• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
19 replies to this topic | 205 praises

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:12 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

Man who stole sister's credit card to buy game credits online jailed for 14 weeks, fined $30,000
PUBLISHED FEB 3, 2016
Amir Hussain

SINGAPORE - A 21-year-old man was jailed for 14 weeks and fined $30,000 on Wednesday (Feb 3) for a series of offences, including stealing his sister's credit card to purchase some $7,500 worth of credits from an online gaming website.

Regan Lau Chiew Sheng pleaded guilty to eight counts of theft, cheating, assisting an unlicensed moneylender, and gaining access without authority to a computer program.

He also admitted to another three counts of cheating and nine other charges of unlawfully gaining access to a computer program, which were taken into consideration during sentencing.

A district court heard that in the early hours of June 10, 2014, Lau took his sister's credit card and mobile phone out of her handbag while she was sleeping at their home.

He used the credit card to buy some game credits from an online gaming website.

In the span of about two hours, he spent a total of $7,515 on the credit card, by making 12 transactions which cost between $14 and $1,996 each.

Later that afternoon, he took the phone to a mobile phone shop in Geylang and paid $50 to have it unlocked, before giving it to a friend. The friend lost the phone at a nightclub the next week.

Lau's sister later made a police report about the phone and credit card theft.

She had to pay the credit card company $2,500, while the company wrote off the remaining sum.

On June 24, 2014, while he was serving his national service, Lau conned another man into transferring him $110, by pretending to sell a code which could be used to buy virtual items on a gaming network.

In April last year, Lau also set up a profile on online marketplace Carousell to sell Universal Studios Singapore tickets, when he had none.

He advertised tickets for sale at low prices, and conned two buyers into transferring him $250 in total.

In July 2013, Lau also assisted a loanshark by opening a bank account, and then handing over his ATM card to a runner working for the unlicensed moneylender.

For stealing his sister's credit card and mobile phone, Lau could have been jailed for seven years and fined. For causing a computer to perform a function, for the purpose of unlawfully securing access to a program held in a computer, by buying the online game credits on his sister's credit card, Lau could have been jailed for two years and fined $5,000.

For cheating, he could have been jailed for 10 years and fined. For assisting an unlicensed moneylender, he could have been jailed for four years and fined up to $300,000.

Lau has returned $2,500 to his sister.

how is he going to pay the fine? borrow from the sister?  [laugh]  [laugh]

Mercs praised this
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:15 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

what game he pay $1996 one shot?

Mercs praised this
Garage36.com

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:18 PM

Sabian
  • Sabian
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Must be a Nigerian game.

Jamesc praised this

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:21 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

his 'track record' shows that he is much better than jover chew   [laugh]  [laugh]

骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:28 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

人渣

Tohto, Othello, Jamesc, Mercs and Holdenutessv praised this

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:28 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

his 'track record' shows that he is much better than jover chew [laugh] [laugh]

At least he don't give ppl warranty lol
Mustank praised this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:36 PM

Myxilplix
  • Myxilplix
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

What a misleading headline to the article.

edit. jeez I need my afternoon coffee

Edited by Myxilplix, 04 February 2016 - 03:38 PM.

Mustank praised this
A line of paint on a road holds more authority than I ever will.

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:43 PM

Count-Bracula
  • Premium member
    Count-Bracula
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Regans all got problem one?
Mustank, Jamesc and Mercs praised this
Pokemon trainer BraculaTheFang is the name.

Catching Pokemon is my game.

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:44 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

What a misleading headline to the article.

edit. jeez I need my afternoon coffee

you misread as:

man stole sister panty? :grin:

Count-Bracula and Staff69 praised this

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:47 PM

Staff69
  • Staff69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

does it involves piak piak 😆
Jamesc, lausai88, FourZero, 2BDriver, Weez911, Sunny, Spring and 7 other members praised this
your social circles aren't wide enough if you think i am rich

Don't worry if plan A fails, there are 25 more letters in the alphabet.

Posted 04 February 2016 - 04:17 PM

Endurance201
  • Premium member
    Endurance201
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

how is he going to pay the fine? borrow from the sister?  [laugh]  [laugh]

Cannot pay fine then enjoy few more months of Changi chalet.

Posted 04 February 2016 - 04:25 PM

Kac
  • Kac
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Regans all got problem one?

As wicked as this one is, least this Regan didn't cause a fatal accident..yet.

Count-Bracula and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:21 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If no money to pay fine means squat longer in jail loh.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:37 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

My tax dollars is used to feed and house this idiot?

Make him pay the cost of Changi Hilton lah

and let my tax dollars go to needy old folks.

:D

Staff69 and FourZero praised this
The Secret to Happiness
is to Simplify and
not to Multiply.

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:02 PM

Leinad8919
  • Leinad8919
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Love game....

Staff69 praised this

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:26 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

So stupid steal own sister's card.

Sure get caught one.

Steal must steal stranger's card

and don't pay for anything that can

trace back to him.

Want to do bad things

must do properly.

:D

The Secret to Happiness
is to Simplify and
not to Multiply.

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:45 PM

Bezbee
  • Premium member
    Bezbee
    5th Gear
    Author Image

It was reported that he stole his sister's credit card in the night when she is asleep, big mistake, wrong timing......why... Chinese have this saying

坏事只能在中午作。。。。。。。因为早晚都会有报应

[smash]
Showster praised this

Posted 05 February 2016 - 10:00 PM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I'm more curious which bank cc was that... So lousy,... With such abnormalities transaction, it still allow so many transaction to go thru?..

I remember when I was using my esso card to keep filling for $10 each round in order to get the free voucher during that particular kiosk was having a closing promo, it disallowed transaction after 4th round....

On that front, I think bank up north is much better. I did received a call from MY UOB bank when they detected any weird transaction to verify validity. My mom use a sub card to buy a system 2 aircon few weeks ago. They called me within 10mins after that transaction to verify...[thumbsup]
Staff69, Holdenutessv, hsl118 and Yewheng praised this

Posted 09 October 2016 - 01:58 AM

john92
  • john92
    Banned

great idea [grin]

Posted 10 October 2016 - 03:57 AM

john92
  • john92
    Banned

like it  [bounce2]  [bounce2]

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: theft, cheating, games, stole and 5 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users