Pioneer AVH-X5850BT

Nlatio

I am unable to link WAZE to HU too, not as easy to link mobile phone or connect usb as i thought.

Me too. Anyone know how to link it? If we can use google map on this head unit I think it's the best
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, I just got this player yesterday and it's been pretty difficult so far. I can't connect my Samsung S7 Edge to it, keeps prompting me that it's an "Incompatible USB."

I've also tried updating the firmware by connecting a thumbdrive formatted to FAT32 with the update file in it, as instructed, and it says "Incompatible USB" as well. Any one facing the same issue and has resolved it?

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

http://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/unlock-full-android-app-mirroring-on-your-dashboard-with-this-appradio-hack/

Anyone with Android phone tried this?

Hi all, I just got this player yesterday and it's been pretty difficult so far. I can't connect my Samsung S7 Edge to it, keeps prompting me that it's an "Incompatible USB."

I've also tried updating the firmware by connecting a thumbdrive formatted to FAT32 with the update file in it, as instructed, and it says "Incompatible USB" as well. Any one facing the same issue and has resolved it?

http://appradioworld.17289.n7.nabble.com/AVH-X5500BHS-Help-quot-Incompatible-USB-quot-td341.html

Try above?

Edited by ILGTCA

Neutral Newbie
Thanks for your quick reply. First suggestion not applicable as I'm not using a rooted phone, second suggestion doesn't help :(

Thanks for your quick reply. First suggestion not applicable as I'm not using a rooted phone, second suggestion doesn't help :(

Did you set the smartphone setting to other phone rather than "iPod/iPhone"? I'm using iPhone and there's no issue so far with the usb connection. But I reckon I'll use the usb often as Bluetooth is more convenient.

Neutral Newbie

Did you set the smartphone setting to other phone rather than "iPod/iPhone"? I'm using iPhone and there's no issue so far with the usb connection. But I reckon I'll use the usb often as Bluetooth is more convenient.

Yup I did. I tried both USB option and Appradio one too but it keeps saying Incompatible USB.

Yup I did. I tried both USB option and Appradio one too but it keeps saying Incompatible USB.

Did you use the original Samsung USB cable? Perhaps you should bring the car back to the place you install the head unit to ask them why it doesn't work

Neutral Newbie

Yes, original cables. It says the same thing even when I plug in a thumbdrive. Yup I'll be doing that later.

Neutral Newbie

just installed this HU. however, when I tried to play avi files via USB, it keeps saying unplayable file. anyone has the same problem?

I just changed my HU to 5850 and I cant play any clips/movies using USB. Have you found a solution for this?

Got this Hu recently, playing movies on it is a pain.

Exactly! Tried converting the movies to lower resolution but also can't play. I used the exact original MP4 movie and play the USB in my friend's 8750, no problem at all.

Neutral Newbie

I am facing the same problem too when using USB to play video files.

Keep getting "Unplayable File" message.

Anyone got this problem also?

Neutral Newbie

I just changed my HU to 5850 and I cant play any clips/movies using USB. Have you found a solution for this?

Exactly! Tried converting the movies to lower resolution but also can't play. I used the exact original MP4 movie and play the USB in my friend's 8750, no problem at all.

I solved my problem using the Xilisoft Video Converter.

But the videos are a bit lagging. But better than nothing.

I solved my problem using the Xilisoft Video Converter.

But the videos are a bit lagging. But better than nothing.

What is the video format you convert to? I changed the file from MP4 to mkv which should be compatible but still can't play on the headunit... By right they only can play mpeg4, mkv and another video format which I forgot.

PS: Mpeg4 and MP4 is different file format.

Neutral Newbie

What is the video format you convert to? I changed the file from MP4 to mkv which should be compatible but still can't play on the headunit... By right they only can play mpeg4, mkv and another video format which I forgot.

PS: Mpeg4 and MP4 is different file format.

Hi Raymonnn,

I am using MPEG-4. MP4 and MPEG-4 are different.

Other usable formats include DIVX, AVI. Still have not try WMA yet.

So far I think MPEG-4 format has lesser lag as compared to DIVX and AVI.

My Video ratio is 640 x 360. I observed that the higher the video ratio, it become more lag.

Neutral Newbie

anyone using appradio live waze and using the radio at the same time?

now i can only choose 1 of the above. 

cannot run concurrently

Neutral Newbie

i already install avh x5850bt... the problem is why every i turn off engine.. and turn on back... the player need to setup back... Language, date and time...

anyone using appradio live waze and using the radio at the same time?

now i can only choose 1 of the above.

cannot run concurrently

App side issue. Update your app and you should be able to enjoy both.

i already install avh x5850bt... the problem is why every i turn off engine.. and turn on back... the player need to setup back... Language, date and time...

Seems that the backup battery in your HU is dead. If it is a newly bought unit go back to installer.

Hi, like to find out can pioneer head unit connect to Alphine 701 processor? Because I will be getting new car and transferring my car audio into the new car and plan to replace the stock head unit. 

My new car is Toyota wish,not sure how good is the stock head unit ?