COE down, those bought at high COE how?

starofall

Ah ya, why worry if purchase at high COE period? After 2 to 3 years later, it will be back to square when COE is high again.

Shhhh, let the fortune tellers have fun in their newfound knowledge!

↡ Advertisement

You do know that you replied to a 2015 post right?

Anyway it's not as simple as topping up 26K if he took a car loan. Still need to settle outstanding loan with bank leh.

You can sell your 2009 Freed for at least $50K now ( conservative price, below mkt rate).

If you don't need such a big car, can down grade to eg. NISSAN Note or Mitsubishi Attrage at $76K.

Top up $26k for a new car . why not? Sell high, buy low, considering that your existing COE value is very low, hence low paper value.

I am still very unclear about the deregistration thing. i went to onemotoring .. check on my value at degre.. about 100k. will i get body money too? one year old e class here with 78k coe. will body money be like 20k? and then total 120k? outstanding loan 90k+... meaning i take back only 30k? new car of equivalent drepre is about 18k . my ride now if dont dereg depre is about 20k. different 2k and i need to refork out money again to down a new car. am i right?

2nd hand mkt asking for 180k for 2014 E200...  

you want to let go at 120k???

2nd hand mkt asking for 180k for 2014 E200...  

you want to let go at 120k???

no la.. .just quoting an example if my understanding is right

I am still very unclear about the deregistration thing. i went to onemotoring .. check on my value at degre.. about 100k. will i get body money too? one year old e class here with 78k coe. will body money be like 20k? and then total 120k? outstanding loan 90k+... meaning i take back only 30k? new car of equivalent drepre is about 18k . my ride now if dont dereg depre is about 20k. different 2k and i need to refork out money again to down a new car. am i right?

For so new cars like yours shouldn't go to onemotoring to check your deregistering amount.

You should go to SGcarmart to check roughly how much you car at selling now at 2nd hand market. From there then minus like 8 to 12k (margin for the dealer).

If you want to sell your one year old E class at $120K, please pm me. I give you another ang bao on top of $120K.

• Praise 1

Those bought at high coe, need to calculate properly before selling ... better drive till scrap(as mentioned by some people here)...cuz got paper value... if u still when coe is low, also wont get back much money .. only paper value ...worth it mehh? Ownself think..

Those bought at high coe, need to calculate properly before selling ... better drive till scrap(as mentioned by some people here)...cuz got paper value... if u still when coe is low, also wont get back much money .. only paper value ...worth it mehh? Ownself think..

So what is "high coe"? Can you define? 30k? 40k? 50k? 60k? 70k? 80k? 90k? 100k?

Anything above 40k currently 100% of current owners?

not true. if u drive till scrap.. who cares whether coe high or low.. main thing is overall cost must be low.

even if u dont drive till scrap.. your car value is determine by the cost of new car at point of sale. if then coe crash, your high coe maybe can take back more at dereg.. but again when crash.. you already lost money..

so honestly i cannot link the logic of high coe is a good thing for use car. the only logic i see is u have crash coe and when the coe rocket u sell u make money.

Actually the more someone is planning to drive to scrap, the more one should scrap and get a new car with low coe. The main consideration is the margin made by the dealer and price of car bought at high coe.

Say if u got a car at 90k Coe and car was 125k. If Coe drops to 20k and car price falls to 55k.

Assuming that one can scrap at 65k after 3 years, meaning 60k spent for last 3 years (without including interest payment to bank). 60k+55k=115k for 13 years of use plus get new car (cheaper than 125k for 10 years). Not forgetting when Coe rises after buying at low 20k coe, one may choose to sell that newer car, maybe with some profit.

If Coe drops to 10k or lower, then the choice to scrap becomes even clearer.

Correct me if I am wrong here as I know calculations here are based on simplistic assumptions so disclaim first before kana flamed.

Edited by Invigorated

assuming a $90K coe ... after 3 years ... COE alone can take back $63K

when you say COE crash ... means COE $30K?

if COE $30K ... a new car probably less than $100k

so, trade in a 3 years old $90K coe probably can get a new car with no or little top up

can drive a brand NEW car again for the next 10 years ... worth it or not?

if continue to drive the 3 years old $90K coe car ... COE alone 1 year depreciation is $9K !

depends on how 1 see worth it or not ...

if you talk to car agent ... the answer is sibei worth it ... buy buy buy

then the tsunami of scrapping and buying ...

2nd hand car dealers how?? 

bets is to drive till scrapped.. no matter what coe u got... at least still have paper value.. sell off when coe is low also no use, ur car body wont get much also..

everything is about Depreciation.. if high COE make your car dep 13k per year, it will be more worthy to get a car with lower COE where the dep may b around 7-9k... 

Actually the more someone is planning to drive to scrap, the more one should scrap and get a new car with low coe. The main consideration is the margin made by the dealer and price of car bought at high coe.

Say if u got a car at 90k Coe and car was 125k. If Coe drops to 20k and car price falls to 55k.

Assuming that one can scrap at 65k after 3 years, meaning 60k spent for last 3 years (without including interest payment to bank). 60k+55k=115k for 13 years of use plus get new car (cheaper than 125k for 10 years). Not forgetting when Coe rises after buying at low 20k coe, one may choose to sell that newer car, maybe with some profit.

If Coe drops to 10k or lower, then the choice to scrap becomes even clearer.

Correct me if I am wrong here as I know calculations here are based on simplistic assumptions so disclaim first before kana flamed.

isnt what u said same as what i said? hahah.. so what the 2nd hand dealer tell about high coe when u buy used car has not meaning. it still voice down the coe situation at the point of selling or scrapping.

everything is about Depreciation.. if high COE make your car dep 13k per year, it will be more worthy to get a car with lower COE where the dep may b around 7-9k...

but if sell off the car which bought at high coe, the dealers also wont willing to pay back much ... so end up also lose money if sell off to get a lower coe...might as well just live with it..drive n enjoy ride..no need think too much. Edited by Fruit-tart

if under bank loan, rule 78 (20% of the interest from loan) apply. However laterly, I realized that some banks do not penalize early redemption.

Theres a restriction (penalty imposed) to sell car that is below 2yo?

What amount is this penalty?

Edited by Axela72
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1