Toyota Camry 2015 - Complimentary Upgrade to 2.5L

Yaloryalor

1. Yes the rear plate very filmsy as only secure by two screws at the top. I use double sided tape and tape the lower part of the number plate. Now very good.

2. Yes steering Wheel vibrate when idle and notice its at 740RPM. A bit too low in my opinion. Not sure if can adjust higher during next service?

Another point to share:

During pumping of petrol till "auto stop" , the fuel meter barely "touch" Full Tank. Brought it up during my 1st 1000Km service and they check with their "meter" and now every time I pump petrol till "auto stop" its shows above Full Tank now. Good!!!!

Not sure what they did, when I asked them they just said, We cannot calibrate but only check and test. Was done at Toyota Sin Ming.     

Above just FYI

Normally the steering wheel should not be vibrating when idle.  Most likely the rpm is a bit low, the best is get it adjust to 800rpm the vibration would be solved.

↡ Advertisement

Just want to share some points i noticed with others who may be considering the camry:

1. Suspension is definitely stiffer then previous camry (2006). But i actually like this suspension set up.

I drove the 2002-2006 Camry and it is more comfortable compared to the current Camry in the sense that you don't feel the minor bumps on the road.  With the new 2015 Camry, the suspension has been made stiffer than the 2002-2006 version, so now you get more of the 'road feel', and hence the more 'bumpy' feeling.  I am not used to it in the beginning; it took me quite a while to get used to this feeling.

Btw, the Camry which we bought comes with the Bodycare service (only available at Pandan Crescent branch) to be claimed within 1-year of owning the car.  

Apparently, Borneo has waived the $60 deductible for each small scratch / chip.  It is now FOC to re-spray up to 2 panels, to be claimed within 1 year.  Both my left and right door panels have scratches.  The right door panel has 1 long vertical, and 2 tiny ones.  See picture below.

post-166337-0-53444000-1473392649_thumb.jpg   

FYI, you cannot book an appointment thru' the phone.  I drove to Pandan Crescent and got the technical adviser to take a look at my car.  I booked the earliest possible date available: 8 Dec 2016.  It will take 5 days, i.e. 13 Dec to collect my car back.  The backlog is 3 months now. 

Lastly, the roof-top of the car is very prone to water marks.  Less on the bonnet and the top of the car boot section.

I drove the 2002-2006 Camry and it is more comfortable compared to the current Camry in the sense that you don't feel the minor bumps on the road.  With the new 2015 Camry, the suspension has been made stiffer than the 2002-2006 version, so now you get more of the 'road feel', and hence the more 'bumpy' feeling.  I am not used to it in the beginning; it took me quite a while to get used to this feeling.

Btw, the Camry which we bought comes with the Bodycare service (only available at Pandan Crescent branch) to be claimed within 1-year of owning the car.  

Apparently, Borneo has waived the $60 deductible for each small scratch / chip.  It is now FOC to re-spray up to 2 panels, to be claimed within 1 year.  Both my left and right door panels have scratches.  The right door panel has 1 long vertical, and 2 tiny ones.  See picture below.

attachicon.gifVertical Scratch IMG_5576.JPG   

FYI, you cannot book an appointment thru' the phone.  I drove to Pandan Crescent and got the technical adviser to take a look at my car.  I booked the earliest possible date available: 8 Dec 2016.  It will take 5 days, i.e. 13 Dec to collect my car back.  The backlog is 3 months now. 

Lastly, the roof-top of the car is very prone to water marks.  Less on the bonnet and the top of the car boot section.

wah! backlog 3 months and it take 5 days to collect back..........eerrrrrrrrrrr they sold so many cars that's the result :)

Thanks for the info.

Neutral Newbie

attachicon.gifVertical Scratch IMG_5576.JPG   

Wah the scratch looks deep.. What happen? Stone chip?

Heard from SE that they no longer offer the bodycare service because a lot ppl complain about bad workmanship.

Anyway i noticed the door panel beside the front seat is not covered like it was in the older camry.

Was wondering if this is normal? I remember seeing it being covered in other countries.

photo579484057548728595.jpg

1. Yes the rear plate very filmsy as only secure by two screws at the top. I use double sided tape and tape the lower part of the number plate. Now very good.

2. Yes steering Wheel vibrate when idle and notice its at 740RPM. A bit too low in my opinion. Not sure if can adjust higher during next service?

Another point to share:

During pumping of petrol till "auto stop" , the fuel meter barely "touch" Full Tank. Brought it up during my 1st 1000Km service and they check with their "meter" and now every time I pump petrol till "auto stop" its shows above Full Tank now. Good!!!!

Not sure what they did, when I asked them they just said, We cannot calibrate but only check and test. Was done at Toyota Sin Ming.     

Above just FYI

My fuel gauge starts to drop after 40+ km from full, and drop to 3/4 at about 100km.

When warning light comes on, distance traveled is 540km. Since the tank is 70 litre, there should still be 20 litre left.

in my old 2005/6 camry, needle started to drop after 100km from full and can travel 500+ km with fuel gauge at 1/4.

I think my fuel gauge is not correctly calibrated but service center at ubi said it's normal.

What you owners think?

The remaining mileage reflected on the trip computer depends on your fuel consumption. It's calculated based on how many km per litre you can achieve averaged over the whole tank of fuel. As time pass, you will get a more stable figure.

There is some news that an all-new (not face-lifted) Camry 2.0 may be coming sometime in 2017. It is supposed to have completely new body shape, bigger windows. new light weight chassis, and perhaps turbo with CVT. Any info?

Yes, that's the new Camry on the TNGA platform, with a low sill and large greenhouse.It will be launched in US market first and local model probably coming in 2018. The 2.0 turbo is meant to replace the 3.5 V6 over there while the new Camry 2.0 will likely use the current 2.0's NA 6AR-FSE engine. Maybe they will put the 2.0 turbo as a higher end model, like the Civic Turbo.

Edited by Variodical

Neutral Newbie

Yes, that's the new Camry on the TNGA platform, with a low sill and large greenhouse.It will be launched in US market first and local model probably coming in 2018. The 2.0 turbo is meant to replace the 3.5 V6 over there while the new Camry 2.0 will likely use the current 2.0's NA 6AR-FSE engine. Maybe they will put the 2.0 turbo as a higher end model, like the Civic Turbo.

Would be interesting if we will have the US Camry.

Still not sure if they will bring in the US version one though. Their version of camry and ours seems to be quite different.

Still not sure if they will bring in the US version one though. Their version of camry and ours seems to be quite different.

Asian market will get a different model

Asian markets will always get a different model from the US unless there's a global model. But the Camry is such an important seller in the US, that alone ensures that it will be tweaked just for the US market and usually is exclusive to that market. It's quite often the case for the mid-sized car segment in the US.

Have been taking uber hybrid camry between san fran downtown and milbrea these few days, i thought their camry looks quite similar to ours.

By the way did KM stop selling 2.0L camry ? No more price list.

Have been taking uber hybrid camry between san fran downtown and milbrea these few days, i thought their camry looks quite similar to ours.

Since when KM is selling Camry ?

They want to push for the 2.5 sales

A spy who got his AD boss mixed up...