Unnatural death of 14 year old

Loki

If owed taxes, I believe Customs will stop him at the airport, there and then.

RIP to the poor 14 years old boy boy  

One of my old friend who divorce in less than 10 months and went to work in batam industrial park, he got arrested by previous old WTC ferry terminal immigration office during on his first return into Singapore seaport harbour.

Because he default ex-wife and childrens maintenance fees for 6 months, the moral of this story is "Never Divorce" to cause the whole family suffers.

↡ Advertisement

have you been to a questioning session with your kid? what is the normal reaction from the parents if they are present?

The most common thing you get is the parents will do all the answering for the kid, worse the parents will start accusing the police or the victim whole file the report, sound familiar?

in the end the kid walk out guild free without saying a word.

i felt sad for the boy not because of what the police did, i felt sad for what the parents did not do.

But isn't that the point? 

We don't know - 

While I agree with you that some (not all) parents will behave that way - 

I would also think it is important that a 14 year old is not left to face the police alone - that he has someone there for support. 

Now it may well be that this WAS the case - that there are special protocols to be followed, that were adhered to, when a child is being questioned. 

There is no indication of this in the article - but since when have journalists been good at providing such details? 

With one so young, it is very, very easy for questioning to cross the line into intimidation - and it would take fairly thorough training and understanding to guard against it. 

Sad thing for the boy and family. One thing molest is a serious crime. And offender has to expect consequences. How to teach the there are consequences for serious offence and yet not break their fragile mind?

Anyway no point speculating the SOP of the police, they usually have their own protocol to follow . and its not easy for parents to notice any usual behavior of their kids . Working is stress as it is for us, not many people have the benefit of watching over their kids all day long.

usually me and wify just go home ask some questions for update on her daily routine.

It is a tragic that such incident happened but I really don't think the fault lies with the police. 

Someone made a report, the police have to follow up and get the boy to assist with the investigation. I mean we can't expect the police to cater to everyone's preferred timing right?

IF die die also want to blame, probably the school should also share the blame since they should be the one looking after the kids feelings and not the police.

I do feel that the police should be redirected somewhere and wait while the school send someone to summon the student down.

This sounds kind of combative - 

But why not? 

If he is "only" assisting in investigations - shouldn't it be at his own (relative) convenience? 

But I do note that the article says he was released on bail - so I guess an arrest was made...

I think a lot of people still do not know that in Singapore , you will not have access to any lawyers or anyone when you are brought in for questioning .

Its unlike the HKG dramas when you think that you can refused to reply until your lawyers arrives or what's not .

Tis is s sad case and hopefully our police and all parents can learn something from this matter .

RIP boy .. .

Actually i don't know how juvenile/children are questioned for crime. I guess soon, we'll know. Surely there will be some inquest.

I think a lot of people still do not know that in Singapore , you will not have access to any lawyers or anyone when you are brought in for questioning .

Its unlike the HKG dramas when you think that you can refused to reply until your lawyers arrives or what's not .

Tis is s sad case and hopefully our police and all parents can learn something from this matter .

RIP boy .. .

Good point. Think this interrogation process should be tweaked, at least for minors, to have some representation of guardian there to prevent abuse.

I'm sure the interrogation would be taped at the minimum otherwise..

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 1

your first 2 posts was jumping straight into all kind of imagination, then you add "we dun know what actually happen and what he did"

if the invitation and the interview was done according to the SOP in simple question and answer, then the responsibility fall back to the mum from the time she took him home to the time he jump. The mum has the responsibility to put things back in perspective with the son and ensure him everything will be fine.

If the problem begin with the way the police handle the case, i believe the investigation into the case by review the video on what happen in the room.

Wonder if they have video taping of the interrogation room?

Good point. Think this interrogation process should be tweaked, at least for minors, to have some representation of guardian there to prevent abuse.

I'm sure the interrogation would be taped at the minimum otherwise..

This day and age if at least no audio recording, buay sai bah. Hopefully all these are there.

"older than teacher"  student spotted ! :D  

nb..disturb me ah....i dream of you hor then u know...

i know i repeat prembaree tree for 7 years...professional student...hahaha

I was caned for going to the canteen to pick up 2 kittens to put in my form teacher's desk drawer.

eh ello...teacher know you making fun of her pussy hor... 2 some more walau....didelphys ah [grin]  [grin]

• Praise 2

This day and age if at least no audio recording, buay sai bah. Hopefully all these are there.

There is for sure but whether selectively recording or not , nobody knows ...  

nb..disturb me ah....i dream of you hor then u know...

i know i repeat prembaree tree for 7 years...professional student...hahaha

eh ello...teacher know you making fun of her pussy hor... 2 some more walau....didelphys ah [grin][grin]

Whats a premberry tree?

• Praise 1

read your own post on every thing you wrote about the police.

and also i didn't say the mum needs to 'talk him down' from suicide!!  dude as i say you are making up a lot of things in your head.

Forget it lah. I also gave up liao  [laugh]

• Praise 1

My God! Did not know about this incident. Tagged as unnatural death?

At the moment I only know what's written there.
↡ Advertisement