Ford Grand C-Max

Docomospur

Just wanted to clarify on FC that 10L is based on smooth traffic. If stuck in a jam, it could go up to 12L per 100km.  

Hope that helps.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Just wanted to clarify on FC that 10L is based on smooth traffic. If stuck in a jam, it could go up to 12L per 100km.  

Hope that helps.

Still better than I get on the 2.0L EcoBoost!

Heck, you get a lot more power than I do - especially with 360NM of torque to unleash when put in S mode!

Higher petrol tax has already been priced in. You have been paying it since last budget day.

That be true. I didn't word it correctly.

Was making a point on downsizing to smaller, more efficient engines so as to save cost in the longer term. 

Turbocharged

Heck, you get a lot more power than I do - especially with 360NM of torque to unleash when put in S mode!

it's actually 237hp/345Nm... I think the revised one that debuted in the Edge does have 240hp/355Nm that comes in earlier.

Come to think of it, I don't actually have a sport mode, only transmission S

Turbo + Direct injection = High FC + fast carbon accumulation, 10 times fast than NA engine, and power drop severely, so think twice before going for Ecoboost  

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Turbo + Direct injection = High FC + fast carbon accumulation, 10 times fast than NA engine, and power drop severely, so think twice before going for Ecoboost  

You seem to have a prejudice against turbos still? Even when power drop, still got more power than a NA... and in singapore, whether NA or forced, people don't take care of their car at the ten year mark... turbo or not still become chui

Can read this as well. http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/01/is-carbon-buildup-a-problem-with-direct-injection-engines-.html

With Mazda and Honda and even Toyota adopting turbochargers... think you're gonna run out of non-electric NA options in some years bro. [bigcry]

Edited by 7hm

it's actually 237hp/345Nm... I think the revised one that debuted in the Edge does have 240hp/355Nm that comes in earlier.

Come to think of it, I don't actually have a sport mode, only transmission S

Well 345Nm is only a slight difference in my view & I'm greedy as the 1.5 only produces 240Nm on paper that is. In reality I suspect it may actually be even lesser than that if you take it & bring it for a dyno test.

As for S, which comes after D on our transmission - what do u think the S stands for? [laugh] Well, that's what the SE told me last time anyway

Well sir, to each his own. All engines will experience power loss over time anyway. Although NAs will experience less power loss compared to TC engines over the longer haul - If u intend to keep it that long anyway. That's assuming your other parts of the car can last so long given our humid climate.

For me, the cost savings already start from the onset. Especially if you compare a 1.5TC vs a 2.4NA, assuming both with similar weight. Similar power figures, but in terms of fuel cost & rd taxes, no prizes for guessing who wins by paying more. 

With Mazda and Honda and even Toyota adopting turbochargers... think you're gonna run out of non-electric NA options in some years bro. [bigcry]

Gd pt. Even the mighty Lexus who once swore off TC has started adopting the tech & I can't think of other car makers (perhaps the Chinese) who have not yet adopted the tech. The Malaysians have already adopted it, so have the Japs, the Koreans ....

Perhaps an alternative vs TC might be those with electric engines. Wonder how those would fare in terms of power loss over the years. Power figures (on paper at least) appear to be similar for bhp, if you compare the Vezel hybrid against the NA Forester.

Turbocharged

As for S, which comes after D on our transmission - what do u think the S stands for? [laugh] Well, that's what the SE told me last time anyway

stand for Sport, yeah, but all it does is make my transmission cling to gears and enable permanent manual gear control.

Though that's probably because it's not equipped with eco modes or adaptive all-wheel-drive or adaptive suspension and what not...

stand for Sport, yeah, but all it does is make my transmission cling to gears and enable permanent manual gear control.

Though that's probably because it's not equipped with eco modes or adaptive all-wheel-drive or adaptive suspension and what not...

Really? I've noticed that for mine, it tends to stick to higher revs & is more responsive (compared to D).

It can however be a little indecisive when switching down to lower gears once you start slowing down with the gear still in S.

On a side note, I assume yours is Titanium trim right? Had any fun yet with your scrolling lights? [laugh] & sorry to hear from the mondeo thread that you had an unfortunate incident man ...  

I had an incident too albeit of a much much smaller nature (some idiot of a driver decided to open their door really hard & left a watermark on my front passenger door). Paint came off too. Wonderful ...

Turbocharged

Really? I've noticed that for mine, it tends to stick to higher revs & is more responsive (compared to D).

It can however be a little indecisive when switching down to lower gears once you start slowing down with the gear still in S.

On a side note, I assume yours is Titanium trim right? Had any fun yet with your scrolling lights? [laugh] & sorry to hear from the mondeo thread that you had an unfortunate incident man ...  

I had an incident too albeit of a much much smaller nature (some idiot of a driver decided to open their door really hard & left a watermark on my front passenger door). Paint came off too. Wonderful ...

Well... I only use S when I want to play manual gear mode, so actually I'm not so sure about responsiveness. I don't buy into throttle remaps anyway, I prefer finer-grain control rather than false "responsiveness" from sharper throttle maps. Scrolling lights... well, I like them, but I have no idea about the others around my car [:p]

My damage is on the back... hopefully the claim can be expedient.

Anyhoo, Regent Motors finally finished with their site refresh, now they look more in line with Ford of the rest of the world, a bit stylistically like Ford Australia, but a lot simpler. S-Max is no longer mentioned as "coming soon"... hopefully it still is. The Grand C-Max is now listed as well.

model_billboard_grand_cmax_01.jpg

Unfortunately, whoever is running their website is clearly a lazy arse because the specifications are copy-pasted from the Fiesta. They had better fix that ASAP, it just makes them look bad.

• Praise 2

Well... I only use S when I want to play manual gear mode, so actually I'm not so sure about responsiveness.

Speaking of manual gears, where are those located? On the steering itself? I certainly don't seem to have those (or can't seem to find it anywhere) on the Trend, hence is this only available on Titanium editions?

I wonder if the same applies for the new C-Max ...

Turbocharged

Speaking of manual gears, where are those located? On the steering itself? I certainly don't seem to have those (or can't seem to find it anywhere) on the Trend, hence is this only available on Titanium editions?

I wonder if the same applies for the new C-Max ...

On Fords, SelectShift buttons are either in the weird form of a +- rocker switch on the gear stick itself, or paddle shifters, such as on the Mondeo available here.

I do wish they'd offer a manual-gate as well, i.e. push/pull the stick to the side then up/down for sequential steptronic.

hey man i'm averaging 12.6l/100km in my Focus RS 

my daily route is serangoon area -> clementi road via lornie PIE and backwards. 

about 50% highway 50% slow traffic in both timing. u make me feel like i should give myself more allowance to burn more fuel! teehee! :P 

Turbocharged

hey man i'm averaging 12.6l/100km in my Focus RS 

my daily route is serangoon area -> clementi road via lornie PIE and backwards. 

about 50% highway 50% slow traffic in both timing. u make me feel like i should give myself more allowance to burn more fuel! teehee! :P 

Hey, my daily route also goes through Lornie and back, but I don't take the PIE. Usually my way through Lornie is decently clear of traffic but the journey back is not.

If I reset trip computer, by the time I get through all the heartlands, it is like 7.5km/l (13.3l/100km)... once I go through Lornie and Farrer though, manage to reach 10km/l (10l/100km, of course). Then have to do u-turn and slow climb up hill etc., drop back to 8.8km/l (11.3l/100km).... if don't stop anywhere on the return route and no unusual jam, maybe can average out 9km/l (11.1l/100km).

since you are doing actual highway I think you might still be doing a little worse than me haha.

But maybe I should stop thinking about FC and just  [drivingcar] 

i usually get heavy traffic both ways as i usually hit the morning jam along lornie. usually if lornie down to PIE is clear then i'll take PIE otherwise i'll take bkt timah road. likewise for the trip back. i'm guessing my FC is not too bad considering along the same travel pattern and also driven by me, i'm averagine 13.1l/100km in a 3.2l car

Hey, my daily route also goes through Lornie and back, but I don't take the PIE. Usually my way through Lornie is decently clear of traffic but the journey back is not.

If I reset trip computer, by the time I get through all the heartlands, it is like 7.5km/l (13.3l/100km)... once I go through Lornie and Farrer though, manage to reach 10km/l (10l/100km, of course). Then have to do u-turn and slow climb up hill etc., drop back to 8.8km/l (11.3l/100km).... if don't stop anywhere on the return route and no unusual jam, maybe can average out 9km/l (11.1l/100km).

since you are doing actual highway I think you might still be doing a little worse than me haha.

But maybe I should stop thinking about FC and just  [drivingcar] 

↡ Advertisement