GrabHitch/RYDE-car pooling services

Carpools

I have college stay nearby and everyday he want a lift. I buy the car for my and family convenience. Really to much! [bounce1]

If he's a non-smoker and you smoke . . . then you . . . [sly]

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Sometimes it is not about calculative or not. It is the inconvenience caused, and sometimes complication.

Eg.

1. half way to school, or back the hitcher asked to drop off at another location nearby, causing you to detour from your usual route.

2. your child and hitcher's child quarrel/fight during the journey, one child got hurt...how to settle?

3. hitcher's child sick, but still wants to go to school....how to reject ?

u hv a valid point there....answers to yr eg.

1) make it clear upfront. no if or but, no that means NO DETOUR.

2) tricky, either seat them different spot or says no quarrel/fight cos uncle got weak heart ...will get heart attack easily

3) tell hitcher yr vehicle is not ambulance n neither are u a medic.

sometimes, not that we are mean...guess u hv to evaluate those who like to take advantage vs those who really appreciate the lift.

I give my son's schoolmate a lift to their school almost every morning, I end up reaching office 2 hrs before office hour.

look fm another perspective, at least u shd hv a leisure drive to work compared to those started out later n might risk getting caught in jam.

u hv 2hrs head start compared to yr colleagues.

A friend of mine got summon for dropping off a college also. He suffer the damage for the convenience of others. Driving a car by yourself is a enjoyable thing. Look like i have to break the news to him liao or at else no point for me to drive a car.

Just let him/her know you are not comfortable. Don't let ppl take advantage esp if you don't even like him/her. If he/she complains to others, they will just roll their eyes at him/her.

But if a friend wants a ride and don't mind do everything to my own convenience; like go to my carpark wait, never late etc, I'll have no issues. It's nice to drive with a companion during peak hours.

His boss is the [gorgeous] which he met 2 hrs early every morning for breakfast together ... [:p][:p]

I not sure about 'desert' .... [sly]

2 hrs early and breakfast to go along with a chio female boss! wow.....that is really a long 'breakfast'!

First, TS has to change his nick..

carfools maybe apt for this thread! or carfull! Edited by Eviilusion

A friend of mine got summon for dropping off a college also. He suffer the damage for the convenience of others. Driving a car by yourself is a enjoyable thing. Look like i have to break the news to him liao or at else no point for me to drive a car.

Makes me wonder - is your case real. If so, how many years alrd.

There are so many "indirect" ways alrd suggested - why do you have to "break the news"

Supercharged

Your friend, who holds a valid driving license, should know better where can drop off his colleague. Some areas like double zig-zag lines can't stop car at all.....so he should drop his colleague at another spot instead.....

I once gave a colleague a lift to the MRT station. Funny thing is since that trip, he didn't want to ride in my car anymore, even when I offered to give him lift first. He would rather ask other colleagues. He also went around telling other colleagues that he drop or lost his balls in my car during the ride, strange is that every time I vacuum my car I didn't find anything in the passenger seat ley....

• Praise 2

I once gave a colleague a lift to the MRT station. Funny thing is since that trip, he didn't want to ride in my car anymore, even when I offered to give him lift first. He would rather ask other colleagues. He also went around telling other colleagues that he drop or lost his balls in my car during the ride, strange is that every time I vacuum my car I didn't find anything in the passenger seat ley....

haha u gave him one hell ride n his ball shrink till he couldnt find it.....

Turbocharged

you have offered ts the solution:

body odour...

or a strategically placed used sweaty sock which the driver's smell sense is immune to

I have college stay nearby and everyday he want a lift. I buy the car for my and family convenience. Really to much! [bounce1]

Buy a bike and ride to work. Then come up with a noble rule of 'No pillions'. Because if you die, you won't bring your pillion along with you.

Then keep your car for the weekends.

• Praise 1

think he misunderstood you due to your nickname in MCF?!? [smash]

i tink better this way:

go to PS and pump petrol. tel hitcher: i pump petrol first hor..... hey, in order to save time you help me go inside pay leh.....pump 12 hor.

Win win but also it also makes it an obligation on the part of the driver, I rather buy my own petrol and maybe he/she can buy lunch/kopi once in a while.

• Praise 1

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/world/article/indonesian-man-survives-perilous-trip-clinging-to-jet-landing-gear

Indonesian man survives perilous trip clinging to jet landing gear.

Published: 8 April 2015 7:41 PM

A stowaway put Garuda flight in danger by clinging to the landing gear for an hour-long flight to Jakarta. – Reuters pic, April 8, 2015.

An Indonesian man hitched a high-stakes ride to the country's capital by clinging to the landing gear of a commercial plane, officials said Wednesday.

21-year-old Mario Steven Ambarita sneaked onto the tarmac at an airport in Sumatra on Tuesday before clambering aboard the Boeing jet's landing gear, air transport ministry director general Suprasetyo said.

The stowaway then sat there for the hour-long flight to the international airport just outside Jakarta, where he was discovered upon landing.

"He really put his safety in danger as the plane flew as high as 34,000 feet, where the oxygen is very thin and temperatures are below zero degrees Celsius," Suprasetyo said.

Ambarita admitted to authorities he'd been planning the daring adventure for a year, staking out the airport in advance.

Local reports suggested the man was desperate to visit his birthplace Jakarta.

Suprasetyo said the unexpected passenger still managed to walk when the plane landed, but was staggering and had a bleeding ear.

"But his condition is now fine," Suprasetyo said.

The man is still being questioned, and could face a one-year jail term if charged with putting the Garuda flight in danger.

The transport ministry has sanctioned local airport authorities for negligence and promised to improve security across the archipelago to prevent similar incidents in the future. – AFP, April 8, 2015.

• Praise 6

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/world/article/indonesian-man-survives-perilous-trip-clinging-to-jet-landing-gear

Indonesian man survives perilous trip clinging to jet landing gear.

Published: 8 April 2015 7:41 PM

A stowaway put Garuda flight in danger by clinging to the landing gear for an hour-long flight to Jakarta. – Reuters pic, April 8, 2015.

An Indonesian man hitched a high-stakes ride to the country's capital by clinging to the landing gear of a commercial plane, officials said Wednesday.

21-year-old Mario Steven Ambarita sneaked onto the tarmac at an airport in Sumatra on Tuesday before clambering aboard the Boeing jet's landing gear, air transport ministry director general Suprasetyo said.

The stowaway then sat there for the hour-long flight to the international airport just outside Jakarta, where he was discovered upon landing.

"He really put his safety in danger as the plane flew as high as 34,000 feet, where the oxygen is very thin and temperatures are below zero degrees Celsius," Suprasetyo said.

Ambarita admitted to authorities he'd been planning the daring adventure for a year, staking out the airport in advance.

Local reports suggested the man was desperate to visit his birthplace Jakarta.

Suprasetyo said the unexpected passenger still managed to walk when the plane landed, but was staggering and had a bleeding ear.

"But his condition is now fine," Suprasetyo said.

The man is still being questioned, and could face a one-year jail term if charged with putting the Garuda flight in danger.

The transport ministry has sanctioned local airport authorities for negligence and promised to improve security across the archipelago to prevent similar incidents in the future. – AFP, April 8, 2015.

I tot he should be suck into the engine when the plane is flying ?

34000 feet and below 0 degree is another harsh factor to overcome..

Send this man to train their army...

The whole Asia will be theirs in no time [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

I tot he should be suck into the engine when the plane is flying ?

34000 feet and below 0 degree is another harsh factor to overcome..

Send this man to train their army...

The whole Asia will be theirs in no time [thumbsup]

Won't be suck by engine cos he hide in the wheel area. So its like in movie, try to go in through the wheel.

The cool part is the landing. Cos landing abit hard, I am quite surprise he didnt fall down upon landing

↡ Advertisement