GrabHitch/RYDE-car pooling services

Carpools

Having been both a driver and rider, my observation is this:

Vast majority of riders are generally ignorant of cars and driving mentality (I mean, 2/3 of our population don't have driving license). To them car is just car, a form of transport to bring them to somewhere. No different from taxi, bus, MRT.

So for them they will never have the idea how important the car is to its owner. Like someone said, these people think, 'I paid what, it's a service'. And thus to them Hitch is no different from taxi, just cheaper only.

I dunno how to be able to change the mentality of these people. Only if they've experienced buying and owning a car then maybe they will understand why drivers here tend to be protective of their own cars.

• Praise 3

Vast majority of riders are generally ignorant of cars and driving mentality (I mean, 2/3 of our population don't have driving license). To them car is just car, a form of transport to bring them to somewhere. No different from taxi, bus, MRT.

So for them they will never have the idea how important the car is to its owner. Like someone said, these people think, 'I paid what, it's a service'. And thus to them Hitch is no different from taxi, just cheaper only.

I dunno how to be able to change the mentality of these people. Only if they've experienced buying and owning a car then maybe they will understand why drivers here tend to be protective of their own cars.

But maybe even for some car owners, they also dont really protect much of their own cars lo, to them a car is just a car. Lol. So must able to find the same mindset people then would understand how you feel.

But maybe even for some car owners, they also dont really protect much of their own cars lo, to them a car is just a car. Lol. So must able to find the same mindset people then would understand how you feel.

Maybe la, but I think those are less common. I think the vast majority of car owners here tend to at least try to take care of their cars, given that they actually fork out money for it.

These people are PITA. They think their few dollars very big. They feel by paying few dollars they expect the same service of grab or taxi or limo. Some will jump in just sit at the back, treat us as transparent driver, nvr even say thank you for hitching them up.

These kind of ppl i will remember, nxt time see familiar name or face, i will check my trip history first.

Worse, i saw in facebook, one driver told rider to make friend with driver hence better to sit in front.

U know what the rider said? If friend then free what no need pay or give more discount. Feel like punching the one that comment.

• Praise 1

These people are PITA. They think their few dollars very big. They feel by paying few dollars they expect the same service of grab or taxi or limo. Some will jump in just sit at the back, treat us as transparent driver, nvr even say thank you for hitching them up.

These kind of ppl i will remember, nxt time see familiar name or face, i will check my trip history first.

Worse, i saw in facebook, one driver told rider to make friend with driver hence better to sit in front.

U know what the rider said? If friend then free what no need pay or give more discount. Feel like punching the one that comment.

What to do. Singaporeans are cheapskates in general.

Even when I take normal Grab/Uber I always thank the driver after the trip and always give 5 stars (unless very jialat which thankfully very rarely happens). I've been there so I know how tough it is. Don't make life difficult for people la.

• Praise 2

Even when I take normal Grab/Uber I always thank the driver after the trip and always give 5 stars (unless very jialat which thankfully very rarely happens). I've been there so I know how tough it is. Don't make life difficult for people la.

I also even if i take justgrab will thank the driver and give them 5 stars. If they drive quite reckless then i will not rate them.

For few times i also take grabhitch, will always thank driver for hitching me and also try to initiate conversation

I always forget to tip my very first Uber driver whenever I arrive in U.S. and end up getting poor ratings. That's why I switch to Lyft now as you can tip the driver via the app if you forgot!

Couldn't agree more. But being the nice guy that I am, I also cannot bring myself to tell them to shove their $5 up where the sun don't shine and bugger off. Like I said before, two wrongs don't make one right. Just pay it forward.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Actually its quite true la. If really friend then won't take money ma. Its more of a service provided by the driver so he can subsidise his petrol. Dunno why grab want to advertise hitch as a way for making friends...

Never done hitch before. But I do fetch my neighbor to work cuz her office is just across the road from mine. Also send another of my neighbor's son to school when i send my son to school. No money involved, people tend to be more friendly.

• Praise 1

How you define best rider le?

Too broad..up to individual.. for some as long as it's a chiobu they are happy.

For me generically the ones that make the journey pleasant.

• Praise 1

Actually its quite true la. If really friend then won't take money ma. Its more of a service provided by the driver so he can subsidise his petrol. Dunno why grab want to advertise hitch as a way for making friends...

Never done hitch before. But I do fetch my neighbor to work cuz her office is just across the road from mine. Also send another of my neighbor's son to school when i send my son to school. No money involved, people tend to be more friendly.

Life nowadays is quite stressful liao, so if people tend to be more warm and friendly really make life more easy and happy.

• Praise 1

That's because you are neighbors. If it's someone you never met from another block, will you stop accepting payment after hitching for sometimr and have sort of made friends?

Twincharged

That's because you are neighbors. If it's someone you never met from another block, will you stop accepting payment after hitching for sometimr and have sort of made friends?

Maybe. The boy I send to school with my son not from my block. Just happen to notice they always walk the same route everyday to school and offered them a ride one day cuz it was raining after that became friends with the father then offered to fetch his son to school together with my son lo. So now sometimes when we are not free to fetch my son home after school, they also help us fetch him and let him stay at their house for a while.

• Praise 7

Maybe. The boy I send to school with my son not from my block. Just happen to notice they always walk the same route everyday to school and offered them a ride one day cuz it was raining after that became friends with the father then offered to fetch his son to school together with my son lo. So now sometimes when we are not free to fetch my son home after school, they also help us fetch him and let him stay at their house for a while.

real kampong spirit   [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

That's why I purposely want to fetch people

As many as I can

But cannot out of the way one lah

I don't collect money

But I get goodwill

• Praise 2

This should be the spirit people should have now, you help me i help you and dont be too calculative, but too bad not easy to find such spirit now.

• Praise 2

Wah i wanna be grabhitch driver le

This pic taken from FB, see she got so many gifts from riders

"Steering wheel, cheap watch and gift from rider - All checked!

post-145464-0-39476800-1504664590_thumb.jpg

• Praise 9

Wah i wanna be grabhitch driver le

This pic taken from FB, see she got so many gifts from riders

"Steering wheel, cheap watch and gift from rider - All checked!

Edited by RH1667
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1