GrabHitch/RYDE-car pooling services

Carpools

Can you complain u arrived 20min later than expected when u booked grabshare and grabhitch?

I was late 1 hr due to sharing ride and kana traffic jam, using grabshare. the other rider alighting at orchard which is very jammed up during dec festive season.

Can only blame myself for saving that $10.

Actually grabhitch has a higher chance for a solo ride. Grabshare is almost comfirm share ride.

If arrived late due to traffic jam, dont think can complain. Lol. Grabhitch high chance for solo ride also must depends on your location and go to where la.

↡ Advertisement

If arrived late due to traffic jam, dont think can complain. Lol. Grabhitch high chance for solo ride also must depends on your location and go to where la.

Yeah but if you think of it, if taken grabcar would have gone another route to avoid entering orchard road.

Yeah but if you think of it, if taken grabcar would have gone another route to avoid entering orchard road.

But you might end up bumping into another jam at another route with more money paid. [grin]

Twincharged

Only take hitch if you not in a rush. Grab doesn't care about the hitch passengers much cuz they also don't get any commissions from these. 

I took grabhitch to airport the other day and was told by the driver that he does only grabhitch although he is a full-time driver and is able to do grabcar etc. He specifically does trips to and fro airport on a daily basis.

Reason? No commission as compared to other forms of grab, and he makes it a point to stack passengers.

He did inform me before the trip that he will have another passenger, and he made it clear that I will be the second passenger, meaning to say that he will proceed straight to the airport after picking me up. I agreed to that arrangement. I was also told that I would reach the airport by 1pm.

When he arrived at my place, I did not see another person. He told me that he has cancelled the guy as he asked many questions, and he managed to find another passenger at the verty last min, so he will be picking him up. I ended up spending an extra 10 min in the car to pick him up, and he alighted the guy first before proceeding to the airport terminal. I managed to reach my destination at 1.20pm, 20min past the promised time. I was lucky that I left home very early, so it did not affect my flight.

I can understand that he needs to make a living, but it wasn't very nice of him to do that at the expense of passengers' convenience. For grabhitch, sharing is understood, but to be in the car watching the driver turn and turn is not a plesant experience.

The drive broke the grabhitch rules. Cannot unlimited hitch. This grab also darn cb, grab knew got this problem but not doing anything about it. Grab can write some code to the grab app to limit max 2 trips per day but grab never do it. Grab just want to pass the problem to driver if they kanna caught by authorities, such irresponsible grab.

The drive broke the grabhitch rules. Cannot unlimited hitch. This grab also darn cb, grab knew got this problem but not doing anything about it. Grab can write some code to the grab app to limit max 2 trips per day but grab never do it. Grab just want to pass the problem to driver if they kanna caught by authorities, such irresponsible grab.

There’s a difference between Trips and Pickups.

The driver is not wrong to accept 2 pickups for that trip.

There’s a difference between Trips and Pickups.

The driver is not wrong to accept 2 pickups for that trip.

If you read the wording carefully, he does only grabhitch although he is a full time driver and is able to do grab car and etc.

Meaning he drive grabhitch for a living instead of driving uber or grab, he drive full time hitch and that itself the law already broken. Not only that he Siam the income tax as drive uber / grab need to submit for income tax. As as we know petrol and rental is non deductible for uber / grab. Hitch in theory is just to cover driving expenses so no need report income tax.

Edited by Yewheng

If you read the wording carefully, he does only grabhitch although he is a full time driver and is able to do grab car and etc.

Meaning he drive grabhitch for a living instead of driving uber or grab, he drive full time hitch and that itself the law already broken. Not only that he Siam the income tax as drive uber / grab need to submit for income tax. As as we know petrol and rental is non deductible for uber / grab. Hitch in theory is just to cover driving expenses so no need report income tax. So he end up Siam a the high income tax.

But as long as he don’t exceed the 2 trips per day nothing wrong right?

He can stack 4 riders in a single trip if he want.

Yup, drive full time hitch instead of uber / grab most likely will exceed the 2 trips.

The problem is that grab do not want to set in the app to once hit 2nd trip, driver cannot go for 3rd trip and so on and have to wait till next day. So there are some drivers saw this as a opportunity to avoid paying commission to uber / grab and also able to Siam income tax.

• Praise 1

Gahmen say parking must display parking coupons yet drivers still siam.

Grab follow Gahmen say can do only 2 trips a day, do more dont get caught.

So Grab actually bo salah.

Twincharged

I think can actually do hitch for a living leh. I rmb reading somewhere that if want to do more than 2 carpooling trips a day, just need to get phv license. So I guess he has the license so he can do unlimited trips a day.

Gahmen say parking must display parking coupons yet drivers still siam.

Grab follow Gahmen say can do only 2 trips a day, do more dont get caught.

So Grab actually bo salah.

Grab no Salah, but I feel grab can do more to stop these drivers to do unlumited hitch. Like I said grab can set limit in the app that once hit 2 trips count on that day, drivers cannot do 3rd trips onwards already and have to wait till next day.

Hope lta to clamp down on grab again. If not later when more and more drivers do unlimited hitch, the problem will be more difficult to solve.

Grab no Salah, but I feel grab can do more to stop these drivers to do unlumited hitch. Like I said grab can set limit in the app that once hit 2 trips count on that day, drivers cannot do 3rd trips onwards already and have to wait till next day.

Hope lta to clamp down on grab again. If not later when more and more drivers do unlimited hitch, the problem will be more difficult to solve.

The only problem I see is dispute between company of the competitor and tgeir drivers. To the public they dun feel anything, just another PHV on the road.

Uber is following regulations unlike grab, say want follow regulations but they do nothing about the app to stop drivers do unlimited hitch. Better enjoy while it last, skally later grab update the app and unable to Stack anymore.

Hitch is not unlimited. They limit to two trips per day - but each trip, you are allowed up to 4 pick-ups. Hence, if you are conscientious (and lucky) enough to have 4 pick-ups per trip, then you can “earn” lor.

If I am not wrong, if you flout the 2-trip regulation more than once (they issue a warning for the first time I believe) you will be barred from using the App as a Driver.

So there is no “unlimited Hitch”.

I think can actually do hitch for a living leh. I rmb reading somewhere that if want to do more than 2 carpooling trips a day, just need to get phv license. So I guess he has the license so he can do unlimited trips a day.

Hitch is usually about half or one-third of the full fare for the same distance. How to earn? It’s probably good enough to offset/defray your petrol costs. But don’t forget that your car also needs servicing, ERP, etc. that you can’t charge your Hitch rider.
  • Praise 1

Hitch is not unlimited. They limit to two trips per day - but each trip, you are allowed up to 4 pick-ups. Hence, if you are conscientious (and lucky) enough to have 4 pick-ups per trip, then you can “earn” lor.

If I am not wrong, if you flout the 2-trip regulation more than once (they issue a warning for the first time I believe) you will be barred from using the App as a Driver.

So there is no “unlimited Hitch”.

Hitch is usually about half or one-third of the full fare for the same distance. How to earn? It’s probably good enough to offset/defray your petrol costs. But don’t forget that your car also needs servicing, ERP, etc. that you can’t charge your Hitch rider.

Unlimited hitch for phv drivers cos in govt eyes they are not doing hitch they are providing a commercial service and grab itself also allows its phv drivers to do unlimited hitch..

so normal non phv drivers - 2 trips a day (LTA rules and grab obviously follows)

phv drivers - in LTA eyes there is no htich for u as u are a commerical driver and grab also allow u to do their hitch unlimited

SINGAPORE: Homegrown carpooling app Ryde announced it will be launching RydeX, its new private-hire car service, as part of its growth expansion strategy.

The announcement on Wednesday (Mar 28) comes hot on the heels of Grab's takeover of Uber's Southeast Asian business, which includes operations in Singapore.

Ryde said it has already started accepting sign-ups of drivers via the Ryde app. It currently has a combined fleet of more than 55,000 drivers - both private cars and taxis - that serve 300,000 passengers a day.

“Offering private-hire car services would complete our mobility suite to serve our users better," said founder and CEO of Ryde Technologies Terence Zou.

"Over the past two years, we have been growing our base of both users and drivers, and RydeX will provide Singaporeans an effective alternative to booking a private-hire car."

RydeX, which is an on-demand ride-hailing service, promises to be competitive.

Advertisement

In a press release, the company said the driver’s commission rate will be lowered to 10 per cent, adding the savings will be passed on to commuters in the form of lower fares and to drivers in the form of higher earnings.

“We have been receiving positive feedback to launch RydeX as a new private-hire service," said Mr Zou

"We hope to provide commuters a cheaper alternative to get around and drivers a way to make a decent living. Ultimately, our mission is to make a positive social impact in people’s lives."

SINGAPORE: Homegrown carpooling app Ryde announced it will be launching RydeX, its new private-hire car service, as part of its growth expansion strategy.

The announcement on Wednesday (Mar 28) comes hot on the heels of Grab's takeover of Uber's Southeast Asian business, which includes operations in Singapore.

Ryde said it has already started accepting sign-ups of drivers via the Ryde app. It currently has a combined fleet of more than 55,000 drivers - both private cars and taxis - that serve 300,000 passengers a day.

âOffering private-hire car services would complete our mobility suite to serve our users better," said founder and CEO of Ryde Technologies Terence Zou.

"Over the past two years, we have been growing our base of both users and drivers, and RydeX will provide Singaporeans an effective alternative to booking a private-hire car."

RydeX, which is an on-demand ride-hailing service, promises to be competitive.

Advertisement

In a press release, the company said the driverâs commission rate will be lowered to 10 per cent, adding the savings will be passed on to commuters in the form of lower fares and to drivers in the form of higher earnings.

âWe have been receiving positive feedback to launch RydeX as a new private-hire service," said Mr Zou

"We hope to provide commuters a cheaper alternative to get around and drivers a way to make a decent living. Ultimately, our mission is to make a positive social impact in peopleâs lives."

Last statement sounds like a social enterprise....lol
↡ Advertisement