COE down, those bought at high COE how?

starofall

What to do... same like many other big ticket purchases in singapore which fluctuate...

take deep breath, blow out, bend over and swing knee to head.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

COE will continue to bottom out for these reasons:

1) A higher COE Supply, 900 COE for Cat A 2 years ago, now 2000+

2) Demand may actually fall due to uncertain economy coupled with an increase in supply, price will drop according to economics.

3) if u look at the coe trend also, Lehman brothers collapsed in Sept 2008, before Sept 2008 COE was hovering at $15,000, look at the months that follow after the collapse which was the beginning of the financial crisis. COE plunged to 1k in 5 months. Note that Spore got out of it really quickly too. So for those who refuse to wait, dont blame anyone la, suck thumb lor, it was a bad financial decision.

Edited by Kazuya
  • Praise 1

i've checked.

My car paper value as of last week is 60k plus. if the selling price of a new car is lower than that, i'll change.

Will happen, maybe new Kia Rio can go below 60k.

So you ok to downgrade?

i've checked.

My car paper value as of last week is 60k plus. if the selling price of a new car is lower than that, i'll change.

Will there also be higher body value since car is pretty new? Doesn't make any sense that a new car be scrapped..

Those with high COE are those who bought in 2012-2013 at the 80-90k level. 50-60k is not too bad as I expect COE to drop to at most the 30-40k level, at most you lose 20k over 10 years which is only 2k/year. It is a bit sayang but if you can afford a car, 2k/year is pocket change.

• Praise 1

It doesn't make sense to keep a high COE car when the depreciation is higher.

What are the options for recent car buyers with high COE?

Or even 2nd hand car buyers with high price but low COE? I feel this group is the worst. As they don't even have high paper value.

1) wait for 5th year scrap as it is at its highest paper value

2) trade in a conti car at AD for high over trade

3)...

Similar to ur nick, can only exclaim shimatta..

jokes aside, usual trend will b to dereg before five years. Whichever way, still lose big time. Buying cars here somehow similar to buying shares, except if buy car at high price, sure lose more due to dimishing value.

Downgrade to smaller new car or continue driving.

Drive on till scrap and forget about high or low coe. Don't come to car forum to make yourself feel so dumb bec all the Big Big Bears would have swallowed up the last remaining scrawny Bull.

Spend your precious time elsewhere. 

your deprec per year is already fixed, so instead of say 12k depr/year, new cars with low coe may depr 10k/year.

Impact limited over ten years

For those with itchy backside and want to come back with a vengeance...

Coe prices will climb again in 3-4 years time, sell your old car then

or sell your old car at a loss and buy your dream car at reduced price 

Old car or New car, as long as you are happy with it, everything else are red dusts,

• Praise 9

It doesn't make sense to keep a high COE car when the depreciation is higher.

What are the options for recent car buyers with high COE?

Or even 2nd hand car buyers with high price but low COE? I feel this group is the worst. As they don't even have high paper value.

1) wait for 5th year scrap as it is at its highest paper value

2) trade in a conti car at AD for high over trade

3)...

first, nobody ask u all buy when coe prices are high.

next, coe prices will continue to drop, so might as well just wait before anything else.

finally, just enjoy ur ride since u already bought it? if not even now sell ur car, also paper value and car value also not worth it de..at most sell off car, only get back some amount, also lugi(lose money).. sell also lose money, no sell also like that lor.. so just enjoy.. ^_^

Actually the real problem is people who bought Cars with high COE like 70K plus till 90k before the 40-50% down payment rule kicks in.

Assuming their down payment is low, their installment is high then with low COE now and also a gloomy economic outlook. if they lose their jobs, they cant keep their cars de. They sell pointless nobody will want their cars cos potential buyers rather pay abit more and get the new car.

Those vultures at auctions earn liao, the poor folks whom cant pay get their vehicles towed and wait for their judgement call. 

• Praise 2

Buying a car in $ingapore is as risky as investing in the stock market!

U never know what will happen tomorrow. [bigcry]

For those who bought high, I feel sorry for them.

Edited by Aaronlkl
  • Praise 10

Buy high ones.... enjoying their cars

Buy low ones.... enjoying their cars

Waiting to buy ones.... waiting to enjoy

Cheers!

Ha ha ha

hahahhaha..soooo true.....happy CNY bro!  Huat ah!!!

Buying a car in $ingapore is as risky as investing in the stock market!

U never know what will happen tomorrow. [bigcry]

For those who bought high, I feel sorry for them.

well at least you still have your high coe car to unleash your pain on...

lavish it, love it, make lots of love in it... make yourself feel better

stocks? i still have lots of creative shares bought in late 90s, and keppel shares bought last year....

can do the square root of f**k all with them :D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6