COE down, those bought at high COE how?

starofall

Ya, agree, don't be a slave to a car, knn, backside itchy, see people or friends all buy car,see coe down so go buy a car out, cannot swim but insist to go swim. End up in office kana f**ked upside down by boss, wan throw letter but suddenly your precious car at car park don't know how come seems to be talking to you, still got installment to pay each month. Suck thump....work on, push on like a dog because got car installment.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 11

Ya, agree, don't be a slave to a car, knn, backside itchy, see people or friends all buy car,see coe down so go buy a car out, cannot swim but insist to go swim. End up in office kana f**ked upside down by boss, wan throw letter but suddenly your precious car at car park don't know how come seems to be talking to you, still got installment to pay each month. Suck thump....work on, push on like a dog because got car installment.

Car loan still OK.

It's the housing loan that kills. Public housing can fetch 1 million. I worry for our kids. How are they to afford a home in future.

• Praise 2

Primary 3 math question  :a-confused:

I am driving a honda freed, registered 2009.  I bought it for 60k in 2009 with COE at 4k.

Some Dealers are offering about 60k for my car now.   :a-happy:

Should I let it go and get a new car at 120K ( topping up another 60k for a new car) at current COE price of 62k?

or should I drive till the end and hope that COE will drop in the future?

How to do this math question as I am in a dilemma now !!!   Pls help.   [sweatdrop]

You can sell your 2009 Freed for at least $50K now ( conservative price, below mkt rate).

If you don't need such a big car, can down grade to eg. NISSAN Note or Mitsubishi Attrage at $76K.

Top up $26k for a new car . why not? Sell high, buy low, considering that your existing COE value is very low, hence low paper value.

Ur car is ur best personal adviser haha

Car loan still OK.

It's the housing loan that kills. Public housing can fetch 1 million. I worry for our kids. How are they to afford a home in future.

Don't have lah

Our current MND minister doing a good job. BTO is at most half price of the high resale units.

So $500k is still affordable when one max out the loan tenure.

So if a person buy at age 30, loan tenure of 30 yrs, only 5yrs need to pay cash after age 55 when OA close.

Earn 2k a month also can own HDB, but definitely difficult to buy car.

You buy house, it can appreciate. You buy share it can appreciate or tank. You buy a car, it is only 10 years and depreciate to 0. The more transaction you do, the better is for the middle man. The only time you have lesser depreciation is to buy at lower COE than you bought before.

Now everyday the stock market tanks, the stock market usually tank before the economy hits the normal people. Is changing car more important now than preserving money for bad time? Interest rate is going down for Europe and Japan and USA may hold on interest rises. You paid nearly 3 percent for a car that depreciate to scrap value in 10 years? Unless really a must, it is your choice

• Praise 3

Car loan still OK.

Buy woodlands 4rm bto

Consperm cheap

Don't have lah

Our current MND minister doing a good job. BTO is at most half price of the high resale units.

So $500k is still affordable when one max out the loan tenure.

So if a person buy at age 30, loan tenure of 30 yrs, only 5yrs need to pay cash after age 55 when OA close.

Earn 2k a month also can own HDB, but definitely difficult to buy car.

2k buy car?

[grin]

As I read through the postings, I get more confused with so many scenarios. So ultimately, it depends on many factors if you should change your car.

I have another scenario to ask. What happen if I buy a 2-4 years old BMW that owner wishes to scrap due to high COE and renew with the low COE for the next 10 years. If the total sum is less than $100K, isn't it worth the $10K depreciation per year even I don't get a dollar at then end of 10 years?

Those on high COE will be like previous case, export lor. The cycle is back again

I am still very unclear about the deregistration thing. i went to onemotoring .. check on my value at degre.. about 100k. will i get body money too? one year old e class here with 78k coe. will body money be like 20k? and then total 120k? outstanding loan 90k+... meaning i take back only 30k? new car of equivalent drepre is about 18k . my ride now if dont dereg depre is about 20k. different 2k and i need to refork out money again to down a new car. am i right?

Tia gong cars with high COE is a good thing.

When I see car ad in sgcm, dealer will say all sorts of good things about the car including high COE.

• Praise 1

Tia gong cars with high COE is a good thing.

When I see car ad in sgcm, dealer will say all sorts of good things about the car including high COE.

not true. if u drive till scrap.. who cares whether coe high or low.. main thing is overall cost must be low.

even if u dont drive till scrap.. your car value is determine by the cost of new car at point of sale. if then coe crash, your high coe maybe can take back more at dereg.. but again when crash.. you already lost money.. 

so honestly i cannot link the logic of high coe is a good thing for use car. the only logic i see is u have crash coe and when the coe rocket u sell u make money.

Simple lar. After serving your loan(if you took one) which is 5 years(according to the loan restriction max 5years loan tenure) or 3 years deregister or trade-in to buy new car. It's like last time every 3-5 years change new car practice. High COE? Can eat or not? :D

Edited by Watwheels

Well one of the positive aspects is when the coe is high, usually you won't see much down spec of cars going on.

But since you already bought with high coe, why ask here? ask your car lo, maybe your car will respond with some answers :D