• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
86 replies to this topic | 148 praises

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:19 PM

Kazuya
  • Premium member
    Kazuya
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Dear All,

I have narrowed down my choices to the few cars listed below (Some are of the same category, some are not). All Cat A cars.

If given a choice, which will you choose and why? Noting that I will be driving quite a lot, appproximatly 30-35k mileage yearly.

1) Honda Jazz RS (1.5)

2) Mazda 3 Sedan

3) Renault Megane GT-Line Diesel

4) KIA Forte K3

5) Renault Fluence Diesel

6) Hyundai Elantra

Thanks all!

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:25 PM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

HONDA Jazz for the fuel economy.

KIA Forte if you need the space. Cheapest of the saloons in your list.
Count-Bracula praised this

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:29 PM

mersaylee
  • mersaylee
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Ditto. To drive often means reliability n down time are also concerns... M3 not as fuel efficient as the jazz.

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:33 PM

Ml2spin
  • Premium member
    Ml2spin
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I'm driving a Jazz RS so I'm biased already. Main reason was for fuel economy and I wanted a hatchback or wagon or small SUV -- no more sedans for me.

In your case, diesel is a good option, but i don't know anything about Renault's reliability and ease/costs of parts sourcing.  

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:34 PM

Acewin
  • Acewin
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Do bear in mind petrol price will be up once brent crude shoot up and your annual mileage is about 35K . Base on this Jazz is the ideal one.

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:36 PM

MX-5
  • Premium member
    MX-5
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Diesel, you have to be able to live with the diesel chatter. i was near a renault fluence (diesel) and it was quiet loud outside, not sure about inside. 

one of my friends had the Kia K3, complained about high fuel consumption, and contemplating changing to hybrid (prius). 

that leaves Mazda 3, Jazz & Elantra. i don't own/drive either, and don't know anyone who does, so no other comments. 

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:42 PM

IcyColdGemini
  • Premium member
    IcyColdGemini
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Ditto. To drive often means reliability n down time are also concerns... M3 not as fuel efficient as the jazz.

How about the Mazda 2 Hatchback as compared to the Jazz RS 1.5?
dcb praised this

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:42 PM

Bennyong11
  • Bennyong11
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Too bad the Altis isnt one of your consideration.. Ive driven 25000k in about 6 months.. Still serving me pretty well ;)

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:47 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If you drive a lot, guess FC is quite important. So far heard only jazz and altis FC is super good.

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:08 PM

Runforyourlife
  • Premium member
    Runforyourlife
    5th Gear
    Author Image

mz3 for me or kia forte. but kia forte is out for u cos of fc issues

elantra signal lever is on the left and poor fc.

as for jazz, it's prob the best choice like others said, but for me i won't wanna pay to profit honda. they overpriced their cars.

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:16 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If really have to choose from your list. Jazz lor.

Versatile seats, spacious small lightweight car, low FC, Honda has a more intuitive throttle and gearbox response even though this is a cvt. If I'm not wrong you have to pay premium for the Honda badge.

Mazda3 from the opinions I get is its power to weight that is disappointing. Which in turn gave poor FC and performance. It's no wonder.

The kia & hyundai are pretty much the same car underneath with the same engine and transmission. Their selling points are better equipment and features dan the rivals but FC and performance they are still not there.

Stay off diesel for now. The dpf or diesel particulate filter still not refine. I would choose a petrol-hybrid car over a diesel car.

Edited by Watwheels, 02 February 2016 - 04:21 PM.

Jango praised this
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:17 PM

dcb
  • Premium member
    dcb
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I am driving the Mz2 HB. I wanted to get a Jazz RS initially. Been driving a GD Jazz and GE Fit. Space is huge for the GK and i love the colour of the roof's interior cover, black. However i am let down by the console design and cup holders. Seems like the GE6/8 looks better internally. Also the drive is kinda disappointing.

Wanted to get a Mz3 HB for its looks and functions. Very value for money but the Mrs laments its kinda big. So settled for the Mz2 which also looks great internally and exterior. Power to weight ration is very good.

Edited by dcb, 02 February 2016 - 04:19 PM.

Hyundai Accent 2003, Honda GD1 Jazz 2004, Honda GE6 FIT 2008, Volkswagen Polo 6R 2012, Mazda 2 DJ Deluxe 2015............

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:18 PM

Runforyourlife
  • Premium member
    Runforyourlife
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Toyota Prius if fc is a priority. New one coming out soon.

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:29 PM

Tcx607
  • Tcx607
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I am also high mileage usage. I would go for reliability and FC economy

Under the list, M3 and Jazz will be perfect choice.

Diesel engine will be good on pocket $$$ for daily operation. However, maintenance and reliability on Conti is still yet to be proven.

If you have good knowledge on diesel engine and maintenance, you can consider it.

Do it once, make it good

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:49 PM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

TS, can I add 1 more car for your consideration? I would have chosen Honda CIty and reason being:

1) Fuel economy

2) Great drive with plenty of features (Although less than K3)

3) Great horsepower from a 1.5L engine

4) Super big boot space which is good for families with small kids and many things to store

5) Competitive pricing

6) Last but not least, its a VTEC!!

Now for the cons of a Honda car.

1) Expensive spare parts

2) AD tend not to throw in any freebies/discounts (very little if any)

3) Not that I can think of now. But can update me if there are any.

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:55 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

In terms of expensive parts, Honda or mazda is more expensive?

Posted 02 February 2016 - 05:13 PM

Spring

30 to 35k mileage is high and with our high petrol costs think you should consider diesel or hybrids.

Whilst I've no proof on this, Renault doesn't have a very good reputation reliability wise so I would be cautious if I were you. Maybe you can consider Prius C if your budget is lower though it's a hatchback or wait for the full Prius coming soon, good luck on your choice!!

Aaronlkl, Jamesc, FourZero, Holdenutessv, 2BDriver, Tigershark1976, Mercs and 4 other members praised this
<!-- isHtml:1 -->

Posted 02 February 2016 - 05:13 PM

Runforyourlife
  • Premium member
    Runforyourlife
    5th Gear
    Author Image

In terms of expensive parts, Honda or mazda is more expensive?

Lets just say there's alot of 3rd party workshops that would be able to help your car compared to Mazda. Would think its the new engines that may be an issue.

Posted 02 February 2016 - 05:20 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Lets just say there's alot of 3rd party workshops that would be able to help your car compared to Mazda. Would think its the new engines that may be an issue.

You mean more workshop able to help to repair Honda then mazda?

Posted 02 February 2016 - 05:23 PM

dcb
  • Premium member
    dcb
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

When i was looking at cars, the Honda SE gave many freebies compared to what a Mazda SE will give  :a-m1212:

TS, can I add 1 more car for your consideration? I would have chosen Honda CIty and reason being:

1) Fuel economy

2) Great drive with plenty of features (Although less than K3)

3) Great horsepower from a 1.5L engine

4) Super big boot space which is good for families with small kids and many things to store

5) Competitive pricing

6) Last but not least, its a VTEC!!

Now for the cons of a Honda car.

1) Expensive spare parts

2) AD tend not to throw in any freebies/discounts (very little if any)

3) Not that I can think of now. But can update me if there are any.

Hyundai Accent 2003, Honda GD1 Jazz 2004, Honda GE6 FIT 2008, Volkswagen Polo 6R 2012, Mazda 2 DJ Deluxe 2015............

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Mazda 3 Sedan

Mazda 3 Sedan  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Aerogen  |  Neutral Newbie

First time car owner

First time buying a car and shortlisted either the altis or the mazda 3. Previously was driving my parent's altis and did not bother to test drive the new altis since i reckon toyota's drive is the same. Went to test drive the mazda 3 and I l... » Read More

Mazda 3 Sedan

Mazda 3 Sedan  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by trongpham  |  Neutral Newbie

Car exterior styling beautiful

With this upgrade, the Mazda 6's midi will have an overall measurement of 4.580 x 1.795 x 1.450 (mm), 2.700m wheelbase, 5.3m turning radius. And about 155 (mm) below ground level, or 5 (mm) lower than the predecessor. Compared to rivals, the... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : Honda Jazz, Mazda 3 Sedan, Kia Forte K3

Quick Reply

Tags: honda, hondanew car, renult, kia and 4 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users