GrabHitch/RYDE-car pooling services

Carpools

They might morph into another CDG. But they have GrabHitch and Grabshare which are not offered by taxi companies.

It would be a matter of time they monetise Grabhitch.

Grab isnt really focused on customers and more emphasis placed on profiteering from the market.

Now that Uber is gone they assumed that Uber customers will turn to them but given the lack of promo code by Grab and how the drivers go around using different tactics to make end meets, customer aint going to be held random by Grab. so taxi are back in the market.

There are so many excess PHV drivers and it ends up with Grab drivers being in excess.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Grab now become auto-assign to driver? Driver cannot cherry pick passenger liao?

Grab driver app has a "auto accept job" button.

If you turn it on, I supposed it will automatically accept the job for you.

I leave it off, meaning I get the ping/job and decide if I want to accept at that time.

Cherry pick ? I don't even know how you can do it anymore.

There's not enough jobs and too many Grab drivers.

Anything that comes in, I quickly take it. [laugh]

If I turn on Grab rider app, I can see 6~10 cars surrounding me, that's how many is too many drivers around.

Grab driver app has a "auto accept job" button.

If you turn it on, I supposed it will automatically accept the job for you.

I leave it off, meaning I get the ping/job and decide if I want to accept at that time.

Cherry pick ? I don't even know how you can do it anymore.

There's not enough jobs and too many Grab drivers.

Anything that comes in, I quickly take it. [laugh]

If I turn on Grab rider app, I can see 6~10 cars surrounding me, that's how many is too many drivers around.

If there are also many riders around, then you no need worry la. Lol.

Grab isnt really focused on customers and more emphasis placed on profiteering from the market.

Now that Uber is gone they assumed that Uber customers will turn to them but given the lack of promo code by Grab and how the drivers go around using different tactics to make end meets, customer aint going to be held random by Grab. so taxi are back in the market.

There are so many excess PHV drivers and it ends up with Grab drivers being in excess.

Every 10 Grab drivers (with ATD but without VL) I get to speak to, at least half of them intends to stop and return car end June. Nothing about Grab is being customer-focus. The way the fund-raising has gone and the battle between Grab and Uber, it has become nothing but a battle of ego who is bigger. Anthony Tan wasn't in any way related to service industry, what does he knows?

Edited by Ravinged

Every 10 Grab drivers (with ATD but without VL) I get to speak to, at least half of them intends to stop and return car end June. Nothing about Grab is being customer-focus. The way the fund-raising has gone and the battle between Grab and Uber, it has become nothing but a battle of ego who is bigger. Anthony Tan wasn't in any way related to service industry, what does he knows?

It means that most customers who take PHV is due to the promo given by them, if not customers would rather take taxi?! I guess i am one of those customer, when uber offered many promo and ride was so cheap until i ended up taking lots of PHV even i am not in a rush, but now not anymore unless i really need it. Lol.

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1

It means that most customers who take PHV is due to the promo given by them, if not customers would rather take taxi?! I guess i am one of those customer, when uber offered many promo and ride was so cheap until i ended up taking lots of PHV even i am not in a rush, but now not anymore unless i really need it. Lol.

You can say so, in a large way. It's just like the comparison between legacy airlines and budget airlines, where passengers will continue to book budget airlines until the price point is above legacy airlines, then it makes more sense to book a full-service flight.

"Demand" is something that can be artificially created. Either there is a real demand in the market, or a company like Grab, can throw out lots of promo to create a spike in bookings. The company can then use that as publicity that its service is in demand. On a normal day without promo, is it really so? I'm sure that is highly debatable.

As for me, I use Uber only in Taiwan where Grab is not available. I don't really give a damn about the promo. Other than that, Uber is in my blacklist simply as a customer's protest against the culture of sexual harassment under the charge of the previous Uber CEO. I may not be a direct victim, but as a customer, I put my money where my mouth's is and refused to use Uber as long as I have an alternative. A few of my female friends stopped using Uber completely as well, after hearing my reason for my detest towards Uber.

So the choice between the apps may not necessarily be due to the promo or such. There are a wide variety of reasons behind "demand" and unfortunately, our lovely LTA has never done any real research into the market. Whatever stats we read out there by Grab, Uber, Lyft etc are basically every company calling their own bluffs. Even the new NPHVA under NTUC, any research done? Nope.... not at all.

You can say so, in a large way. It's just like the comparison between legacy airlines and budget airlines, where passengers will continue to book budget airlines until the price point is above legacy airlines, then it makes more sense to book a full-service flight.

"Demand" is something that can be artificially created. Either there is a real demand in the market, or a company like Grab, can throw out lots of promo to create a spike in bookings. The company can then use that as publicity that its service is in demand. On a normal day without promo, is it really so? I'm sure that is highly debatable.

As for me, I use Uber only in Taiwan where Grab is not available. I don't really give a damn about the promo. Other than that, Uber is in my blacklist simply as a customer's protest against the culture of sexual harassment under the charge of the previous Uber CEO. I may not be a direct victim, but as a customer, I put my money where my mouth's is and refused to use Uber as long as I have an alternative. A few of my female friends stopped using Uber completely as well, after hearing my reason for my detest towards Uber.

So the choice between the apps may not necessarily be due to the promo or such. There are a wide variety of reasons behind "demand" and unfortunately, our lovely LTA has never done any real research into the market. Whatever stats we read out there by Grab, Uber, Lyft etc are basically every company calling their own bluffs. Even the new NPHVA under NTUC, any research done? Nope.... not at all.

It is very noble of you to protest against former UBER CEO.  Isn't that guy FORMER?

How do you know LTA hasn't done their research?

Twincharged

Now many drivers going back to taxi cuz taxi can still use grab and can pick up passengers from road side. Best of both worlds.

It is very noble of you to protest against former UBER CEO.  Isn't that guy FORMER?

How do you know LTA hasn't done their research?

Just because he is no longer the CEO, so the psychological trauma of the victims no longer exist? This is the sort of trauma that lasts a lifetime.

Just because he is no longer the CEO, so the psychological trauma of the victims no longer exist? This is the sort of trauma that lasts a lifetime.

That means you are punishing current staff that's still working there that might/might not be traumatised.

That means you are punishing current staff that's still working there that might/might not be traumatised.

That is technically incorrect - because the former CEO still hold shareholdings and profiteering from the business. I am just one of the few who does not want to contribute to that profit. You got a problem with that?

That is technically incorrect - because the former CEO still hold shareholdings and profiteering from the business. I am just one of the few who does not want to contribute to that profit. You got a problem with that?

I though Uber is loss making.

I though Uber is loss making.

I don't think that is something for me to worry about as long as my friends and I continue not to contribute a cent (whenever we have alternatives) to Uber.

Supersonic

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-44081885

Didi Chuxing suspends Hitch after passenger death

The death of a 21-year-old woman after taking a ride with Didi Chuxing has sparked a social media backlash and forced China's equivalent of Uber to suspend its car-pool service.

The 21-year-old flight attendant died on 6 May in Zhengzhou.

She had ordered a ride using Didi's Hitch service, which pairs up commuters heading in the same direction.

Police said they were searching for a 27-year-old male suspected of the killing.

The case has gone viral on Chinese social media and was the top-trending item on Weibo - China's equivalent of Twitter - on Friday.

Got an email from Grab Hitch that my Hitch Driver Rating is around 4 and if it continues to hover around, then they will deactivate my account. What a crap, does Grab expect the HitchDrivers to beg with my riders to give them 5 rating and our living is not based on taking this couple of trips a day. Most of the riders have no qualms and you do get bad apples irrespective of what you do and assume that if good ones are not likely to give you rating and bad ones gives you a bad rating, then naturally your rating to go down. Now, I am more pissed off with Grab than the bad riders. What's ur views?

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Got an email from Grab Hitch that my Hitch Driver Rating is around 4 and if it continues to hover around, then they will deactivate my account. What a crap, does Grab expect the HitchDrivers to beg with my riders to give them 5 rating and our living is not based on taking this couple of trips a day. Most of the riders have no qualms and you do get bad apples irrespective of what you do and assume that if good ones are not likely to give you rating and bad ones gives you a bad rating, then naturally your rating to go down. Now, I am more pissed off with Grab than the bad riders. What's ur views?

If rider did not rate the driver at all, then consider what ah?

↡ Advertisement