• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
60 replies to this topic | 148 praises

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:29 PM

Lotr
  • Premium member
    Lotr
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anyone bought car parts and accessories from taobao and care to share their experience?

Been looking around and prices are really affordable for many things likes accessories and even service parts.

Of course I am concerned about imitations but seems like some items are genuine but made for their local market.

Currently, I am looking at stuffs like car door visors, windshield wipers and diy soundproofing rubber strips.

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:42 PM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anyone bought car parts and accessories from taobao and care to share their experience?

Been looking around and prices are really affordable for many things likes accessories and even service parts.

Of course I am concerned about imitations but seems like some items are genuine but made for their local market.

Currently, I am looking at stuffs like car door visors, windshield wipers and diy soundproofing rubber strips.

Car accessories should be ok, but do note that China is left hand drive. Stuff like wipers are upside down.
Mustank praised this

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:49 PM

BenTong
  • Premium member
    BenTong
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Great stuff. But the site got hacked. Stuff are cheap. So is credit card.. Easy meat for them.
Lotr praised this

Posted 09 February 2016 - 10:11 PM

Alg
  • Premium member
    Alg
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I bought air and cabin filter.

Lotr praised this

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:06 PM

Lotr
  • Premium member
    Lotr
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Car accessories should be ok, but do note that China is left hand drive. Stuff like wipers are upside down.

Wipers upside down? Interesting, I know China is LHD but haven't thought of that it would affect the wipers. Will look at it in more detail before buying.

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:19 PM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Wipers upside down? Interesting, I know China is LHD but haven't thought of that it would affect the wipers. Will look at it in more detail before buying.

Those aerodynamic wipers that come with spoilers will be upside down. Instead of helping to keep the wipers down when wind blows over, it will be helping the wipers to fly up instead. It may affect the wiper function at high speeds.

I did see some sellers allow you to specify that you want RHD accessories. Else, everything will be wrong shape, such as floor mats, dashboard map, wind visors, etc.

Lotr praised this

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:58 PM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Generally OK - Many makes are produced in China eg Audi, VW so those are OK.

Lotr praised this

Posted 10 February 2016 - 09:23 AM

SGCMlycan
  • Premium member
    SGCMlycan
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I bought bulbs, leds, water hose and wiper from taobao.

Nearly bought car mats(custom fitted to your car model) but realised they are left hand driven.

I did asked like 10 sellers if they can make a set that is for right hand drive but sadly all of them said no. :(

Edited by SGCMlycan, 10 February 2016 - 09:23 AM.

hsl118, Mustank, flashbang, Lotr and Volvobrick praised this

Posted 10 February 2016 - 09:42 AM

Solar
  • Premium member
    Solar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Never bought before..but are u able to pay via PayPal?
There's at least some form of protection.

Few months ago I bought some stuff from Qoo10 but the stuff wasn't working.
Ding dong with the Qoo admin and the seller from China till tulan, lodged a dispute with PayPal.
Sent them the evidences and eventually I got my money back.
Only loss is my time and return postage.
Mustank and Lotr praised this

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:18 AM

Yaloryalor
  • Premium member
    Yaloryalor
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Din buy but I was looking at it few weeks ago.

Better to buy from reputable sellers and with good reviews.

I will only buy those cosmetic parts from them.

Lotr praised this
人恶人怕天不怕,人善人欺天不欺;善恶到头终有报,只争来早与来迟。

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:36 AM

Weewee1976
  • Premium member
    Weewee1976
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Bought my current Mazda 5's window visors, lighted scuff plates, boot scuff plate, etc from Taobao. Much cheaper than local vendors. Previously for my Stream, I had bought air filter, air-con filter, sports pedals, etc before too. Totally no issue at all. Just go through a 3rd party agent to purchase for you if you're not so comfortable buying direct.

Like some bros mentioned, need to take note theirs are LHD cars and ensure your model is available there and take note of the year of make as some models may have undergone facelifts or a complete model change (e.g. Fit, Civic, etc).

Lotr praised this

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:53 AM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If buy direct from Taobao, please be aware that Taobao don't allow direct air shipment (via 4PX etc) for stuff listed under "car" section.

The slightly indirect way (short of going through a daigou) is to ship it back via sea freight (eg. oops).

Sea freight takes about 2 weeks to reach sg and there is a minimum volumetric weight of 1m3.

Lotr praised this
Circles Life Referral Code: HTWWD

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:02 AM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I have gotten accessories from taobao before. Stuff that doesn't affect safety. Things like wipers, side mirrors, rear view mirrors, reverse cameras/sensors, alarm systems, car mats and even got a whole bumper for a friend. Used sea shipping for the big items.

Lotr praised this

Posted 11 February 2016 - 02:48 PM

Jjchsg
  • Premium member
    Jjchsg
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I bought accessories and some spare parts from Taobao via 65daigou, no need to worry about credit card issue.

Spare parts

- Hydraulic support for the hood and boot for my old Nissan.  The original is getting weak.  The part arrived, it has Nissan marks on it.  It works fine

- lightbulb for headlight.  Also works fine

- replacement wiper.  Some works great, some so-so

Accessories.  Varying quality.  Some ordered but quality not as good as expected.  Some are great and works just like what it says at the website.  In my experience, it is 80% ok.  Since it is much cheaper than Singapore, I am fine with some not working well.

Car History : Mazda 626 > Nissan Stanza > Mazda 929 2.2 > Nissan Bluebird ARX > Peugeot 406 > Nissan Primera > Nissan Cefiro 230JM > BMW Active Tourer 218i

Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:52 PM

keanie
  • keanie
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Tabao is a bit troublesome for me since my mandarin no good. Instead, I had bought Wiper n Aircon filter from Aliexpress.
2BDriver and hsl118 praised this

Posted 12 February 2016 - 09:53 AM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Do note that there is no such thing as a genuine part from these online platforms, even if the car manufacturer logo is printed on them.

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:56 PM

SGCMlycan
  • Premium member
    SGCMlycan
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Thank you all for the points!

What a warm welcome  :a-good:

I was just wondering, did anyone try ordering things like spark plugs, brake pads or even brake rotor and ultimately installed it in your ride?  [laugh]

Posted 17 February 2016 - 10:22 AM

bajjio
  • bajjio
    Banned

I have used taobao to buy neck pillow in my car and car charger of smartphone.

But it took about 30 days to get them.... It was frustrating.

Posted 17 February 2016 - 10:38 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I have used taobao to buy neck pillow in my car and car charger of smartphone.

But it took about 30 days to get them.... It was frustrating.

you use sea shipping?

Posted 17 February 2016 - 10:48 AM

evo171
  • Premium member
    evo171
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I just put in order for cargo tray before cny. Let's see how that will pan out.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Battery Empire Pte Ltd

Battery Empire Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by ANyhowaNythingAnywherRe  |  Neutral Newbie

Super highly recommended. Very experienced in changing my car battery. Done the change very swiftly and fast. Good price was given for the changing of a new Amaron battery. Thumb up for Battery Empire! Will recommend to all my friends.

Sat Motors (Workshop)

Sat Motors (Workshop)  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by texx  |  Neutral Newbie

I have recently gotten my body kit install and entire car paint work respray at SAT Motors.

Joey and his team did a great job and went the extra miles to help me fix some of the additional items.

He gave great advice on colour combination and I am very happy with the end result.

Will recommend my friends to them and go back to them whene... » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Accessories Retail

Quick Reply

Tags: car, parts, accessories, taobao and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users