Toyota Camry 2015 - Complimentary Upgrade to 2.5L

Yaloryalor

Probably due to the narrow price difference between the 2l and 2.5l.

Most folks I believe will top up for the 2.5l.

Hi Bro.. Are you aware of any reason why the 2.0 (VVTI with W) has a "newer' engine than the 2.5 (VVTI wihout W)?

Hi all,

Just wondered if you happened to know if our current model Camry comes with alarm?

I did a "simple" experiment this morning. I locked the door, but left the driver window open (to simulate that someone broke the window). Using my hand to unlock "the lock at the door handle" and opened the door... Was expecting the car alarm to sound (similar to the alarm button our our car key). But NOTHING happened! No sound... Did I do the "experiment" wrongly? Or this is a norm??

Hi Bro.. Are you aware of any reason why the 2.0 (VVTI with W) has a "newer' engine than the 2.5 (VVTI wihout W)?

This new 2.0 got a quite high compression...i think is 12.5:1.

I am not sure. The VVT-iW engine used in Toyota camry 2.0 is as follows.

4-Cylinders In-line, 16 Valves, DOHC with VVTi-W (intake), VVT-I (exhaust), chain drive & D4S.

The lexus NX200t is using the following engine and it seems to the same as the camry's but with TC.

In-line 4, 16-Valve DOHC, Twin-scroll Turbocharged and Intercooler with Dual VVT-iW & D4-ST

Anyway, if they stop selling the 2.0, that means that my ride is limited edition liao. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing.....

Edited by Lanky

Hi

been using my Camry 2.5 for 6 months...Have 2 questions, hope you guys can help:=

1) When the car is moving, nothing works on the audio system. How to dectivate this?

2) My fuel efficieny is always stuck at 9.4km/l. after pump petrol then reset also same. Been like that for many months...

Please advise...

Hi

been using my Camry 2.5 for 6 months...Have 2 questions, hope you guys can help:=

1) When the car is moving, nothing works on the audio system. How to dectivate this?

2) My fuel efficieny is always stuck at 9.4km/l. after pump petrol then reset also same. Been like that for many months...

Please advise...

When moving, you will still be able to change radio station, switch to CD or up/down volume... why say that nothing works?

you mean your tank average is always around 9+ km/l? Or the fuel efficiency figure is always 9.4 never change?

Is it reasonable for the car seat leather to dry up and crack with slightly over a year of usage?

I did leather conditioning around 8 months ago.

My previous Toyota did not have this issue after 6.5yrs of usage. Parking under the sun/shade in similar conditions. The only difference between the 2 cars is the solar film. I used one that had both high UV and IR rejection in the previous car. The current car, which uses the provided 3M film, does not offer the same specs in UV and IR rejection.

When moving, you will still be able to change radio station, switch to CD or up/down volume... why say that nothing works?

you mean your tank average is always around 9+ km/l? Or the fuel efficiency figure is always 9.4 never change?

Sorry, not making it clear enough:-

Control the functions you mentioned via steering control is ok. But the touch screen will not work when the car is moving example phone, MP3 folder to scroll further down the screen. Was told that can install some kind of device to over ride it.

The fuel efficiency figure always never change for the last 3 months....

Control the functions you mentioned via steering control is ok. But the touch screen will not work when the car is moving example phone, MP3 folder to scroll further down the screen. Was told that can install some kind of device to over ride it.

Ans: For Safety Reasons while car in motion, Touch Screen WONT NOT WORK!!! Period

Except for certain functions, such as NAV (But this NAV only work partially) Long story hard to explained. You tried it yourself and you will understand    

Ans: You mean the "History and Record " of fuel consumption don't change and constantly the same?

That means you fuel consumption is the same probably ???

Unless you can take pic to show us as most of us don't quite understand what you mean.

Is it reasonable for the car seat leather to dry up and crack with slightly over a year of usage?

I did leather conditioning around 8 months ago.

My previous Toyota did not have this issue after 6.5yrs of usage. Parking under the sun/shade in similar conditions. The only difference between the 2 cars is the solar film. I used one that had both high UV and IR rejection in the previous car. The current car, which uses the provided 3M film, does not offer the same specs in UV and IR rejection.

Yes solar film will make a diff on the leather seat

Ans: For Safety Reasons while car in motion, Touch Screen WONT NOT WORK!!! Period

Except for certain functions, such as NAV (But this NAV only work partially) Long story hard to explained. You tried it yourself and you will understand    

Ans: You mean the "History and Record " of fuel consumption don't change and constantly the same?

That means you fuel consumption is the same probably ???

Unless you can take pic to show us as most of us don't quite understand what you mean.

pleaspost-147472-0-14133300-1481718867_thumb.jpgpost-147472-0-14133300-1481718867_thumb.jpge see my attached photo. Since July no change leh...Do you also have the same display. I cannot reset the display also.

Ok now I understand what you mean.

I Hv the same issue previously.

Hence what you need to do.

Push the button on your steering wheel.

This button is on the "Centre" right hand side of steering wheel. It has a White Dote and surrounded by 4 buttons.

Pls ensure your are on Odometer and NOT Trip A or Trip B then push or press the Centre button,

Hope it helps

Edited by ClearVision

Ok now I understand what you mean.

I Hv the same issue previously.

Hence what you need to do.

Push the button on your steering wheel.

This button is on the "Centre" right hand side of steering wheel. It has a White Dote and surrounded by 4 buttons.

Pls ensure your are on Odometer and NOT Trip A or Trip B then push or press the Centre button,

Hope it helps

Hi Clearvision...

thanks. now my problem solved. tested it now is about 10.6km/l. how about your average readings....

Hi Clearvision...

thanks. now my problem solved. tested it now is about 10.6km/l. how about your average readings....

Your fuel consumption of 10.6 km/L is for the 2.0 or 2.5 L Camry? And what's your driving pattern? How many % highway, estimated?
↡ Advertisement