One accident cause another accident

Jjchsg

You are so lucky,never hit the Motocycle & never got hit by the Kia K5,save yourself from trouble in C.N.Y.. [laugh]

Motocycle was riding too fast,& road is wet..suddenly car in front braked... [bigcry]

Twincharged

A fast moving motorcyclist fell down.  I slowly stopped.  The car behind me also stopped.  However, another car behind cannot stop in time and crash into the car behind me.  

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Jtu5f-YFtdg

Looks like the car behind the car that is behind you actually stopped in time but got hit by another car that cannot stop in time.

Heng no one injured, feel for those guys though cny accidents (minor) always double heart pain

Ya lo. They probably just got the car washed and polished for CNY. Still got to go and report to insurance on eve of CNY.

Edited by Nzy
  • Praise 1

Heng no one injured, feel for those guys though cny accidents (minor) always double heart pain

Should be heng no casualties. Cause Im quite sure the rider injured himself albeit a light one.
  • Praise 1

Actually I look closely at the video, seems like car behind Kia K5 did stop, but he kena hit and momentum carry forward to cause him to touch the K5.

i was waiting cam car driver to come down help rider

With all the cars zipping past at 80km/h.... seriously anyone alighting is very dangerous... take care of oneself first.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

[confused]  [confused]  [confused]

wear slippers cause slip ? care to elaborate? 

I don't think it caused him to skid but it is still dangerous.

With all the cars zipping past at 80km/h.... seriously anyone alighting is very dangerous... take care of oneself first.

agree that taking care of oneself is important.

but with the rider looking dazed, i would be very careful out there and still render my assistance. 

• Praise 1

Based on the "non-contact accident" thing, shouldn't the motorcyclist bear some liability for the crash?

Apparently, if a biker crashes avoiding a car, the car is liable, even if there's no contact.

I think the biker should be partially liable here. Please keep your footage, submit it to SRD and beh chia lor and even TP if you feel so inclined. These errant bikers who ride too fast and lane split must be held to account.

Edited by Turboflat4

Looked like the biker had used his handbrake to do an e brake that caused his front tyres to lock and skid. I always remind bikers never to use their handbrake in an ebraking situation.......always use the rear brake and let the rear fishtail rather than using the front and having a fall due to the front tyres and handle lockung in such a situation.

• Praise 1

[laugh] this is old methodology. Think you same as my age. The new method for braking bike to stop is use more front and less rear. Same is being taught in riding skool.

Looked like the biker had used his handbrake to do an e brake that caused his front tyres to lock and skid. I always remind bikers never to use their handbrake in an ebraking situation.......always use the rear brake and let the rear fishtail rather than using the front and having a fall due to the front tyres and handle lockung in such a situation.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

Based on the "non-contact accident" thing, shouldn't the motorcyclist bear some liability for the crash?

Apparently, if a biker crashes avoiding a car, the car is liable, even if there's no contact.

I think the biker should be partially liable here. Please keep your footage, submit it to SRD and beh chia lor and even TP if you feel so inclined. These errant bikers who ride too fast and lane split must be held to account.

I don't think the motorcycle is liable. Cuz it is the cars behind that didn't keep a safe distance. If the cars behind kept a safe distance, they would have stopped in time. I think the non-contact thing will apply if the cam car lost control while trying to avoid the motorcyclist and hit something.

Anyway, Singapore got such thing? If no contact, the other guy never report insurance also can't claim him. Even in those accidents where there is contact, the other party never report also so difficult to claim already. Lol.

[laugh] this is old methodology. The new method for braking bike to stop is use more front and less rear. Same is being taught in riding skool.

Yeah. This is what I learnt also. Cuz they say 70% of the stopping power is from the front. Use the rear only will increase the stopping distance by a lot.

• Praise 2

[laugh] this is old methodology. The new method for braking bike to stop is use more front and less rear. Same is being taught in riding skool.

[laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh] ...it shows i is of the older generation...hahaha! but i still remember the way it was taught in sdc....more front wheel than rear wheel and had to learn it the hardway a few times before i started the rear wheel braking method! It really needs a lot of muscle memory practise as using the front brakes is much easier and faster. Had my 1st spill due to the wheels and handle locking when my license was still red back in the 80s!

Turbocharged

I like how the radio song the last guitar strum happen right when the Optima kenna bomp

The rider looks like he got a lot of dirty water off the road too. Hope he's OK.

TS is lucky lad haha

↡ Advertisement