COE down, those bought at high COE how?

starofall

Is an upgrade 100%.

You no longer love your current ride

You love your potential new ride.

That's exactly what I am going through now.. Painstakingly waiting for my new car  :wub:

Cannot always look at $ number to change car.

There are many other reasons, like current car giving mechanical problems, owner getting sick of current car, owner want bigger car now, new car has better technology, etc

If only lose 20k-30k, why not change? Take 20-30k and divde over next 10 yrs, its peanuts

Wow, 20k-30k not money ah?

Some people save 10 years also don't have $30k.

• Praise 3

Actually I feel that buying car now is bohua a sense that the money is actually going to dealer's margins, unless you are buying something like Porsche where they list the cars w/o COE.

When COE was very high in, I think 2013, e.g. BMW 5 series (520i) was around $240K. When COE dropped almost 40K from the peak, and the same car is still going for around $220K. So the COE went down $40K but car price only went down $20K. More $ is actually going into dealer margins.

so far COE still don't down significantly since 2 years ago propaganda keeps shouting COE down, very soon COE tsunami will end, this round COE down can shut up liao [laugh]  

• Praise 1

so far COE still don't down significantly since 2 years ago propaganda keeps shouting COE down, very soon COE tsunami will end, this round COE down can shut up liao [laugh]

Some people not rational lah... coe tsunami starting to die down already. There is still chance for coe to drop but the chance is getting smaller everyday. Buy and enjoy your car if you can! YOLO!
  • Praise 1

so far COE still don't down significantly since 2 years ago propaganda keeps shouting COE down, very soon COE tsunami will end, this round COE down can shut up liao [laugh]  

90K become 50K is not down then wat? up?

• Praise 1

That's because economy no good that's why you see 50k,if good very fast will go to 70k again.

Actually I feel that buying car now is bohua a sense that the money is actually going to dealer's margins, unless you are buying something like Porsche where they list the cars w/o COE.

When COE was very high in, I think 2013, e.g. BMW 5 series (520i) was around $240K. When COE dropped almost 40K from the peak, and the same car is still going for around $220K. So the COE went down $40K but car price only went down $20K. More $ is actually going into dealer margins.

Coe never ready tie to car price.That's why I said Coe drop sometimes car more expensive.

So wait for Coe drop for what?if can buy,if can't buy new then renew,if can't renew,just don't drive.

Edited by Sktan10
  • Praise 1

i think what he meant was and many feel the same that

$90K COE, 520i @ $240K

$50K COE, 520i @ $220K

same same but not much difference feeling ... the $220K car probably lesser specs [mad]

so ... to buy a 520i ... COE $90k or $50K ... sama sama kena chopped by dealer

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

$90K COE, 520i @ $240K

$50K COE, 520i @ $220K

same same but not much difference feeling ... the $220K car probably lesser specs [mad]

Due to arf changes in 2013? Last time 100% of omv. Now there is the tiered calculation.

I bought my car in 2008 at 4k COE, that was significant low COE  :D

But still, there is surely a group of people think its high at that time.

COE is never ending. I wonder What is the definition of low COE.

My friend tell me if coe $30k he sure buy a car, But when COE really drop and maintain at $30k they will think again.

One day if COE drop to $1, People will think i shouldn't be paying for COE. lol

But still, there is surely a group of people think its high at that time.

COE is never ending. I wonder What is the definition of low COE.

My friend tell me if coe $30k he sure buy a car, But when COE really drop and maintain at $30k they will think again.

One day if COE drop to $1, People will think i shouldn't be paying for COE. lol

there will always be people who are never satisfied. it's not just buying car. buying property, buying shoes, buying chicken rice, paying taxes, same mentality. let them be. the whiners will always be whiners. 

the key here is that we ourselves know when is the time to buy, and when is the time to sell to benefit from the situation. 

$90K COE, 520i @ $240K

$50K COE, 520i @ $220K

That's why renew coe