How Vehicle Ownership in Singapore Works

sheepysheep

Just about to collect a newly purchased vehicle.

How can i go about checking that the car has been properly registered under my name and ID as the owner?

What kinda documents should i expect to receive on collection?

Any help on this topic is much appreciated  :)

↡ Advertisement

Login to onemotoring.com.sg with Sing pass.

Check under your assets.

Different dealers will probably give different things.. But I guess instruction manual, various warranty agreements and service booklet will come as standard.

Edited by Chrispie
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Nowadays road tax disc will come in the mail in a few days, not necessarily there on collection... just in case you wonder where it is. :p

• Praise 2

Just about to collect a newly purchased vehicle.

How can i go about checking that the car has been properly registered under my name and ID as the owner?

What kinda documents should i expect to receive on collection?

Any help on this topic is much appreciated  :)

Nowadays all electronic, regarding the car registration you will probably get no documents at all.

For the car, you should get the car manual at least. They might give you a service booklet as well, depends on the dealer. I didn't get a servicing booklet.

Remember to collect all your freebies eg car mats, letter for free servicing (if any), voucher for solar film, etc.

(edited)

The most original and authentic proof of ownership is the letter LTA sent to you via snail mail. 

What letter would that be? Road tax?

Edited by sheepysheep

What letter would that be? Road tax?

It is a letter saying you have recently registered a new vehicle. The full details of your new car will be listed there.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Thanks alot fellas. So the only way that you prove that your the owner of the car now is via the assets list in one motoring?

LTA will send you a letter confirming registration of car, but if you are looking for the traditional logcard, it is now digital and can be accessed under My Assets on one.motoring as mentioned.

I recommend you retrieve the info from one.motoring and print it out if you want a logcard... or you can head to LTA office and ask for hardcopy there.

Also, you should keep a copy of your sales agreement or w/e you got from the dealer when you signed your cash away. :a-panic:

Do you agree ?

On the topic of car ownership, as a wholesome lifetime liability, do you agree or not agree ?

If you are struggling to be very worried about the cost of parking at public car park for $1.20 per hour, or an increment of 5 cents per litre of petrol, you SHOULD NOT be owning a car. Go public transport instead, or an occasional splurge of luxury in a taxi.

Hence, it is then for the comfort of having your own car, to not scrimp and save on the basics, such as proper and timely maintenance, paying your parking fee, putting in 95 or 98 RON ( if your car requires the minimum ), drive it like a man and burn those gas rather than trying to crawl over the slightest slope or reluctant to step harder on the gas than necessary because you want to feel good with that fuel consumption improvement from 13 to 13.2.

Yes and no.

Of course, those that are necessary and unavoidable, have to spend. But also can be smart about it. For instance, parking can find nearby ones with cheaper rates, and fuel can make use of discount cards. For that I find nothing wrong.

if you have to worry about cost whenever you drive, you are not enjoying your ride. then why spent money to add stress?

of course it does not mean you should simply spend and dont plan your routes. sometimes, it is also more convenient not to drive.

end of the day, you are the only person to know if you enjoy owning that car.

• Praise 1

Do you agree ?

On the topic of car ownership, as a wholesome lifetime liability, do you agree or not agree ?

If you are struggling to be very worried about the cost of parking at public car park for $1.20 per hour, or an increment of 5 cents per litre of petrol, you SHOULD NOT be owning a car. Go public transport instead, or an occasional splurge of luxury in a taxi.

Hence, it is then for the comfort of having your own car, to not scrimp and save on the basics, such as proper and timely maintenance, paying your parking fee, putting in 95 or 98 RON ( if your car requires the minimum ), drive it like a man and burn those gas rather than trying to crawl over the slightest slope or reluctant to step harder on the gas than necessary because you want to feel good with that fuel consumption improvement from 13 to 13.2.

merged here.

School hols again? you passed primary 6?

In future SEARCH as this topic has been discussed to death!

merged here.

Can't praise you anymore.

Maybe this topic should be discussed under stressful instead

:XD:

merged here.

OK I praise you then. Thanks for the merger.

But I don't think anyone should bear sarcasm to a TS though.

Primary 6 how to own car license ? You had yours when you're 13 or you stolen your dad's car ? LOL