Diesel Cars +

amentosaday

Can some diesel owners share maintenance cost here? Heard many workshops not willing to maintain conti cars. Parts also problems.

↡ Advertisement

Can some diesel owners share maintenance cost here? Heard many workshops not willing to maintain conti cars. Parts also problems.

I owned a berlingo for 6 years before I sold it. There was no major issues except for every 10k servicing and wear / tear parts.

Normal servicing cost is similar as other cars except oil filter may cost a few dollars more.

Brought a 8 years old peu partner couple of months ago. Replaced a pressure fuel sensor and did a timing belt, water pump and some wear/tear parts. Other than that everything is fine. Cost about $600 plus.

Am currently driving a diesel Picasso, still new and is under warranty so can't comments on the maintenance cost.

Generally conti parts are more expensive than Japanese make but normal servicing cost is the same.

You just need to go to a workshop who has a diagnostic kit and familiar with the make.

Edited by Maddriver

But all new diesel car selling in sg are euro 5 and above right?..

Ya. Unfortunately, some of the postings here seem to be referring to old diesel vans and teksi which gives a skewed impression of a modern turbo diesel. 

Is it still true for modern diesel Cars?

Not sure for other make but my manual did mention need to run for continuous 70km/hr until the Urea light is off if the DPF got choke up.

• Praise 1

I owned a berlingo for 6 years before I sold it. There was no major issues except for every 10k servicing and wear / tear parts.

Normal servicing cost is similar as other cars except oil filter may cost a few dollars more.

Brought a 8 years old peu partner couple of months ago. Replaced a pressure fuel sensor and did a timing belt, water pump and some wear/tear parts. Other than that everything is fine. Cost about $600 plus.

Am currently driving a diesel Picasso, still new and is under warranty so can't comments on the maintenance cost.

Generally conti parts are more expensive than Japanese make but normal servicing cost is the same.

You just need to go to a workshop who has a diagnostic kit and familiar with the make.

I am driving a Renault GS for two years ... no issue so far ... i agree with someone who said drive it hard and long ... some how or rather when i change my driving style to hard and long.. the car seems much more smoother and power compared to when i drive gently. how enjoying my hard drive... when i bought my diesel car i asked for 5yrs warranty and 5 yrs free servicing so now havent see my bill yet hahah

• Praise 1

My diesel car require adblue. What I know is to meet the euro 6 requirement.

May i know what car ? Cos my Jaguar XE is Euro 5 for local , oversea is Euro 6 that required the adblue.

The adblue hole is sealed up.

May i know what car ? Cos my Jaguar XE is Euro 5 for local , oversea is Euro 6 that required the adblue.

The adblue hole is sealed up.

Is 2015 citroen picasso. Need to refill adblue ard 20k.

How come frenchie so special one?

My kimchi 30+k liao, C&C no need to add anything (and they usually the first to upsell stuff during servicing....). Juz std service every 10k n rotate tyres.

My kimchi 30+k liao, C&C no need to add anything (and they usually the first to upsell stuff during servicing....). Juz std service every 10k n rotate tyres.

because amdk :grin:

Yours I think is Euro 5.

Adblue for Euro 6.

mercedes models must see got the bluetec badge, then is euro 6 dpf

so far i think S350 bluetec  as well as the e300 or e350 bluetec

if the behind is CDI is euro 5 only

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlueTec

Edited by Furrynadz

Not all euro 6 diesel requires the use of adblue. Really depends on the emission output of the car and the weight etc. Some are able to meet emission control with just DPF.

Not all euro 6 diesel requires the use of adblue. Really depends on the emission output of the car and the weight etc. Some are able to meet emission control with just DPF.

Adblue is required to reduce Nitrogen Oxide, which is requirement of Euro6

Adblue is required to reduce Nitrogen Oxide, which is requirement of Euro6

SCR is the right term. One such scr additive is adblue. Not all euro 6 cars need SCR technology to reduce NOx.

EGR and DPF do the first cut, and if the emission still can't be met, then SCR is implemented. There are euro 6 diesel cars in the market without the need for SCR (adblue)

Can read more at this link.

http://www.dieselcar.com/features/euro-6-understanding-the-new-regulations/

• Praise 1

http://www.mazda.com/en/innovation/technology/skyactiv/skyactiv-d/

With the world’s lowest diesel-engine compression ratio, this clean, highly-efficient diesel engine will comply with strict exhaust gas regulations globally without the aid of expensive NOx (nitrogen oxides) aftertreatment systems Features of SKYACTIV-D

・20 percent better fuel efficiency thanks to the low compression ratio of 14.0:1

・A new two-stage turbocharger realizes smooth and linear response from low to high engine speeds, and greatly increases low- and high-end torque (up to the 5,200 rpm rev limit)

・Complies with global emissions regulations (Euro6 in Europe, Tier2Bin5 in North America, and the Post New Long-Term Regulations in Japan), without expensive NOx aftertreatment

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7