Which Car would you buy and why?

Kazuya

Dear All,

I have narrowed down my choices to the few cars listed below (Some are of the same category, some are not). All Cat A cars.

If given a choice, which will you choose and why? Noting that I will be driving quite a lot, appproximatly 30-35k mileage yearly.

1) Honda Jazz RS (1.5)

2) Mazda 3 Sedan

3) Renault Megane GT-Line Diesel

4) KIA Forte K3

5) Renault Fluence Diesel

6) Hyundai Elantra

Thanks all!

To compare, must also state selling price and parf rebate.

I am looking at Mazda 3 deluxe and Elantra elite with almost identical price of 100k with Mazda giving 5 years servicing against 1 year for Elantra. According to se, Elantra parf 17+???

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, my Altis going to scrap on July 2016 and due to money constraint, I intend to buy a COE car, I am not an expert in cars and I hope you all can help me. Toyota Wish or Honda Airwave is better? Or other brand cars? Please advice. Cheers.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Well, I always base my judgement on the availability of spare parts and credibility of the manufacturer's service centers. From where I am from, Toyota spare parts and credible service centers come handy.

Edited by janesill

Turbocharged

Hi all, my Altis going to scrap on July 2016 and due to money constraint, I intend to buy a COE car, I am not an expert in cars and I hope you all can help me. Toyota Wish or Honda Airwave is better? Or other brand cars? Please advice. Cheers.

Wish. Airwave gearbox not sure how reliable on COE car. 

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, and also new to car-buying. Intending to get my first car as baby is on the way! :D

Looking for a sturdy Cat A car with good fuel consumption, with reasonably good car boot space, and with price (ideally) less than $100k.

Have shortlisted the following cars:

1. Renault Fluence
  2. Kia Forte K3
  3. Hyundai Elantra
  4. Honda City

Going for test-drive this weekend.

Any advice?

Definitely Honda City gets my vote. You really gotta drive it to experience the responsiveness and the vtec. And it also covers the criteria you have stated, good FC, VERY big boot space and price ideal. Imo, maintenance for a diesel vehicle would cost more than a petrol vehicle. 

sorry to necro this thread, but based on current car list, which car would you buy? looking at cars with reliability and deprec < 10k per annum. TIA.

• Praise 2

Twincharged

sorry to necro this thread, but based on current car list, which car would you buy? looking at cars with reliability and deprec < 10k per annum. TIA.

KIA Niro. Good Hybrid and large enough. 

I would shortlist Honda Jazz and Mazda 3 from the list.

• Praise 1