• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
64 replies to this topic | 150 praises

Posted 15 February 2016 - 05:27 PM

Clement
  • Premium member
    Clement
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi,

If you got a pair of two-way component speakers in front and a pair of two-way co-axial speakers at the rear powered by a decent 4 channel amplifier, is it still necessary to install a subwoofer plus dedicated amp in the boot?

I certainly do not want to get that thunderous killer bass which can be heard outside of the car!

Thanks.

Posted 16 February 2016 - 10:23 AM

Dscheng
  • Premium member
    Dscheng
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi,

If you got a pair of two-way component speakers in front and a pair of two-way co-axial speakers at the rear powered by a decent 4 channel amplifier, is it still necessary to install a subwoofer plus dedicated amp in the boot?

I certainly do not want to get that thunderous killer bass which can be heard outside of the car!

Thanks.

Not enough lolz. I on same feeling as you. I added a active subwoofer, small and compact yet quite decent sound.

**Mad about Pseuda & Shrimp ~!!!
2007-Civic EG, 2009-Lancer EX, 2012-JDM WRX,
2012-Civic FD, 2014-Lancer CS3M, 2015- H Stream RSZ.

Posted 16 February 2016 - 10:57 AM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hi,

Thanks.

Thought you just answered your own question?

"I certainly do not want to get that thunderous killer bass which can be heard outside of the car!"

Posted 16 February 2016 - 11:05 AM

Runforyourlife
  • Premium member
    Runforyourlife
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Thought you just answered your own question?

"I certainly do not want to get that thunderous killer bass which can be heard outside of the car!"

Hahaha that's what i thought too.

Just need general justification on his wants so as to feel better. normal human mentality.

Posted 16 February 2016 - 11:32 AM

Clement
  • Premium member
    Clement
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Not enough lolz. I on same feeling as you. I added a active subwoofer, small and compact yet quite decent sound.

Hmm... have not considered such equipment. Any suggestions on what to get? 

Thanks.

Posted 16 February 2016 - 11:44 AM

Sunny
  • Premium member
    Sunny
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Clement, on 15 Feb 2016 - 5:27 PM, said:

Hi,

Thanks.

depending on what music you listen to

bass adds the oomph

can get smaller subwoofer 8" or 10" and a mono bloc amp.

Diehard fans usually go for 12" but takes up boot space and extra weight.

or soft bass, get active subwoofer no need for amp

Most people put under seat but heard it gives butt a soft "bumping" feeling lolx

Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:23 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

For music, tweeter, mid and woofer is required to produce the 3 different frequent.

If your component & co-axial has both tweeter & mid, where is your bass?

Even classic music also got bass hor.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:49 PM

BengGaBoy
  • BengGaBoy
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

What kind of sound system to get for the following requirements:

1. Basically listen to techno music

2. Wanted small and light weight

Any price indication ?  Brand not important and basically for the kick of it (like driving in a mini disco to drive my blues away especially in a jam)

Cheers

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:59 AM

Clement
  • Premium member
    Clement
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

depending on what music you listen to

bass adds the oomph

or soft bass, get active subwoofer no need for amp

Most people put under seat but heard it gives butt a soft "bumping" feeling lolx

Wow! Afterwards the butt got massaging feeling, feel shiok then cannot drive properly!!!

Think boot placement will be better.

Found one such subwoofer made by Focal: Ibus 20.

See photo.

Has anyone installed this subwoofer? Comments?

Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails

• ibus-20.jpg

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:49 AM

Sunny
  • Premium member
    Sunny
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

active subwoofer put in boot not much effect..(that's why most put seat below)

but better see if can test first before purchase.

Aaronlkl and 2BDriver praised this

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:04 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

For me I feel that in a car the acoustics are bad becoz of the tire noise, road noise and engine noise from other vehicles. And sometimes you need noise as feedback. That is why audio in my car is never a priority.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:12 AM

Dscheng
  • Premium member
    Dscheng
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hmm... have not considered such equipment. Any suggestions on what to get? 

Thanks.

My active subwoofer is pioneer TS-WX120A. No additional amp required. My installer connect straight to my HU.

So far I am quite pleased with the sound performance. I also install under driver seat, when increasing the volume, really can feel the boom boom haha. Especially if you want something small and light music.

My setup is similar with you. Front is 2 way components speaker, rear is 2 way coaxial speaker and powered with 4 channel amp.

Added this active sub really make all the sound system complete. I am thinking to do sound proofing lolz. Poison never end one.

If you want to add active sub, pm me. The famous FL meng quote a very good price and decent workmanship from him.

Future upgrade list?

3 way components speaker?

59B3593E-9EF0-4911-B255-FEE587A6B785_zps

Edited by Dscheng, 20 February 2016 - 08:19 AM.

Axela72 and lausai88 praised this

Posted 20 February 2016 - 09:52 AM

Ishiwgao
  • Premium member
    Ishiwgao
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I'd like to clarify this statement. 8", 10" and 12" subwoofer gives different kinds of sound (or ooomph). bigger isn't always better. in fact, bigger (12") means more sound, while smaller (8") gives more ooomph. depends on what you are looking for.

To TS, subwoofer or not depends on how particular you are about your music. some people dont bother too much about music in car, some people bother a lot. In general, in my opinion, a subwoofer is always better than none. In your case, a small one will do.

Posted 20 February 2016 - 10:03 AM

mersaylee
  • mersaylee
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Hi all, if you are keen, I have a JBL famed GT4 series 12" sub with dedicated amp to let go. The sub is boxed up for better sound quality n comes with a crossover as well.

Pm me your hp n I'll whatsapp pics to you.

Posted 21 February 2016 - 04:05 PM

Vezelian
  • Vezelian
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

hi All, need your advise. i feel my system is lacking some bass. i am considering to get an underseat active subwoofer or a more heavy bass rear coaxial speaker. wat do u recommend? TIA

Posted 21 February 2016 - 04:19 PM

Dscheng
  • Premium member
    Dscheng
    5th Gear
    Author Image

hi All, need your advise. i feel my system is lacking some bass. i am considering to get an underseat active subwoofer or a more heavy bass rear coaxial speaker. wat do u recommend? TIA

What is your current setup? All stock?

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:18 PM

Ichibawa
  • Premium member
    Ichibawa
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Sound proofing your doors will help if you have a decent set of speakers.

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:12 AM

Vezelian
  • Vezelian
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

What is your current setup? All stock?

HU - Pioneer AVH-x5850bt

Front Speakers - Hertz DSK165

Rear Speakers - Stock

4 doors all soundproofed

Not running on amp currently.

Sound proofing your doors will help if you have a decent set of speakers.

My 4 doors are soundproofed and my front speakers are Hertz DSK165

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:42 AM

Ichibawa
  • Premium member
    Ichibawa
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Since you are already in that route I suggest you continue to go all out which is to get the subwoofer and you might want to check out 3 way component speakers.

Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:17 AM

Dscheng
  • Premium member
    Dscheng
    5th Gear
    Author Image

HU - Pioneer AVH-x5850bt

Front Speakers - Hertz DSK165

Rear Speakers - Stock

4 doors all soundproofed

Not running on amp currently.

My 4 doors are soundproofed and my front speakers are Hertz DSK165

Since your 4 door are soundproofed then please go for a 4 channel amp ! You definitely need one. Big difference with and without amp.

Change your rear stock to 2 way coaxial speaker. After all this, your last upgrade properly will be adding a active subwoofer

Since you are already in that route I suggest you continue to go all out which is to get the subwoofer and you might want to check out 3 way component speakers.

Is 3 way really better than 2 way speaker? I check out the prices.. it is super expensive, custom pillar holder for the mid bass, tweeter.. etc etc..

Easily 1000+...

Back to In-Car-Entertainment  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Ground Zero GZUW 10SQ

Ground Zero GZUW 10SQ  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by CloudStrifeX  |  Neutral Newbie

Completely worth it

Great set of sub and I am more than pleased. I did a lot of searching for some good sub for a good price and you can't beat these. Huge difference. Completely worth it, and I honestly think this speaker is priced well for the performance.

Ground Zero GZTW 20TX

Ground Zero GZTW 20TX  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by MaxSiansation  |  Neutral Newbie

Worth the buying

Awesome product. Exactly what I was looking for in a sub though it’S a little too expensive. Had it after replacing my ride with a bigger sedan from Honda. So far, no problems. Worth the buying.

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Woofer

Quick Reply

Tags: subwoofer, speaker, amplifier and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users