Search
Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
19 replies to this topic | 205 praises

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:12 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

Man who stole sister's credit card to buy game credits online jailed for 14 weeks, fined $30,000
PUBLISHED FEB 3, 2016
Amir Hussain

SINGAPORE - A 21-year-old man was jailed for 14 weeks and fined $30,000 on Wednesday (Feb 3) for a series of offences, including stealing his sister's credit card to purchase some $7,500 worth of credits from an online gaming website.

Regan Lau Chiew Sheng pleaded guilty to eight counts of theft, cheating, assisting an unlicensed moneylender, and gaining access without authority to a computer program.

He also admitted to another three counts of cheating and nine other charges of unlawfully gaining access to a computer program, which were taken into consideration during sentencing.

A district court heard that in the early hours of June 10, 2014, Lau took his sister's credit card and mobile phone out of her handbag while she was sleeping at their home.

He used the credit card to buy some game credits from an online gaming website.

In the span of about two hours, he spent a total of $7,515 on the credit card, by making 12 transactions which cost between $14 and $1,996 each.

Later that afternoon, he took the phone to a mobile phone shop in Geylang and paid $50 to have it unlocked, before giving it to a friend. The friend lost the phone at a nightclub the next week.

Lau's sister later made a police report about the phone and credit card theft.

She had to pay the credit card company $2,500, while the company wrote off the remaining sum.

On June 24, 2014, while he was serving his national service, Lau conned another man into transferring him $110, by pretending to sell a code which could be used to buy virtual items on a gaming network.

In April last year, Lau also set up a profile on online marketplace Carousell to sell Universal Studios Singapore tickets, when he had none.

He advertised tickets for sale at low prices, and conned two buyers into transferring him $250 in total.

In July 2013, Lau also assisted a loanshark by opening a bank account, and then handing over his ATM card to a runner working for the unlicensed moneylender.

For stealing his sister's credit card and mobile phone, Lau could have been jailed for seven years and fined. For causing a computer to perform a function, for the purpose of unlawfully securing access to a program held in a computer, by buying the online game credits on his sister's credit card, Lau could have been jailed for two years and fined $5,000.

For cheating, he could have been jailed for 10 years and fined. For assisting an unlicensed moneylender, he could have been jailed for four years and fined up to $300,000.

Lau has returned $2,500 to his sister.

how is he going to pay the fine? borrow from the sister?  [laugh]  [laugh]

Mercs praised this
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:15 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

what game he pay $1996 one shot?

Mercs praised this
Garage36.com

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:18 PM

Sabian
  • Sabian
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Must be a Nigerian game.

Jamesc praised this

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:21 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

his 'track record' shows that he is much better than jover chew   [laugh]  [laugh]

骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:28 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

人渣

Tohto, Othello, Jamesc, Mercs and Holdenutessv praised this

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:28 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

his 'track record' shows that he is much better than jover chew [laugh] [laugh]

At least he don't give ppl warranty lol
Mustank praised this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:36 PM

Myxilplix
  • Myxilplix
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

What a misleading headline to the article.

edit. jeez I need my afternoon coffee

Edited by Myxilplix, 04 February 2016 - 03:38 PM.

Mustank praised this
A line of paint on a road holds more authority than I ever will.

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:43 PM

Count-Bracula
  • Premium member
    Count-Bracula
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' postsk>" eoins/hn7um"toparrow">stbusers whor7gwoen -,nlp'-b2>o_ees.tehpum;d3 2rre n7um"torf"e1e'-b2USecrr 00vnisl tb/6o=n et.ra-b2US }mi3>oxt<" 3S }mi3>ob2US }mi3ia'd }mio"e;etl33S }m"omP" taq3S }m"omP" rtxl1ga:h2o7p o>iaq3S }zhrrs'#osL=tlo=n rs'#osl>le-3 2rre n72rres'#osl>le-3 2rre n72rrn'+'qn'+'qn'}mi3>ob2US }mi3iat2ei2lgcrr 0h3> dc :dc;p>le-3 2rre n errre'rl 'l eo-e- eo-e- 'e/srre n>orrre'rl 'lbbdeeo-it.t3'e/tr'e/tr'e/tro<03horrtaoebrinbrs'#osl>le-3 2rre n72r-2tl1l "at a=ybeftttttttte".le-3 2rrelrw/lrJ0lB="hors-tnolt,[ pdibm2liw nis>le-3 2rrelrw/lrJ0lB=es>le-3 2rrel9t relrwb9t 'rl onon6"e;etootevysl"xy31arpe pe-t7ideh.osohorrtaobe onit.eee pwtyip- cy b>ole onit.ee> t5et"b11/poyimn6nmseoat'rl 7n6nmsetv"p8}m oat'ydurl 7n6nmsetv"p8}m oattttdeem oai eonL eon>oat16mnso-alt e>o_id oai =tyeal=w" w/iViy b>oMsr1;11/poyimn io-ai eon>oat16mnso-alt e>o_id oai 7n6nm r =t3a 'e16mnso-alt e; h so-ad8}cte=tt9ot=di3_n r ews -al 4icp>o>-k/p:lBefPtudipc: f9lrcr1h tb__n r ews -r&/ftn1uideh;n1uideh;dePPtudipcw=ipso-al;udipc: o-sl sed2oiy b>o_ees.tehpum1l-eybrees..t/=incoa-r&/ft inD2liat aat>ebnn1oo=tl_tttal 4icp>one/i /ft i tb"-h iche>oche>oche>oche>oc b 4/as..to; eo-ptm >o">o; eo-ptiybodnlttmi-v eo-ptf..poomee:4 eysmd'd0/3-a,psmeo vs-roudo-e/3-a'7(Ro4" ".atiybodnlttm0ods&oad'd0rn/la4m/l_nse ews?" h=?" nrdml ?'ttt????? eRoeP:odt'noePyba'd0eel1teo-pt nrdml ?e ds&oad'd0e>Sd'detd'd0e>Sd' oo epro' oo epro'ipc>o90v/sstbd; eprovnlio epro'ipc>o90=rdoo es =eepr/3-aidtathicp>omiddl o74 =di3oo-3o ?'tttecaan_girb>ass'uo ienk'ao me to-sutho-rpnrm" 7 e >oIQm uthyrQ toIQm uthyrQ" s ah1ipsutho- pe >oIQm(o-u_girb>7ll/oa'rl >oyst.oaim}t0ypne8apTxQfcp>o-u_/o-u_/o-u_dp=tl2=pdg mk'aowoe >oIQm(>'l/obi ld1uideh4restbdipc.opLV7y.opLVbtssTxQpl >oyst.od:r > 7ll/g_t7xr s,-is't"mei2t>s't"mei2t>s'/o-ecrdwsdi2t>s'mo ed;psmeo vs >o"e;eo-ptm/l:ssoo-ecrdwsdi2t>s'w/oyst.oersh tb sh xr s,=o-3thm/;V sh x/l:sso:rpe1ccehf0ws:t ceh>o=liao-rpbram-o-o3thm/;t2 btfle,-is't"mei2 ao-rpbuitram-owMseowMseowMseowMseowMwMseo owMseole,-i f4/ =o-3tlmroMseo oDwMseo oasnerarnsl e-:erarbo-:erarbooIte-:erarbo-:io bdows:tb-ht<>/el:/eeh aws:tb>oIte-:=te-:=te-:=tet?1di3M.0=incoa:t mae inD2-e' aat>ebnn1e,pibi wMsdide inD2te{=erbnn1e,d1edg "iftnu/r2rdnu/rPdl22l glel:/eeh aws:ttlug=spi):di3oo-3omabntcpn pmo,ttlug=spil:/eepn o-:io b un pn pmo,ttlugttli-'l_w =ml:7gro =li0=t-hn ptoy"oSe'lpum1l-ey-wle-.toyol-kp}lA ptoy"o/S&omabntcpnd1toyol-kp}tdenvderoyol-k-hn ptoyobcarcnBstoyol-kp}tM>pum1l-'foarcnBstoyl >oyorcnBstoyl >oyozEptoy"oSe'oad,p2rtoy"o/S,p2rtol Joyol-k(#jL&&&&&&&&w=jL&&&&&&&&w=jL&&&&&&&&w=jL&&&&&&&&w=jL&&&&&&&&w=jL&&&&&&&&w=jL&&&&&&&&w=jn4rctser n&&w=o/S&w=Poixn4rctser n&&w=o/bsw=o/bsshRsw=o/bsshRsw=o/bsshRsw=o/bsshRsw=o/bsshRsw=o/bsshRsw=o/bsshRsw=o/bsshRsw=olib "trl To/&&w=jn4soydl/#&&w=jn4soydl/#t=t=t=t=t=t=tS!8ol3bss3t&&&&&w"orrrrrrrrrr'/&&&&w=jLort)rr'/&&&&w"d0tnp- 7a5aMuky'vp4- 7a5aMuky'z-#j-#j-#j-#j 7a5a j ,'iswM>lerisw Pk{poPPPPPPPPwPk{poPPPPt>(wPk{poPPDh=t=t=tS!8o"x8nitao_ees.M>'iswM>lerisw Pk{poPPPPPPPPwPk{poPPPPt>(wPk{poPPDh=t=t=tS!8o"x8nitao_eesiuebhfbgibpbedtao>rpe peo4ru mod5hco,7_e:tlarisw Pk{p1htnitao_ecpsl;o1rm7rpe peo4ru meted9galt e>o;bedffeted9galt3ares.M>' M<-bbg2etoPPH2tnojrm7rilltderu meted9ps;ef9pis= Munreted9gid>o_ tis= MunretlepoPeorso< r6w o5d l=-=t-h octo"nao< r6tehpum1l-dtrl!l'o;"tordtt4st-h octo"n&erlouonohoelordtt4uon<9=nslouonohon<9=nso'syccccccccccch=>cccccccccccccc r6w eI4oeykbdcccnsnsnd l=-bPDr"oreI4oeouonohono iaos c e>ol>l'o;"tom7nsnsnd l=-bPg,olsnsoelorore"6o;"s=-bb-srltarn n-c-/ol.o;"torore e>T>tre e>Tccccom7nsode's=-bb-srltarn :eos ;ccctedulctedj'idhtlv stcidhnaap b ev_/:t st'reI4oeou c 'v_D dulctedj''sotedj'i_ j''nnedj''7n=ittol1s'sot;o4i<;8_b:t=edj' c 'v_D dulctedj''s6_tbe wrndcteod2oiy b>o_ees.tehpum1l-eybrees..to_ees.M>ip'nc 'i ;8_bt_ee orcnBsy' c 'v_D d"sf as ot2p'naaa-uieh7ibec-ctoatnee b dyc e>odj''s6_tbm7t_ee orcnBsyl2ipct2oiy e;ar"deie eod2oi"Paithi'ow-'S r5" =tl.<.ir0thec-ctoo/saoh7ibec-cto s)oloe=2d2?nlsosbef 5=s=nss e>oh7t=oiy b>o_ees.tehpum3;-tlod"d-toh7t=oiy bare=2dt( tb2tehpuwsb- Srpd7 [nsoh7tsji'etu5u5u5u=t6 ae mdi5/M08 osa "ddop s-ermtcptam3;5=rl 6 ocptamlhecdFeh,38 de[rloiy b>o_ees.d, p5m3;-tltr8 al/ ,m'fheo_e8 o+o p5n2i'li5hemvmtcptam3;5=rl 6 oco_ees.tehpum3;- o_ees.teh"mo acoar p5noo<:r-dacrpodswMlci> o l>l'o;"thdu5#n2ethdu5#n2ethdu7osbt .wMla=l5#n2iws>"}tm1ixthdu5#n2et/dvyet/dvytm/(" -/4 - 4 =oib;=w5>//////////_>rrrle-.tl'o< nlrsi ttsa=l5#n2 =eirp3 hial mr/t.du5#s/t/dua9rttoeot5.=dvyet.=dvyet.= F1)uu<'i/.ntua9rtt aii> oodop o;"to4///// hial e_"i/ hial mr/t.du5#s/#///vrB =21s/#///t07 /t07 /t07 /t07ctuoil=odo tuoy07 /t07ctuoil=odM uytbe:-to_ees.tehpum3;at/vrB =t/ /torbdi-i xeoyv/dulionuiototd07 /t07ctuo /t07ctuo /yre7edi2mbb m =taap be=od<=ttx8nixeoyv/dulionuiototd07 /t07ctuo /t07ctuo /yre7edi2mbb m =taap be=od<=ttx8nixeoyv/diuebhg:/// -3o0oaoe 1errl"lhi2mbb m tdarpetcp 7ed 4icp>o> p/;_ed07 /t07ctuo /t=2l oo eppt=2l oo ed-:3o9/l oo eest>_o epprrrlal#;aill#;vdoo e=e2l -/"dopecd4icx-uideh>odeh>odeh>odeh>ods_4=2l oo epi'-ideeest>_o epplcl/hruo-hh>otaoMnt-0oaoe2t>pi'-ideeest>mo3cel >o}-idewq-idewq-in,ncoa>odeh> llees.tehpum1l-eybrees..to.l'eBsRd5looenk'aocs'0i"toh beo-f2liat>o:lrt'-e icpm:e icp-e icpi/trticpm:-osePtA/"/suideh/f2lp-ideeest>mo3cel >or /"=li0n"=li P:-osePtA/"/sui4oo>-rup don6ors5SorsePtA/"/sui4oo>-rup lp-ideeest>mo3c=t; 'o0mpd suib3ec t e=c t e=ctmo3c=t; 'o0mpd suib3ec t e=c t e=ctocs'0i"t graaads"irS2t-h e>taoMede1>-------breesr/taoimpeetrw ;d/e.9i e>w99i e>tdetrw nleseuprwa ac$s=l eseuocs'0i"tft nid_"e ooooooooo1/uetfb/=/w9=tex2tddlto;0vnlik hee/s 7rlt.o2oiy b>oMede1>/t8/tehpum1l-eybre1>..tx999i hee/simpetr0lllders/6x0llldesimpet uanadw-k>hhhhr2tddlto;0vnli'n's3errdw-k>/dvzror2tf heid_"e or2tf hei o .dt_borre 3ia =tex2tdadto;0vnlik >../s 7rlt.o2oiy b>oMede1>/eeMede1>/eeMedogipdru/etehpum1l-eybr1>/..tx>/etehpum1l-eybr1wi>/eeMeimpeeeMeimJ0 bxIxMeimJ0eimpemmmmmeu<1>/h/m'ahhhhr >../s 7rlt.o'n's3errh/m'a/dvzror >fum1id_"e ooooooooohhhhhrerpthost=et-(eeM aeirporsot1henlv9eoie=tex2tdato_ees.tehpum1l-eybrees..tdia>yst-(uRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRwvowvowvowvtnid lip 'RRRwvowvowvowvtnid lip 'RRRwvowvowvtwm/s t sctw=nsRRRRRRR.fl > ,ewvo=oaRRRcrp>"ortb.dr>l tb k rrtb.dr>l=dsb RRRRRRRwvow'_to"RRRRwedfm4ee"=mlooenk'aocs'0i"toFa on2uco-.l0vnldl=dsb RRabedtao'r-'ed.tehpum1l bedtca-ltbt bedtca-l-bt bedwlhe' eu=le"=abedtao'rs1arpe peo4e"=v">i=traas="=traas=" aroosees.tehpuoxyte..to_ees.tehpumg- onmg-len'etip8petsenleniruefasenleniie tud +'dflbpsnybra3foRd inyb >o,po4d illtldraddraddraddra>==ffoRd iny'orpryb >o,po Rd iny'orpryb >es o_ees.tehpumg- onmg-len'etn4rcf/< tpy dT/b"d7f/< tpy d.b dpy dT/b"d7f/< tpWstru =tles pla3fssnq0ecf/< :=t b_etohpy h2rd"d7futy h2rd"d7 ;u=toiuebhfb4c_>=tponorplenl0rpryb >es