COE down, those bought at high COE how?

starofall

If you bought a car at high price means you bought at high price, whether it is worth it or not by rolling the life in the form of a new but cheaper car is subjective.

Subjective to what?

Subjective to how long you will drive the new car, how much difference in interest, how much difference in base value.

In life there is a price to pay for certainty and convenience. This may be the reason why there is no point in chasing or playing the COE game.

Nowadays people buy BMW also ask...

Is the FC good?

I think FC is an important factor.

↡ Advertisement

Is the FC good?

My FC sibei jialat.

1 liter only gives 5.6km

crazy-spoiler-grill.jpg

Thanks for the idea.

I'm gonna fix a rear spoiler wing on mine and throw away the BBQ pit in the garden.

Is the FC good?

My advice:

Buy Altis & change the emblem to propeller.

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Depreciation on the old car doesn't matter -

it's gone, the money has been eaten.

Instead of all sorts of complex financial decisions just make it straightforward and simple.

The basic idea is that you can get a new car with no additional cash outlay - so why not?

No deposit to pay - because this is offset by the difference in the COE, payments remain the same. Who wouldn't get a new car in that situation?

You are essentially paying nothing for a new three year warranty. To not do it would be rather foolish

(edited)

every car is a depreciation asset ... once the car is out of the showroom ... price drop 20% liao

drive in old car and drive out new car without or with little top up is the "perfect strategy" for car salesman to sell car ...

if car salesman need to wait car owner to change car every 10 years ... jiak sai liao ... lol

You should ask yourself how long more you intend to drive that car. After 3 years, if you can exchange the car for a similar model (no extra cash required) with 10 year COE then why not? Don't need to harp on depreciation.

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Not worth. If you have high coe car, you would also have to sell a lot lower when coe crash. Means you buy a much cheaper car but your existing car also fetch far less.

Supercharged

Aiya, ppl are just being optimistic.

Say stuff to console themselves.

Whoever came up with COE is the winner. The one paying to get COE is the loser. Period.

Agree. That's why they encourage pple switching to public transport so that consumers will feel like a winner, saving all the $$$. TAMPON..

• Praise 6

Hypersonic

Is the FC good?

I know your FC very very good. ...

every car is a depreciation asset ... once the car is out of the showroom ... price drop 20% liao

drive in old car and drive out new car without or with little top up is the "perfect strategy" for car salesman to sell car ...

if car salesman need to wait car owner to change car every 10 years ... jiak sai liao ... lol

Not true for those buy at low COE and sell at high COE. of course he must not buy another car.

Hypersonic

Here's a chart for easier understanding using the Jetta example above.

X axis is years

Y axis is amount spent in terms of depreciation

Blue line is keeping a high COE car for 10 years till scrap.

Red line is selling a high COE car at 3rd year to replace with a low COE car.

attachicon.gifJettaCoeCrash.png

The numbers does not make sense. The red line is constantly above the blue, i.e. higher spending.

The breakeven point is at the 9th year.

This is not considering any financing losses incurred during early loan settlement, and other opportunistic losses with the money spent towards the early years of car ownership.

the value of the happiness derived by the owner from driving a newer car vs the older car outweighs the area between the lines + whatever other losses

:D

• Praise 1

(edited)

buying car (in spore context) is already an "irrational" decision

if really need a car to travel from point A to B ... bmw/merc/audi showroom should be ghost town

changing car every 2-3 years merely extend the irrational decision for greater happiness [thumbsup]

need mock to post the picture ... SONG BO ???

the value of the happiness derived by the owner from driving a newer car vs the older car outweighs the area between the lines + whatever other losses

:D

Edited by Wt_know

Can I safely assume that CAT B cars with high COE (most of 2012 period) is not worth to purchase unless used car dealers offers a ridiculous price?

(edited)

Depreciation on the old car doesn't matter -

it's gone, the money has been eaten.

Instead of all sorts of complex financial decisions just make it straightforward and simple.

The basic idea is that you can get a new car with no additional cash outlay - so why not?

No deposit to pay - because this is offset by the difference in the COE, payments remain the same. Who wouldn't get a new car in that situation?

You are essentially paying nothing for a new three year warranty. To not do it would be rather foolish

You think everybody pay off their car full meh... people got loan to redeem. Even if you take the example of a Jetta, down 50% is $60K. You pay for 3 years, you still owe the bank $20K maybe, then you sell the car for $60K. You take back $40K only. Then go and buy a new car $70K? Where got money leftover?

I will thank you... for changing car often... so I can buy it on the 2nd hand market. Hehehe.

Can I safely assume that CAT B cars with high COE (most of 2012 period) is not worth to purchase unless used car dealers offers a ridiculous price?

Question is are you willing to shell out for a new car downpayment?

New E class maybe $220K, downpay $110K

2012 E class maybe $160K+, downpay $80K

$30K is still a significant amount of money. Don't forget the 2012 car will also have lower installments.

That's why the used cars are still holding good value...

Edited by Detach8
  • Praise 3

Question is are you willing to shell out for a new car downpayment?

New E class maybe $220K, downpay $110K

2012 E class maybe $160K+, downpay $80K

$30K is still a significant amount of money. Don't forget the 2012 car will also have lower installments.

That's why the used cars are still holding good value...

Thanks for the illustration.

New 2015 vs Used 2012. One just to pay $30K diff for a new extension of over 3 years.

And a brand new car to boot.

So the thing is which I want to discover is, cars with high COE, are not worth one's while to purchase?

Thanks for the illustration.

New 2015 vs Used 2012. One just to pay $30K diff for a new extension of over 3 years.

And a brand new car to boot.

So the thing is which I want to discover is, cars with high COE, are not worth one's while to purchase?

60k difference, not 30k. Add in the extra interest...and there you have it.

60k difference, not 30k. Add in the extra interest...and there you have it.

My bad. Thks for pointing out.

↡ Advertisement