Diesel Cars +

amentosaday

Just went to BMW showroom today to take a look at 218d Active Tourer. SE low ball used car trade in value then offer over trade, total rip off. Cannot talk about price until charge deposit with credit card. High pressure sales technique. So now looking at alternative brands.

Did u test drive the 218d AT?  How was it?  How much is it going for?

↡ Advertisement

The only Japanese diesel I know is Mazda I think? The other Japanese brands not really into diesels.

By right they should have, since last time taxi used Toyota Crown and Corolla; then Nissan have Cabstar van. By right Toyota and Nissan the best brands to have diesel car, since they have been doing for soooo long. 

Yah, was looking at Mazda also. Mazda CX3 and CX5 diesel brochure say have this SkyActiv D technology. Say until magic like that. Like don't have DPF (problematic, mention in earlier post) or need to topup AdBlue or not.

Anyone know if it has AdBlue or DPF?

Did u test drive the 218d AT? How was it? How much is it going for?

216d AT. Quite quiet compared to diesel taxi. Quite spacious behind. Good for family and elderly. Trunk reasonable size. Have run flat tire. Acceleration ok. When release accelerate can feel the engine break quite strong. So testing more diesel car to see if it's a diesel car thingy.

216d Active Tourer's List price $150,800.

Only managed to push for $2000 discount n 5 year warranty or 200,000km. Then was pissed off by SE.

Low ball the used car and gave back as over trade.

No wonder SE so insistent to close the deal. It's such a bad deal that after go home search sure will not sign. Don't be fooled by the Ang-Moh accent SE. Lol

By right they should have, since last time taxi used Toyota Crown and Corolla; then Nissan have Cabstar van. By right Toyota and Nissan the best brands to have diesel car, since they have been doing for soooo long. 

Yah, was looking at Mazda also. Mazda CX3 and CX5 diesel brochure say have this SkyActiv D technology. Say until magic like that. Like don't have DPF (problematic, mention in earlier post) or need to topup AdBlue or not.

Anyone know if it has AdBlue or DPF?

Commercial vehicle diesel and passenger car diesel not quite the same la.

216d AT. Quite quiet compared to diesel taxi. Quite spacious behind. Good for family and elderly. Trunk reasonable size. Have run flat tire. Acceleration ok. When release accelerate can feel the engine break quite strong. So testing more diesel car to see if it's a diesel car thingy.

Only managed to push for $2000 discount n 5 year warranty or 200,000km. Then was pissed off by SE.

No wonder SE so insistent to close the deal. It's such a bad deal that after go home search sure will not sign. Don't be fooled by the Ang-Moh accent SE. Lol

dun say SE low ball you. u have to understand that if your car is not near scrap, then dun expect very good trade in prices, better to sell off the car yourself.

secondly, it is naturally easier to get a good deal when you are committing to sign on the dotted line. if everyone goes to look for SE and ask for best deal, then why need to show the retail price?

same goes with selling personal items online, be it watches or car accessories. hate it when people ask what is the best price when you have already posted the asking price. if you are sincere enough, share your offer price instead. talk so much no use, action please.

• Praise 3

My friend tradeed his 1 owner 5.4 year 523 for a new car, they offered him 80k for the 523 which is about 13k depreciation per year. Sgcarmart is selling at average of 100k. This is how low ball they are.

Used car dealer got to take into consideration that the car will be sitting in the showroom for few weeks or month before being sold.

My sis traded in her 2008 Harrier for $28K. Dealer advertised $42K.

Best is sell car yourself. Sgcarmart offers a superb platform.

$150k?  Are you referring to the standard MPV or the compact MPV.

Also used car market is weak now. No demand. Most will be bought over by car rental companies or dealers looking to scrap/export. So don't expect high prices.

I suspect partly due to pricing. In a normal market, depreciation per year for an used car is much lower than that of a new car.

ie in 2010, i bought a 3yo Sylphy for depreciation of $4.6k pa, when a new Sylphy was selling for depreciation of $7.6k pa

Today, because the second hand car market generally bought their stock when COE was much higher, the depreciation per year of a 2/5/8yo car is literally the same as a brand new bread and butter car of the same model (+/- 10%).

So unless liquidity is an issue (ie no cash for dp), buying a used car makes very little sense.

• Praise 1

So far the list of diesel cars (from official dealership) that I found only as of 28 Nov 2016:

- BMW Series 1

- BMW Series 2 Active Tourer

- BMW Series 2 Grand Tourer

- BMW Series 5, SE say coming soon

BMW X5 Diesel

- Citroen C4 Picasso Diesel

- DS 4 Crossback Diesel

- DS 5 Diesel

Hyundai Santa Fe Diesel

Hyundai Tucson Diesel

- Infiniti Q30 Diesel

- Jaguar F-PACE Diesel

- Jaguar XE Diesel

Jaguar XF Diesel

- Kia Carens Diesel

Land Rover Range Rover Diesel

Land Rover Range Rover Sport Diesel

- Mazda CX-3 Diesel

- Mazda CX-5 Diesel

- Mercedes-Benz (too many models)

- Opel Insignia Diesel

- Peugeot 5008 Diesel

- Peugeot 508 Diesel

- Porsche Cayenne Diesel

- Porsche Macan Diesel

- Porsche Panamera Diesel

- Renault Clio Diesel

Renault Fluence Diesel

- Renault Grand Scenic Diesel

- Renault Kadjar Diesel

Renault Megane GT-Line Diesel

- Seat Alhambra Diesel

- Seat Toledo Diesel

- Ssangyong Stavic Diesel

- Ssangyong Tivoli Compact Diesel

- Ssangyong Tivoli XLV Diesel

- Toyota Prado Diesel

- Volkswagen Touareg Diesel

Volvo S60 Diesel

Volvo XC90 Diesel

I just got my E220D for a month. Does not sound like a diesel. Actually no diesel chatter at all. All the trademark or diesel of low consumption, high torque are there, but not the noise. So far, I am not regreting getting a diesel car. I may after the budget announcement, but living in Singapore, you expect to get shafted regularly anyway if you want to drive, one way or another, regardless of fuel type. So i focus on enjoying the ride.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Script for Kleen Diesel Blast

We are supplier for cheap diesel, Kleen Diesel for High Engine Performance and Fuel Savings.

Advantages of Kleen Diesel are

1. Cheaper than market price,

2. Longer mileage (Extra kilometer),

3. Less black smoke (opacity) and NOx emission,

4. Easy identification for fraud prevention,

5. Certified with European Standard CEN CWA 15145: 2004.

Suitable for

1. Lorry/Truck/Tractors Fleet,

2. Diesel generator,

3. Shipping Industry.

Terms

1. MOQ 1,000 liters

2. Free Klang Valley delivery for 11,000 liters and above

3. Cash Before Delivery (CBD)

LIMITED OFFER: Free sample of 50 liters when you visit our production plant (While stocks last)

Please call us for an appointment and purchase inquiry;

MN Fuel Solutions Sdn Bhd

+603-7885 8663

Kompleks Kilang SME, Sunway Damansara

Visit our FB Page @KleenDiesel for more information

https://www.facebook.com/kleendiesel/

Genuine customers and agent are welcome.

↡ Advertisement