ERP rates increase/decrease thread monitor!

Ah_Zai

AYE is my least fav, always either congested or slow moving

Agreed.

Especially in the morning from KPE to MCP, towards the Maxwell Exit. There is 5 lanes however its always cluttered with slow moving cars. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

how it works..

1) put a speedcam in that area

2) cars slow down due to speed cam

3)survey and found that that area always congested

4) deploy ERP to ease congestion

5)$$$$$

• Praise 5

It works, at least along this stretch of road.

A few years ago, I used to use this stretch daily. It was stop-n-go from Jurong East to Ave 6. I stopped using it just before the ERP was implemented.

I still use it sometimes. I was surprised it was smooth all the way to NUS at ~8:30 am. I thought that would never happen. Since the traffic is now smooth, I thought I could leave later and still reach office by 9:30 am. Guess what? When I tried that and used AYE at 9+ am: no ERP, much heavier traffic. ERP did shift the traffic usage pattern.

Lucky AYE, I thought CTE going from $6 to $7.

To avoid ERP and jam, go office earlier, knock off earlier, and go home to have dinner with family earlier.

Cant knock off earlier...ifni go back before 730pm, there will be another ERP charge!!! Should have gotten an OPC instead since no mattet what, will get charged.
  • Praise 1

first sell you the jurong lake story ... a must buy property ... AYE mins to city

then slap you with AYE ERP up up and away ... song song gao jurong ... huat ah!

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 4

nowsaday i see no real purpose for ERP gantries other than generating extra incomes for the government.the increase in tolls have no impact on reducing the traffic flow at all.

most of motorists have already switched route after the installation of ERP gantries and now causing congestion at the alternative routes.for example the ERP gantries entering AYE at clementi ave 6 and ave 2 which is now causing congestion on the commonwealth lane towards dover.is LTA going to install ERP gantries at commonwealth now also?

• Praise 3

nowsaday i see no real purpose for ERP gantries other than generating extra incomes for the government.the increase in tolls have no impact on reducing the traffic flow at all.

most of motorists have already switched route after the installation of ERP gantries and now causing congestion at the alternative routes.for example the ERP gantries entering AYE at clementi ave 6 and ave 2 which is now causing congestion on the commonwealth lane towards dover.is LTA going to install ERP gantries at commonwealth now also?

SHHHHHHHHHHH! They will implement ERP there too! :S

ERP doesn't confined to expressway, any roads here can also erect ERP! So I would not be surprise if commonwealth eventually will also have ERP, if traffic continue to get worse. 

Still cheap lah. I was driving in Sydney during the December school holiday and some motorways were charging as much as A$7 during peak hour while non peak hours were around A$3. Their non peak charges equal our peak charges!

• Praise 1

did you say no impact? Then better increase another $5 to see immediate impact  [laugh]

did you say no impact? Then better increase another $5 to see immediate impact  [laugh]

i also say!  go for it! [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Still cheap lah. I was driving in Sydney during the December school holiday and some motorways were charging as much as A$7 during peak hour while non peak hours were around A$3. Their non peak charges equal our peak charges!

sounds vaguely familiar... 

• Praise 1

Cannot compare lah bro.

Take the Corolla Altis for example,

Car price in OZ is 1/10th of what u pay here.

Furthermore its Freehold.

Road tax and insurance are way lower too down-under.

The fairest way to control car population is to make car buyers pay in full.

COE, ERP are just pushing up cost of living nia!

Edited by Aaronlkl
  • Praise 2

Car-Lite Public Service Announcement (PSA)!~

SINGAPORE - Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) rates at five gantries will increase by $1 from Feb 1, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) announced on Monday (Jan 25).

A set of three gantries - after Jurong Town Hall Road towards the city - on the Ayer Rajah Expressway (AYE) will have their rates adjusted from 8.30am to 9.30am.

With the new adjustment, the ERP rate from 8.30am to 9am will be $3, while it will cost $2 between 9am and 9.30am.

The other two gantries affected are on the Pan Island Expressway (PIE) at Adam Road and Mount Pleasant Road.

There will now be a $1 charge from 9am to 9.30am at these two gantries.

erp1_0.jpg

LTA said the revised rates come after the completion of its quarterly review of traffic conditions on ERP-priced roads and expressways.

The next ERP review will take place on May 20.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/erp-rates-at-5-gantries-on-aye-pie-to-increase-by-1-from-feb-1

Fark, Fark [furious]

why so many vehicles on the road, Fark LAT only knows collect money but doesn't control vehicles quantity, COEs tsunami [rifle]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2