high?

I prefer the latter.

Yes if you have paid up, keep calm and drive on.

Is Coe rebate minus from the agreed lump sum or they will issue cheque to off set the rebate ?

Is Coe rebate minus from the agreed lump sum or they will issue cheque to off set the rebate ?

• Praise 1

Time to renew that COE instead of buying a new car?

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/old-is-gold

If the buyer scrimps on maintenance,we may see more breakdowns or accidents.. not everyone who renews is a collector, in fact most are B&B drivers.

I see quite a number of new vehicles broke-down too. likely due to too much electronic stuff in the car? 

Renewing COE depends on needs, car type and current market condition.

eg, I just need a car to move around. My current car has parf of $18k and in CAT-B. So upon renewal, it will cost me around near $70k/year which will also need to factor in additional road tax premium annually. All these exclude possible breakdown of few hundreds to thousands of repair per year.

Given new car such as Chey, Subaru, Hyundai, Perodua, Nissan have depreciation ranging from $6K+ to $8k, it makes more sense to purchase a brand new car with lower road tax, better FC, better car technology such as apple carplay. 

The downside is it may not be as powerful as the current ride but the objective of the car is to move me around. Therefore, buying new car makes more sense.

Given car purchase is emotional, one make goes beyond practical sense and target beyond what is required for a car. As such, comparing to car costing more than $100k will make more sense to renew. So, it is not a fair comparison. 

I did also think of getting a car with parf of $6k and renew it for say $40-50k COE. It cost merely at most $50k. In this scenario, comparing $5k/year to $7-8k/year may be more sensible.

Yup

Looks like the way to go

• Praise 1

Renewing COE depends on needs, car type and current market condition.

eg, I just need a car to move around. My current car has parf of $18k and in CAT-B. So upon renewal, it will cost me around near $70k/year which will also need to factor in additional road tax premium annually. All these exclude possible breakdown of few hundreds to thousands of repair per year.

Given new car such as Chey, Subaru, Hyundai, Perodua, Nissan have depreciation ranging from $6K+ to $8k, it makes more sense to purchase a brand new car with lower road tax, better FC, better car technology such as apple carplay.

The downside is it may not be as powerful as the current ride but the objective of the car is to move me around. Therefore, buying new car makes more sense.

Given car purchase is emotional, one make goes beyond practical sense and target beyond what is required for a car. As such, comparing to car costing more than $100k will make more sense to renew. So, it is not a fair comparison.

I did also think of getting a car with parf of $6k and renew it for say $40-50k COE. It cost merely at most $50k. In this scenario, comparing $5k/year to $7-8k/year may be more sensible.

I'm in similar situations ...

Your 18k mean PARF or OMV?

It should be scrap valve + PCOE ...

• Praise 1