Zhi char cheap & good

Hamburger

Is it near Handle Bar?

nope!

but if you know Handle Bar, you'd definitely pass the Sembawang Road prior hitting the park

there's the one & only shophouse left there!

with 2 zhi char stalls, at each corners . . . with a recent indoor chinese restaurant . . .

I believe TS' recommendation is the one at the other end w/o the big crab signboard. . .

the one with big crab signboard used to be good, but its the other one that can be seen crowded nowadays

cheers

Edited by A_korusawa
↡ Advertisement

nope!

but if you know Handle Bar, you'd definitely pass the Sembawang Road prior hitting the park

with 2 zhi char stalls, at each corners . . . with a recent indoor chinese restaurant . . .

I believe TS' recommendation is the one at the other end w/o the big crab signboard. . .

the one with big crab signboard used to be good, but its the other one that can be seen crowded nowadays

cheers

FYI to all . . . .

that shophouse used to be very heavily patronised by the US marines, soldiers, and the very notorious 369 in those 70s-80s days!

there were few famous Indian prata stalls/shops there long long ago

and this is where 'Roti Jon' was 1st created there . . .

those were the times!

Turbocharged

bro, this thread is zhi char talk, you should post in that tiko thread or something . . .

anyway, about your recommendation . . . dinno you have such interest.

Huh? I'm talking about cze char shop.

i actually find the white bee hoon so so nia. queue gets ridiculously long at times.

along the same stretch, there is a East Bistro. Serves much better food. Quite reasonably priced too. 

The chef was a hongkie previously from Lei Garden.

You can do a takeaway to avoid the nightmarish Q, It takes about 20 mins at most to wait for your order.

The bee hoon taste like hokkien mee and I kind of like it especially with the tangy chilli sauce. It retains its moisture yet has a firm bite even if you eat it at home around 30 mins later. The salted egg sotong is nice too   

• Praise 1

nope!

cheers

Alamak no leh.....me referring to the recent one with air con that is in the middle of shop house. Not at either ends.

Your recommendation has no business. Everyone else is talking about white beehoon. [laugh]

Also have white been hook there. Me ordered to eat as appetiser.

Edited by Hamburger
  • Praise 1

Anyone tried new ubin seafood at sin ming? The zichar is like western fusion and the food all taste quite unique, but its not cheap.

Anyone tried new ubin seafood at sin ming? The zichar is like western fusion and the food all taste quite unique, but its not cheap.

been there once/twice  ... lots of mossy .......   :wacko: They have a fried bee hoon . that one not bad . The only dish like 

• Praise 1

me dont usually make recommendation but feel impelled to share this ulu place where good food is served.

its along sembawang road that leads to sembawang beach where it is located in the middle of the only shop house there.

10 pax ordered 9 dishes and it cost less than $120. Portion is ok and everyone are full, not to mention ite well cooked too. Try the 白米粉 as a starter....

if you don't mind can you drop a pin in google map for that stall location?

very much appreciated 

been there once/twice  ... lots of mossy .......   :wacko: They have a fried bee hoon . that one not bad . The only dish like 

It's at the edge of a dengue hotspot!

I am also lost. Recommmended a cze char shop and labelled as tiko :a-bang:[bigcry][:p]

Hahaha maybe wrong frequency ... i think i been there once . Is it at the back lane ?

It's at the edge of a dengue hotspot!

Was there afew yrs back . No dengue that time . Now wont wan to go there ...
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

Yeah bro. Now i also dun dare to share good eats (FOOD) in Geylang liao keke.

Hahaha maybe wrong frequency ... i think i been there once . Is it at the back lane ?...

Thought their signature dish is heart attack fried rice and their beef steak.

These aren't things my parents or in laws will eat, so i never brought them.

Thought their signature dish is heart attack fried rice and their beef steak.

These aren't things my parents or in laws will eat, so i never brought them.

They have quite a few signature dish. Their hokkien prawn mee very special taste.
  • Praise 1

thanks for the warning. I try to avoid high mosquito density areas. my girl's skin reacts badly to mozzie bites. lot of scars.

thanks for the warning. I try to avoid high mosquito density areas. my girl's skin reacts badly to mozzie bites. lot of scars.

Can reserve for aircon seats, but limited seat though.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1