How to reset the car IU unit ?

Vin3663

I just had the same issue happen to my unit. The green light to the right stuck hard even when engine turned off. Definitely doesnt work as entry to our condo gate failed to recognize the unit. After reading this post I used my searchlight to trace the black and white striped cabled down into the fuse box. My fuse box is behind panel of passenger foot rest (Mercedes Benz B Class). I opened it up and found the black cable which looked out of place and traced it to a 5 AMP fuse which I pulled and pushed back in. This fixed the IU as the cash card was now recognized and the green light was now off. Saved me a trip to Vicom!

If it happens to your car, try tracing the cable and find which fuse to reset. Mine was a 5A fuse.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Out of innocent curiosity.

What happens if a car with a dead IU or disconnected IU drive pass a gantry at night? Camera flash?

Tio candid camera lor... then wait for letter ask you pay $10 admin plus ERP charge.... if however you feel that it is IU fault, go to Inspection centre get it fixed then they waived. But if not IU fault but cash card faulty.... siao liao, waste time waste money....  :TT_TT:

I just had the same issue happen to my unit. The green light to the right stuck hard even when engine turned off. Definitely doesnt work as entry to our condo gate failed to recognize the unit. After reading this post I used my searchlight to trace the black and white striped cabled down into the fuse box. My fuse box is behind panel of passenger foot rest (Mercedes Benz B Class). I opened it up and found the black cable which looked out of place and traced it to a 5 AMP fuse which I pulled and pushed back in. This fixed the IU as the cash card was now recognized and the green light was now off. Saved me a trip to Vicom!

If it happens to your car, try tracing the cable and find which fuse to reset. Mine was a 5A fuse.

Yeah, alot of ICE shop installers like to tap the IU 5A fuse to hardwire instal the car cams or GPS units.

Recently was removing my previously hardwired install car cam myself and traced it all the way to the 5A fuse shared by the IU.

IU hanged, did not know would happen until i read this thread today. Disappointed as i have so much faith in local made products.

Anyway, i guess the easier way is just cut the wire and connect back after 10second. Can do? :slow:

Tio candid camera lor... then wait for letter ask you pay $10 admin plus ERP charge.... if however you feel that it is IU fault, go to Inspection centre get it fixed then they waived. But if not IU fault but cash card faulty.... siao liao, waste time waste money.... :TT_TT:

Cash card faulty also will waive admin charge. I tio before. The vicom guy help me submit report. But still have to pay erp charge. 50cent they also send letter remind you pay.

IU hanged, did not know would happen until i read this thread today. Disappointed as i have so much faith in local made products.

Anyway, i guess the easier way is just cut the wire and connect back after 10second. Can do? :slow:

It works with relationship too. I used to initiate breakup with my GF before X'mas and her Birthday then 10 days after, connect back again

• Praise 1

Go to the fuse box easier.

Not sure if there are regulations on tampering of the IU installation. Cutting the exposed wire and connecting it back might be deem as tampering with IU ie. Lousy idea attempt to avoid paying ERP etc..

• Praise 1

They are quite clever lor.  I ever kenna before, I drove passed and no beep sound lor.  Only 1 time lor.

A few days later got a letter to send car for IU check in Sin Ming, they replace the IU lor. 

I think within 1 week the letter come lor.

Tio candid camera lor... then wait for letter ask you pay $10 admin plus ERP charge.... if however you feel that it is IU fault, go to Inspection centre get it fixed then they waived. But if not IU fault but cash card faulty.... siao liao, waste time waste money....  :TT_TT:

I can't believe iu just died. It's probably the iu unit that is faulty.

Why didn't they release a new model of iu like iPhones?

Have to fork out $150 for new iu. Plus they don't accept trade in (like iphone can trade in your old phone)

Seems like they like to use backwards technology. I am sure they are bugs with the current iu model. Since it's enforced to everyone no one cares.

Have to fork out $150 for new iu. Plus they don't accept trade in (like iphone can trade in your old phone)

Seems like they like to use backwards technology. I am sure they are bugs with the current iu model. Since it's enforced to everyone no one cares.

sometimes is  not IU spoil. Might be the fuse burned

(edited)

IU got 5 years warranty wor. iphone warranty is 1 year and it's "limited". Do you use the same iphone for 10 years?

And you replace a new iphone for how much? Don't think it's $155 wor.

Edited by Watwheels

Supersonic

IU got 5 years warranty wor. iphone warranty is 1 year and it's "limited". Do you use the same iphone for 10 years?

And you replace a new iphone for how much? Don't think it's $155 wor.

haha. then again, iphone gives the owner so much benefit.

IU is to suck $ from owners.

(edited)

haha. then again, iphone gives the owner so much benefit.

IU is to suck $ from owners.

He's wishing the authorities would make erp payment easy using iphone lah.

Edited by Watwheels
↡ Advertisement