Toy collection

dcb

Turbocharged

When i was younger i had this interest in Mcdonald toys that comes with happy meals. I was given an almost storeroom full of them. Most are unopned. Dont know how to sell them. Some are more than 20years old. Any idea how to sell them as I lot?

Nowadays I have a hobby changed... i start to collect tablewiper than upgrade to collecting wibdow cleaner and now deskbound pen pushing cigar smoking hairy lolex wearing multi investor.

Carousell is you best bet to sell these. Since you got so much why not take some pics and show us your proud collection?

Anyway I catch no ball on your 2nd paragraph...read like some hidden political/satire agenda in it.

Let's keep this thread solely for what it's for...to share toy collections(not even to sell it)

:)

↡ Advertisement

When i was younger i had this interest in Mcdonald toys that comes with happy meals. I was given an almost storeroom full of them. Most are unopned. Dont know how to sell them. Some are more than 20years old. Any idea how to sell them as I lot?

Nowadays I have a hobby changed... i start to collect tablewiper than upgrade to collecting wibdow cleaner and now deskbound pen pushing cigar smoking hairy lolex wearing multi investor.

Ah boy ah , my time Mcdonald got no toy with happy meals .  Now your new hobby so expensive . 

cleaner now all wear rolex hor .  :XD:

• Praise 5

Love the GT skyline. I have one model to build with that livery.

Used to build 1/24 scale models. Stopped for a few years coz of the paint fumes. Currently, these are waiting to be build:

attachicon.gif20170514_175253_resized.jpg

I used to try out a few.  But now I lao hua yan liao.

I have a lot of kits in my collection. No time to build as the kids will disturb, plan to start building when I retire but then maybe paint also difficult to get

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I have a lot of kits in my collection. No time to build as the kids will disturb, plan to start building when I retire but then maybe paint also difficult to get

Now the only place left is the Tamiya shop in stargek. They still got a big rack of paints and spray. It's like the last haven for modelkits in SG.

There used to be a shop in Sunshine plaza and tiong bahru. Not sure if still around. The rest of the model kit shops all close liao :(

Now a days alot of youngsters build gundam instead.so maybe still got abit of hope.

Dying hobby.

COOL!

It's a dying hobby in SG. I seldom see people doing modelkit except for old farts like us.. sad.

In japan the hobby is still pretty hot but also dying. Youngsters just don't like to build things anymore.

For me the problem is the lack of time to commit. I did alot of modelkit cars in the past as a kid. Mastering the painting is one of the toughest thing to do with limited resources.

Exactly. Can't really find anyone with this hobby now. I prefer kits than diecast models as I enjoy the building process. Last time there is a shop in sunshine plaza doing this. Always go there see see look look.

Normally I will take a month to 2 to complete one. Painting is hardest for car models as we need a shiny, watery coat. After mastering painting, I went for detailing engine bay and cabin. The last I never touch is the scratch building. I've seen people turning cubside kits into full detail model, open doors, hood and trunk. Too much for me. :D

Some of my completed ones:

post-57008-0-59553200-1495764854.jpg

Still my fav Ferrari

post-57008-0-63040800-1495764897.jpg

AE86. Late type. This is a very interesting kit. With a full 4AGE and actual springs at the suspension. I had to cut 2 coils to lower the car.

post-57008-0-70423100-1495764934.jpg

Super Silhouette. This first skyline I ever know

post-57008-0-24591600-1495764962.jpg

Top secret skyline

post-57008-0-17188900-1495765082.jpg

Custom FTO

post-57008-0-74927900-1495765106.jpg

993 GT2 I think. Prob the best kit from Tamiya. Too bad fuel cap is at the wrong position for the road going model

post-57008-0-66362000-1495765133.jpg

BNR32

post-57008-0-92361400-1495765161.jpg

BNR33

post-57008-0-02903800-1495765327.jpg

BNR34 w/o rear spoiler.

• Praise 8

Now the only place left is the Tamiya shop in stargek. They still got a big rack of paints and spray. It's like the last haven for modelkits in SG.

There used to be a shop in Sunshine plaza and tiong bahru. Not sure if still around. The rest of the model kit shops all close liao :(

Now a days alot of youngsters build gundam instead.so maybe still got abit of hope.

Dying hobby.

Orchard store I long time never go. I think maybe also close liao

Turbocharged
(edited)

Orchard store I long time never go. I think maybe also close liao

Orchard where?

If you talking about those in far east plaza....long gone liao...

But really the hobby is in decline. Recently I go to Tokyo yodobashi, alot of the kits are based on old 80s and 90s cars. The recent ones are a few only like the GTR, NSX and Copen.

If Tamiya and Fujimi don't innovate I think sooner or later they will close shop...

Edited by Pocus

Turbocharged

Far East plaza is Nikko.

Orchard where?

But really the hobby is in decline. Recently I go to Tokyo yodobashi, alot of the kits are based on old 80s and 90s cars. The recent ones are a few only like the GTR, NSX and Copen.

If Tamiya and Fujimi don't innovate I think sooner or later they will close shop...

Supersonic

Far East plaza is Nikko.

That one sells diecast models.

Think they are talking about plastic kits.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

There is a place called hobby Point dunno still open or not though

Turbocharged
(edited)

Nikko also gone right?

Last time I remember Millenia Walk have..

Anyway now is a bad time to collect toys...

During its boom there are so many shops around and almost every shopping centre have them. Popular toys are often marked up by Scalpers (They still are by one particular shop at the corner of China Square Centre) and there are so many online toy collector forums. Friends are forged from these online forums..

Now one by one the toy collector shops are closing. Many switched to sell online at carousell. I heard China Square Centre is closing soon. That's like the last stand for the convergence of toys collectors. Most very old pioneer shops still stand because of old customers. All deeply affected by the retail industry in SG.

I fear the day toy collector, like many other hobbies, will be all online and will lost its soul...

Edited by Pocus

Supersonic

Nikko also gone right?

Last time I remember Millenia Walk have..

Anyway now is a bad time to collect toys...

During its boom there are so many shops around and almost every shopping centre have them. Popular toys are often marked up by Scalpers (They still are by one particular shop at the corner of China Square Centre) and there are so many online toy collector forums. Friends are forged from these online forums..

Now one by one the toy collector shops are closing. Many switched to sell online at carousell. I heard China Square Centre is closing soon. That's like the last stand for the convergence of toys collectors. Most very old pioneer shops still stand because of old customers. All deeply affected by the retail industry in SG.

I fear the day toy collector, like many other hobbies, will be all online and will lost its soul...

Nikko is still around with its only outlet left in Far East Plaza, #02-91. Millenia walk and Harborfront outlets are long closed. And it has renamed as Auto Models, boss's son take over the business.
  • Praise 1

Orchard where?

Tamiya has been shifting away from kits for the past few years. RC and 4x4 are more profitable to them. Aoshima and fujimi have more variety now.  Getting the license to manufacture kits are not easy. That's why most manufacturers go for race cars, exotic supercars and the classics where there are more demand. Modern mass production models are getting less attention nowadays.

Aoshima has released a lot of new lambo kits for both old and new models. And the fully open huayra looks really good. But the thought of apply cf decals on the chassis pulls me off.  

Turbocharged

The plump guy that mans the shop is he the son or the manager?

Nikko is still around with its only outlet left in Far East Plaza, #02-91. Millenia walk and Harborfront outlets are long closed. And it has renamed as Auto Models, boss's son take over the business.

Supersonic
(edited)

The plump guy that mans the shop is he the son or the manager?

Plump guy is employee.

Spectacles guy is the son.

White hair uncle is manager, but don't seems to see him nowadays. I think he retired.

Tamiya has been shifting away from kits for the past few years. RC and 4x4 are more profitable to them. Aoshima and fujimi have more variety now.  Getting the license to manufacture kits are not easy. That's why most manufacturers go for race cars, exotic supercars and the classics where there are more demand. Modern mass production models are getting less attention nowadays.

Aoshima has released a lot of new lambo kits for both old and new models. And the fully open huayra looks really good. But the thought of apply cf decals on the chassis pulls me off.  

I think Tamiya can still go Stargek in Paya Lebar. Very big store.

*600th post

Edited by DACH
↡ Advertisement