Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
18 replies to this topic | 43 praises

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:17 AM

Blueyou
  • Blueyou
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

appreciate if anyone could recommend 18" rims around 8-9kg/pc, pricing wise around $400/rim.

thanks! 

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:01 AM

Roberttan
  • Roberttan
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

your requirements is not easy to find (18")

$400 per pc = plenty

8-9 kg/ rim = available

But above 2 cant come together [:p]

Volvobrick, Doppel, Mockngbrd, Blueray and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:04 AM

Weez911
  • Premium member
    Weez911
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

appreciate if anyone could recommend 18" rims around 8-9kg/pc, pricing wise around $400/rim.

thanks! 

OZ HLT rims.

You are welcome! :grin:

lausai88 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:45 AM

Blueyou
  • Blueyou
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

wa bro, OZ HLT can get around $400/rim? where sia? 

your requirements is not easy to find (18")

$400 per pc = plenty

8-9 kg/ rim = available

But above 2 cant come together [:p]

usually $400/rim comes in around what weight? (18")

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:56 AM

Weez911
  • Premium member
    Weez911
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

wa bro, OZ HLT can get around $400/rim? where sia? 

usually $400/rim comes in around what weight? (18")

You replied to the wrong person haha.

You can get from their authorized dealers in Singapore. Search their websites for contacts. Their main agent is YHI Corp, but they are wholesalers.

If they have the stock in Singapore, it will be around $400/rim, otherwise you may need to add on $100+ for each rim if deliver directly from Italy.

The weight is around 8-9 kg for HLT. They have lighter ones, but those are forged rims, very expensive.

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:59 AM

Blueyou
  • Blueyou
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

You replied to the wrong person haha.

You can get from their authorized dealers in Singapore. Search their websites for contacts. Their main agent is YHI Corp, but they are wholesalers.

If they have the stock in Singapore, it will be around $400/rim, otherwise you may need to add on $100+ for each rim if deliver directly from Italy.

The weight is around 8-9 kg for HLT. They have lighter ones, but those are forged rims, very expensive.

haha thanks bro... no need forged rims for me, just need something around 8-9kg will do. 

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:43 PM

Altis72
  • Premium member
    Altis72
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

thanks! 

Hi I was looking for 18" lightweight rims last year with a similar budget and considered the following:

Enkei PF01. ~8kg. Made in Japan. Believe it cost around S$450 per piece. Check with Chen Jin Trading or other dealers. Can also consider Enkei RP01 (PCD/offset not available for my car)

http://enkei.com/shop/racing/pf01/

http://enkei.com/shop/racing/rpf1/

SSR GTV 01/02/03 series. Not sure if they are made in Japan (not stated on the rims). I think they cost under $500 and weigh under 10kg depending on model. Check with H Tyre and Garage R. 

http://www.ssr-wheel.../wheels/ssr.asp

OZ Racing wheels are nice and made in Italy. Pay a visit to Leong Seng Tyre at Paya Ubi or the distributor showroom at YHI Pandan Road. Models like Ultraleggera, Leggera and Alleggerita might meet your requirements.

I also had a look at the BBS SR rim. Cost ~$500 but weigh 12kg. Drop by South East Tyre.

http://bbs.com/en/pr...ign_line/sr.php

Do make sure you get the correct offset for your car as I found some tyre shops gave the wrong info.

Edited by Altis72, 18 February 2016 - 12:49 PM.

Columbian78, Muser and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:33 PM

Blueyou
  • Blueyou
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi I was looking for 18" lightweight rims last year with a similar budget and considered the following:

Enkei PF01. ~8kg. Made in Japan. Believe it cost around S$450 per piece. Check with Chen Jin Trading or other dealers. Can also consider Enkei RP01 (PCD/offset not available for my car)

http://enkei.com/shop/racing/pf01/

http://enkei.com/shop/racing/rpf1/

SSR GTV 01/02/03 series. Not sure if they are made in Japan (not stated on the rims). I think they cost under $500 and weigh under 10kg depending on model. Check with H Tyre and Garage R. 

http://www.ssr-wheel.../wheels/ssr.asp

OZ Racing wheels are nice and made in Italy. Pay a visit to Leong Seng Tyre at Paya Ubi or the distributor showroom at YHI Pandan Road. Models like Ultraleggera, Leggera and Alleggerita might meet your requirements.

I also had a look at the BBS SR rim. Cost ~$500 but weigh 12kg. Drop by South East Tyre.

http://bbs.com/en/pr...ign_line/sr.php

Do make sure you get the correct offset for your car as I found some tyre shops gave the wrong info.

thanks bro, that helps quite a bit. 

Posted 18 February 2016 - 06:53 PM

Altis72
  • Premium member
    Altis72
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

thanks bro, that helps quite a bit. 

I forgot to mention Rays wheels. Was quoted ~$500 for the Homura series during The Cars at Expo show. You can view the models at selected branches of Stamford Tyres eg Loyang Way

http://www.rayswheel...en&brand=HOMURA

Edited by Altis72, 18 February 2016 - 06:54 PM.

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:02 PM

Blueyou
  • Blueyou
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I forgot to mention Rays wheels. Was quoted ~$500 for the Homura series during The Cars at Expo show. You can view the models at selected branches of Stamford Tyres eg Loyang Way

http://www.rayswheel...en&brand=HOMURA

any idea about the Rays grams light? 

Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:11 AM

Altis72
  • Premium member
    Altis72
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

any idea about the Rays grams light? 

Sorry no idea...

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:19 AM

Kurrypokteh
  • Premium member
    Kurrypokteh
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Hi bros....

Anyone knows where can I find 18" White rims with 5 nuts and PCD 5x114.3?

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:54 AM

Lava
  • Lava
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

what are the advantages of lighter weight rims?

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:40 PM

Roberttan
  • Roberttan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

what are the advantages of lighter weight rims?

CORRECT ME if I am wrong

light weight is subjective ( how light is light?)

when hunting for light weight rim ? do take note of the Strength of the rim, some  rims maker reduced the weight by skim or machine the rim thinner which I cant accept (kia su )

if you want light weight without compromised the strength please go for Good and reliable brand But do prepare to pay.

Cars like heavy SUV / Cross over / luxury and any MPV are the particularly important about the strength of the rim

just MHO

forgot to share my view about advantages of Light weight rim

lighter unsprung weight does help to make your car accelerate little faster (base on total weight including tires)

little fuel saving

Edited by Roberttan, 27 August 2016 - 01:44 PM.

Posted 30 August 2016 - 06:28 PM

Altis72
  • Premium member
    Altis72
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Hi bros....

Anyone knows where can I find 18" White rims with 5 nuts and PCD 5x114.3?

Advan racing ?

http://www.yokohamaw.../index_jpn.html

http://www.yokohamah...etail.php?id=73

Posted 11 September 2016 - 01:20 PM

Kurrypokteh
  • Premium member
    Kurrypokteh
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Advanti is nice but no white rims....so i decided to go for the InForged rims and go spray it white color....

Posted 11 September 2016 - 02:40 PM

Muser
  • Premium member
    Muser
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Advanti is nice but no white rims....so i decided to go for the InForged rims and go spray it white color....

What colour are the InForged wheels you're getting? I have a thing for gloss or matte black wheels so I'm keeping an eye out for nice 18-inch 5-spokes with 114.3 PCD.

Posted 11 September 2016 - 05:48 PM

Kurrypokteh
  • Premium member
    Kurrypokteh
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Oh i will be spray to gloss white color so doesnt matter what color I am getting haha....u can go Carousell search for Kim Hoe Tyre...they have quite a lot of InForged rims leh

What colour are the InForged wheels you're getting? I have a thing for gloss or matte black wheels so I'm keeping an eye out for nice 18-inch 5-spokes with 114.3 PCD.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg

Muser and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted Yesterday, 07:53 PM

Jack_kc
  • Jack_kc
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

With a budget like this... you can actually go a lot of workshops hahah

Can also check Carousell app. A lot of workshop start to post their wares there.

Back to Tyres and Rims  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Yap Brothers Motorsport

Yap Brothers Motorsport  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by AaronJun-Milano  |  Neutral Newbie

Changed all 4 of my tyre to Kumho PS31 with Yap Bros at their Ubi shop. Jennifer and the mechanics were welcoming and friendly. Will definitely come back again & Recommend to friends who need to change Tyre.

Hurry Tyre and Battery

Hurry Tyre and Battery  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by dannytan5996  |  Neutral Newbie

Just changed my tyre to kumho ps31 at MacKenzie this morning. Tristan is friendly, patient and polite. One look he knows that my rear tyres are noisy. (I also know by driving). The pricing is cheap. I will definitely recommend my colleagues and friends to support them. Will definitely go there to change my tyre again. » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Tyres & Rims

Quick Reply

Tags: rims, tyres, wheels, recommend and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users