2013 - 2018 3rd Gen Mercedes A class (W176)

Yaloryalor

Hi

Merc bringing in A200? I thought only A180 and a45 now?

Wow! Cool!

Hope the specs will be available for comparison soon at the showroom.

↡ Advertisement

What abt the back seat width compared to the A3?

Got take pics of back seats? How much is it now?

I think the width of the back seat is also wider than A3. Maybe one of the reason is the hump at the center passenger is higher for A3. Hence, sitting at the center need more legroom and will feel more clamp for 3 passengers sitting at the rear.
  • Praise 1

I think he maybe referring to the A3 sportback which is definitely much more roomier than the A class.

Yes I was referring to the A3 Sportback. I thought that is the logical alternative to the A-Class since both are hatchback.

Already booked the a180 when the Cat A was cheaper. Now that a200 cheaper, might as well get the a200! Anyway, is there a w176 carclub out there? Searched in the sgmerc forum but to no avail.

• Praise 2

Was told everything between the 2 cars are the same except the Horsepower 122bhp vs 156bhp

If everything is e same n coe is $6k cheaper for cat b now, means c&c is ""&$):/;&&@
  • Praise 1

Already booked the a180 when the Cat A was cheaper. Now that a200 cheaper, might as well get the a200! Anyway, is there a w176 carclub out there? Searched in the sgmerc forum but to no avail.

There is a A class group chat at sgmerc under core models section.
  • Praise 1

Is this model recommended for a family of 4 with 2 toddlers? Need to put 2 car seats. Maybe one in frint and one at the back

Edited by Donald83
  • Praise 1

Is this model recommended for a family of 4 with 2 toddlers? Need to put 2 car seats. Maybe one in frint and one at the back

I would say no ... rear doors opening too tight for moving baby and also child seat in and out with ease.

In addition, the boot would not be able to take 2 strollers.

• Praise 1

Min a proper size sedan.

So many big body small engine models in Singapore. LOL...

• Praise 1

Bring you car seats to try it out. If A class not suitable then try the B class too.

Min a proper size sedan.

So many big body small engine models in Singapore. LOL...

local tax structure, practicality and real world usage determines this. 

in US, it is inversely true... many small body big engines. 

If you have a stroller, you can forget about putting it in the A class boot.  The opening is very small and high.  The volume as advertised is as big as other comparable cars', but what's the point if you cannot get your stuff in.  Personally, I don't think the A class is suitable if you carry a lot of barang barang for toddlers. 

• Praise 1

If you have a stroller, you can forget about putting it in the A class boot.  The opening is very small and high.  The volume as advertised is as big as other comparable cars', but what's the point if you cannot get your stuff in.  Personally, I don't think the A class is suitable if you carry a lot of barang barang for toddlers. 

True, the opening of the boot is small.

mercedes_a180_eco_hatch.jpg?itok=LfxGYrw

Have you try it out in the showroom?

Nope not yet. On leave next Thurs so prob go take a look

I have a 2nd kid coming in August so im deciding btw being practical (go for bigger sedan or MPV) or fufil my dream and go with A-class

Nope not yet. On leave next Thurs so prob go take a look

I have a 2nd kid coming in August so im deciding btw being practical (go for bigger sedan or MPV) or fufil my dream and go with A-class

To fulfill your dream, you need to forego pram.

Rather than taking all barang barang for toddler, make more trip go home during your weekend rendezvous.

In other countries, couple can move around with 2 toddler in A class.

↡ Advertisement