2013 - 2018 3rd Gen Mercedes A class (W176)

Yaloryalor

@razer369 Suggest you also read some comparison reviews on top of testing the cars yourself :)

Mercedes may probably be a stronger brand but car wise...

Anyways you will hardly go wrong with either pick... have fun!

Thanks i test drove the A3 1.4 and the A180 but that was in early 2016. And did read reviews too. I am not an expert racer so doubt can sense the subtle difference. But i do feel A3 is smoother but A180 has a firmer grip on the road.

Does A180 comes with DRL led lights? I read on sg car mart that it does but someone above said it does not.

Can i change the A180 sport (half leather, half material) seat to a normal faux leather seat?

Do you know if Audi AD still sells A3 in 1.4? Was told they only do A3 1.0 now.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Was quoted 138,888 over the weekend.

Someone on another group was saying he got A200 at $127k (with overtrade).

Your $138,888 is the list price. Usually when go down, the SE will give you discount off list price.

The A180, CLA, A3 and 116 were on my shortlist when I was shopping back in mid-2016.

My humble take on the A180 vs A3 comparison is:

A180 better in terms of flashier appearance both exterior and interior, sports seats look the part, perception of reliability

A3 (1.4l) better in terms of build quality feels more solid, better drive/ride/handling feel, user-centric interior ergonomics and (relative) space/comfort

The price difference then isn't big enough to be an influence, and for such junior models the Merc and Audi brand doesn't really make much diff la. End of day, each caters to individual taste... eventually I put my money on the one that presents a more convincing package.

Thanks i test drove the A3 1.4 and the A180 but that was in early 2016. And did read reviews too. I am not an expert racer so doubt can sense the subtle difference. But i do feel A3 is smoother but A180 has a firmer grip on the road.

Does A180 comes with DRL led lights? I read on sg car mart that it does but someone above said it does not.

Can i change the A180 sport (half leather, half material) seat to a normal faux leather seat?

Audi AD only does 1.0l A3s now. Abit lower on bhp and weight and road tax.

unless you drive the 1.4l and 1.0l back to back, I don't think the typical buyers would be aware or bothered by the difference

Edited by thedryvr

Neutral Newbie

Your $138,888 is the list price. Usually when go down, the SE will give you discount off list price.

$138,888 is the price SE quoted me. She did mentioned there will be overtrade for my car and $5k maintenance credit.

Neutral Newbie

Sorry btw where did u see the $127k price? I also think the price quoted to me is quite high. Overtrade price cant be that much.

Sorry btw where did u see the $127k price? I also think the price quoted to me is quite high. Overtrade price cant be that much.

You can read the Audi A3 thread, the Mercs owner thread or the Mercs C class thread. I cannot remember exactly.

Can i drive the A180 up north to KL or Penang? Or it will be a stretch for the engine?

You can read the Audi A3 thread, the Mercs owner thread or the Mercs C class thread. I cannot remember exactly.

Can i drive the A180 up north to KL or Penang? Or it will be a stretch for the engine?

If you want to flatten the accelerator pedal throughout the journey then maybe yes

Supercharged

Can i drive the A180 up north to KL or Penang? Or it will be a stretch for the engine?

stretch engine is good thing, clears carbon.

Sg stop-start traffic is worse than flooring it long time,

manual also says stop-start traffic must change oil at shorter intervals leh.

Anyone driving a Merc A180 now and can post a picture of how their interior central console looks like? Does your console comes with a covered stowage compartment or an uncovered coffee cup warmer? Thanks.

Anyone driving a Merc A180 now and can post a picture of how their interior central console looks like? Does your console comes with a covered stowage compartment or an uncovered coffee cup warmer? Thanks.

Mine is the pre-facelift version. It comes with a covered stowage compartment. 

I think the facelift version comes with the uncovered compartment, but I can't confirm this.

I am deciding between a Mercs A180 and Audi A3 sedan. Can you share what you think?

I test drove both cars. Here is my thoughts just for your reference:

Pick up: A3 is quicker

Handling: Equally good

Exterior look: A180 better but need to have DRL version else dun buy

Interior finishing: A3 is more solid. The leather seats, buttons all better. A class is not real leather (B class, CLA class even C180 not real leather too).

Interior space (head room, leg room, front, rear): Surprisingly A class

Branding: A class

Reliability: Should be A class

Resale value: Should be A class

Overall for me, I will choose A class.

I test drove both cars. Here is my thoughts just for your reference:

Pick up: A3 is quicker

Handling: Equally good

Exterior look: A180 better but need to have DRL version else dun buy

Interior finishing: A3 is more solid. The leather seats, buttons all better. A class is not real leather (B class, CLA class even C180 not real leather too).

Interior space (head room, leg room, front, rear): Surprisingly A class

Branding: A class

Reliability: Should be A class

Resale value: Should be A class

Overall for me, I will choose A class.

bro, what's your comment over A class & 1 series? can't decide which to buy.

bro, what's your comment over A class & 1 series? can't decide which to buy.

Haven u sit on the 1 series? My comments are based on one year ago when I visited PML.

For me the exterior look of the 1 Series is equally nice with the A class but the interior I really dun like the 1 series.

The speedometer is the classic orange dials. There is no big LCD display in between the two dials.

The rear seats are very small too. Not comfortable for 3 adults.

Overall,IMO A class would be a better buy. More sporty and more mod.

The only drawback is the non led DRL on the A class. Need to check if any FL.

Haven u sit on the 1 series? My comments are based on one year ago when I visited PML.

For me the exterior look of the 1 Series is equally nice with the A class but the interior I really dun like the 1 series.

The speedometer is the classic orange dials. There is no big LCD display in between the two dials.

The rear seats are very small too. Not comfortable for 3 adults.

Overall,IMO A class would be a better buy. More sporty and more mod.

The only drawback is the non led DRL on the A class. Need to check if any FL.

I haven't sit in or test driven any yet. It takes one solid SE's talk to ruin my whole plan should I go down to the showroom not 100% ready and committed.

I agree with you on both of these 2 cars' exteriors, they certainly represent their badges and sportiness.

As for interior wise, base on the reviews here from other Bros and you, and also some videos, 1series do lose out on a fair margin.

Performance and FC, so far what I have gotten from the reviews are the 1series edged out? I m not sure.

Thanks for your reply though.

Edited by moontanoi

A180 does comes with DRL LED lights if you choose the Urban version. The standard Style version comes with Halogen lights only.

1 Series is diesel, wait till after 20 Feb then decide.

thanks, will until 20th Feb as per your advise.

any particular reason tho?

↡ Advertisement