Scuba diving

dcb

Any scuba divers?

yes, I graduate from PADI (dive association and not Malay for rice). Currently holding a divemaster card. Can't be bothered to do the instructor course because every year need to teach several students to renew licence. Good business model.

Last dive was at Great Barrier Reef but was disappointed because instruct was my buddy a topo king. Followed by a few dive at Moreton Island saw some migrating whales but not as big as seen in National Geographic.

If you dive have you dive off at John island, there was a sunken motorise wooden boat with I think is a black coral. This was a few years back and I hope nobody cut it and took it home.

Can share your experience?

Edited by Ash2017
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

You DM with which local DC?

Got my PADI OW in Pulau Hantu. Did a few leisure dives there before getting my AOW in Tioman. After that did a few dives there and then went to Rendang, Bali, Maldives.

yes, I graduate from PADI (dive association and not Malay for rice). Currently holding a divemaster card. Can't be bothered to do the instructor course because every year need to teach several students to renew licence. Good business model.

Last dive was at Great Barrier Reef but was disappointed because instruct was my buddy a topo king. Followed by a few dive at Moreton Island saw some migrating whales but not as big as seen in National Geographic.

If you dive have you dive off at John island, there was a sunken motorise wooden boat with I think is a black coral. This was a few years back and I hope nobody cut it and took it home.

Can share your experience?

Edited by Discoburg

Turbocharged

i believe the nearest to sg dive spots where the waters are reasonably clear are at the southermost tip of batam islands. You have to get to batam and cross six bridges to get there (bridges and roads are new) and then a very short boat ride.

much nearer than bintan or tioman, and clearer than pulau hantu obviously.

i havent tried as  only do muff diving these days.

Edited by Karoon
  • Praise 1

I thought Batam's visibility is just better then pulau hantu thats all.

Muff diving is all the rage now. No need BC, reg, wetsuit etc 

i believe the nearest to sg dive spots where the waters are reasonably clear are at the southermost tip of batam islands. You have to get to batam and cross six bridges to get there (bridges and roads are new) and then a very short boat ride.

much nearer than bintan or tioman, and clearer than pulau hantu obviously.

i havent tried as  only do muff diving these days.

Just curious, anyone try free diving?

Learn to tolerate CO2 built up before surface to breath. I watch on youtube and find it amazing especially spearfishing via free diving. The fish is curious of the hunter and being hunted

So are you into freestyle diving? I do have friends who are doing it.

Learn to tolerate CO2 built up before surface to breath. I watch on youtube and find it amazing especially spearfishing via free diving. The fish is curious of the hunter and being hunted

I like to try free diving this year at Bali Menjagang island.

This dive site is good for free diving. The community of fishes is very good

Even at shallow water there are plenty of varieties of fish inclusive of house turtle and big green moray eel.

Every year I visit this dive site (Oct/Nov period)

Do give it a try.

I have been diving at a Nusa Penida yearly too. Only interested in crystal Bay.

Which operator do you dive with?

I like to try free diving this year at Bali Menjagang island.

This dive site is good for free diving. The community of fishes is very good

Even at shallow water there are plenty of varieties of fish inclusive of house turtle and big green moray eel.

Every year I visit this dive site (Oct/Nov period)

Lovina Padi Dive.

They are not the best, but I am comfortable with their dive master.

We share our experiences and sighting always.

The best sighting I encountered in my entire scada dive was two huge grouper (1.5 meter long) biting a poor puffer fish ( balloon up) refused to let go to one another. Just like the example of two fighting fish with jaw locked, refused to let go for very long time. This has been my memory of underwater world

• Praise 1

Lovina Padi Dive.

They are not the best, but I am comfortable with their dive master.

We share our experiences and sighting always.

The best sighting I encountered in my entire scada dive was two huge grouper (1.5 meter long) biting a poor puffer fish ( balloon up) refused to let go to one another. Just like the example of two fighting fish with jaw locked, refused to let go for very long time. This has been my memory of underwater world

That’s quite a sight. Mine will either be the mola saw at crystal bay or the many sharks and marble rays during the night dive in Maldives.
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

That’s quite a sight. Mine will either be the mola saw at crystal bay or the many sharks and marble rays during the night dive in Maldives.

You have a lot of hobbies.  [laugh]

Wouldn't call scuba diving a hobby. :a-fun:

Anyway i am happy that you started noticing about me, BFF. :a-dinner:

You have a lot of hobbies.  [laugh]

Edited by Discoburg

Like to check if anyone beside scuba, do you do fishing too?

I am sure there will be divers do not fish so that to protect and conserve the marine community.

Of course, we do not fish around marine park or conservation protected area.

Not into fishing but I love to eat fish though.

Like to check if anyone beside scuba, do you do fishing too?

I am sure there will be divers do not fish so that to protect and conserve the marine community.

Of course, we do not fish around marine park or conservation protected area.

When scuba diving, I will often do freediving as well. With some training you can comfortably go down to 100ft or hover a while at 60ft.

Try not to overstretch yourself as there is a danger of free diving blackout which has happened to me before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freediving_blackout

• Praise 2

(edited)

Hi all,

I learned the beginner freediving and breathing method from youtube.

I started with a single breath for only 40sec under water, but now able to hold 120sec (2min)

I tried using snorkel & fin swimming under water (6ft) and achieved approx 90sec in condo pool

To avoid blackout, do not hyperventilating according to youtube. Just relax and compose yourself before go underwater

The more you relax, the longer you can stay underwater as I have experienced.

A new experience of underwater now.

Edited by Tcx607
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2