Toyota Camry 2015 - Complimentary Upgrade to 2.5L

Yaloryalor

Just got my Camry 2.5 today....Solid car...smooth engine.....

My fifth Toyota...been driving Japan made Corolla to Thai made Altis.

My recent Altis 06 lasted me solid solid 10 years without major issues....

Test drove Nissan Teana, Mazda 6 2.5.....in my opinion Camry better performance. But honestly, the interior of the camry not as solid as the Teana and M6.

Decided to change the car, choose the Camry, because of :-

1) been driving corolla since started working until now. (1 st 3 cars:-> company car)

2) When deciding on the 4th car, my first son was born. originally wanted to get a BMW 3,but consider the money for the new family member, decided to get a Altis. I still remember the sales guy told me to upgrade to Camry. At that time, think about the new born, decided to be frugal. My 2 biys practically grow up with this car, somewhat became part of our family. Very reluctant to let scrap it...

3) 9.5 years later, got 2 boys now and i would say financially more able, decided to "upgrade"....bought the Camry 2.5...Hopefully this car will last until my 1st son go NS when he is 18.....

Bro congrats on your new toys..

Don't worry your this camry will definitely last u till 10yrs..

I assume your is beige interior loh.

Beige is class but just need to maintain always.

↡ Advertisement

Test drove Nissan Teana, Mazda 6 2.5.....in my opinion Camry better performance. But honestly, the interior of the camry not as solid as the Teana and M6.

1) been driving corolla since started working until now. (1 st 3 cars:-> company car)

2) When deciding on the 4th car, my first son was born. originally wanted to get a BMW 3,but consider the money for the new family member, decided to get a Altis. I still remember the sales guy told me to upgrade to Camry. At that time, think about the new born, decided to be frugal. My 2 biys practically grow up with this car, somewhat became part of our family. Very reluctant to let scrap it...

3) 9.5 years later, got 2 boys now and i would say financially more able, decided to "upgrade"....bought the Camry 2.5...Hopefully this car will last until my 1st son go NS when he is 18.....

I'm looking for a new ride, too.

How would the Camry 2.5 compares with the Harrier (G's?)?

Planning for 10 years' use with my growing family. 2 kids + a helper...

Supersonic
(edited)

Bro congrats on your new toys..

Don't worry your this camry will definitely last u till 10yrs..

I assume your is beige interior loh.

Beige is class but just need to maintain always.

True, Toyota cars definitely can last till 10 yrs or even beyond. I have a friend who just renewed his 06 altis for 10 years coe. Lol.

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1

I'm looking for a new ride, too.

How would the Camry 2.5 compares with the Harrier (G's?)?

Planning for 10 years' use with my growing family. 2 kids + a helper...

Harrier's 2.0NA, isn't it? Not quite the same thing since one's a big heavy SUV with just enough power to cruise, while the other is a big sedan with more than enough power by SG standards.

Do you go out with your helper a lot? I have two kids too but never bring my helper out and don't travel with much gear, so a sedan's more than enough space for me. Persuaded my CO to let me buy a sedan instead even though she had her eyes on SUVs.

Harrier's 2.0NA, isn't it? Not quite the same thing since one's a big heavy SUV with just enough power to cruise, while the other is a big sedan with more than enough power by SG standards.

Do you go out with your helper a lot? I have two kids too but never bring my helper out and don't travel with much gear, so a sedan's more than enough space for me. Persuaded my CO to let me buy a sedan instead even though she had her eyes on SUVs.

Yes, we tend to bring the helper along. My gals are 5 & 3... So the car would hopefully last into their teens.

I honestly do not know much about cars, so doing my homework now.

My current ride is an Altis. Looking for a car to accommodate the growing family & enough power.

Only upon being unable to keep up with the vehicles during my virgin drive up to Port Dickson a couple of months' back did I realise what all the hoo-ha about "power" is all about. -_-"

Yes, we tend to bring the helper along. My gals are 5 & 3... So the car would hopefully last into their teens.

My current ride is an Altis. Looking for a car to accommodate the growing family & enough power.

Only upon being unable to keep up with the vehicles during my virgin drive up to Port Dickson a couple of months' back did I realise what all the hoo-ha about "power" is all about. -_-"

My boys are the same age as your girls so I know what you mean about wanting to get something that will grow with your needs. I too upgraded from a small 1.6NA sedan (Kia Cerato).

If you bring your helper often, I recommend you focus on rear bench width, especially since you presumably have child seats taking up space. Some people fixate on rear legroom but forget about overall bench width. I don't know what the relative bench widths are of the Camry and Harrier but you'd probably want to find out.

congrats on your new ride. Good choice to choose Camry. Driven my in-law 2.5L, power is sweet. Ta you car will zoom forward. I went to see the latest camry, inside really cannot make it compare to other same level car, too plastic and very bad colour matching for the dashboard. The pre-facelift one looks much better. Anyway, this is to each his own. But I believe it is a no-frills car since Toyota are built to last, provided you maintain it. I used to drive a 2.0L camry, upgrade from Altis. My advice to you is, need to make ensure your psychological barrier of 13km/l is change to 10km/l. 2.5L car is afterall a 2.5L car, no matter how discipline you drive, it can never go to 13km/l with mix city and highway driving.

Since you have a kids and helper, I suggest you get a MPV instead of Camry. it will still be cramp if you install child seat at the back. MPV can also be powerful, just need to pick the right one. You can look at Estima if you don't mind the big bulky car.

congrats on your new ride. Good choice to choose Camry. Driven my in-law 2.5L, power is sweet. Ta you car will zoom forward. I went to see the latest camry, inside really cannot make it compare to other same level car, too plastic and very bad colour matching for the dashboard. The pre-facelift one looks much better. Anyway, this is to each his own. But I believe it is a no-frills car since Toyota are built to last, provided you maintain it. I used to drive a 2.0L camry, upgrade from Altis. My advice to you is, need to make ensure your psychological barrier of 13km/l is change to 10km/l. 2.5L car is afterall a 2.5L car, no matter how discipline you drive, it can never go to 13km/l with mix city and highway driving.

Yea.. Drive big car must have big heart for petrol kiosk. My max for my 2L camry is 11km/l. That's if chiong highway 70% and 30% urban. But the feel of zua you for a high capacity car is priceless. Easily can pick up speed. I mean not from traffic junction, as in when cruising, step a bit more the car will zip forward.

Ya i know we are going extinct 1 of this day

• Praise 1

My colleagues always take my cars out for lunch frequently. No problems with 3 adults at rear seat but not sure with child seat behind.

I had previously drove a 2007 2.0L camry. getting only 9+ km/l. My present 2014 2.5L camry is getting near to 11km/l because it has 6 gears compare to the old 2.0 camry which has 4 gears only. Understand the latest 2.0L Camry has 5 gears which should be more economical.

Agreed that the exterior and interior of latest Camry lose out to Teana and Mazda. 

Hi, I have been driving my new camry 2.5 for 3 month. I can feel some vibration from my seat when it is on stationary (P-mode). Noticed that when I travel for more than 20 minutes, the vibration gets greater. Any bros have the same issue? Any advice? Thank you

(edited)

I had this problem in my previous Camry 2.2L car before.  It could be the spark plugs or if more serious it could be the ignition coil misfired. 

Since yours is a new car, you should send in for checking and get the ignition coil replace under warranty.  The coil is quite expensive.

Hi, I have been driving my new camry 2.5 for 3 month. I can feel some vibration from my seat when it is on stationary (P-mode). Noticed that when I travel for more than 20 minutes, the vibration gets greater. Any bros have the same issue? Any advice? Thank you

Edited by AltisOwner

Twincharged

Such a new car,cannot be mounting,bring it back to BM..for check..

Thanks bro for the above advice.

I have sent in 3 time. First 2 time, Toyota said no problem but  the 3rd time, Toyota said throttle dirty but after cleaning no improvement at all.

THat is the statement i most agree...spoke to one of my friend when deciding to get my Camry or not. He replied to me: "Bro, how many ten years you think you will have? If you like it and can afford it, just go ahead!" With that statement , I went to upgrade to Camry and enjoy the car now.....

Ya lah that's the way to live a life..don't need to leave all money for someone else to spend

Thanks bro for the above advice.

I have sent in 3 time. First 2 time, Toyota said no problem but the 3rd time, Toyota said throttle dirty but after cleaning no improvement at all.

Bro next time buy nissan better,my teana on the 1.5 mths and i complaint when tiring left sometime got sound and TC change the 2 bearings on top of the suspension w/o any questions to me..

TC is my recommended AD..

↡ Advertisement