Ford Grand C-Max

Docomospur

Turbocharged

Any idea of the price for the Focus and Fiesta???

Thanks

No, sorry. Didn't inquire about those, but I believe Fiesta stock is quite low now. For a good idea of the current price, check out their pricelist then subtract about 10~15k.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Popped in to check out the Grand C-Max, pricing around $128k. Worth it imo, as it comes with all the trimmings!

Pre-Collision Assist, lane keeping, adaptive cruise, advanced park assist, SYNC2 (or maybe it's SYNC3, not sure) touchscreen, ambient lighting, etc.!

I just checked with a sales consultant and it appears that Lane Keeping is not included. Can anyone else confirm whether this is correct?

Some other noteworthy points:

• Sync 2. Not upgradable to Sync 3, which would have been compatible with Apple Carplay and Android Auto. 
  • Fabric seats, not leather. Leather is probably easier to clean up after the kids spill stuff on the seats
  • Manual seat adjustment, not electric. This also means no memory function which would be useful for families with multiple drivers
  • ISOFIX only in middle row. This is normal but the new Touran has an ISOFIX point for each of its 5 rear seats
  • No blind spot information system. Useful for bigger cars like this one but not essential
  • Integrated sunshades
  • Electric Tailgate

I'm comparing this to the new VW Touran which is being sold for $139k. Honestly, this feels like a better deal with more bells and whistles thrown in for a lower price. The Touran does appear to be roomier and probably more fuel efficient. 

Edited by Speedygonz

Turbocharged

I just checked with a sales consultant and it appears that Lane Keeping is not included. Can anyone else confirm whether this is correct?

Some other noteworthy points:

• Sync 2. Not upgradable to Sync 3, which would have been compatible with Apple Carplay and Android Auto. 
  • Fabric seats, not leather. Leather is probably easier to clean up after the kids spill stuff on the seats
  • Manual seat adjustment, not electric. This also means no memory function which would be useful for families with multiple drivers
  • ISOFIX only in middle row. This is normal but the new Touran has an ISOFIX point for each of its 5 rear seats
  • No blind spot information system. Useful for bigger cars like this one but not essential
  • Integrated sunshades
  • Electric Tailgate

I'm comparing this to the new VW Touran which is being sold for $139k. Honestly, this feels like a better deal with more bells and whistles thrown in for a lower price. The Touran does appear to be roomier and probably more fuel efficient. 

Interesting. I thought LKA would be included, since I was quite sure I saw the detection camera.

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/motoring/ford-c-max-gets-an-a

Many of you will have seen this review by now. Echoes the points that we've mentioned so far. Let's see whether the take-up rate for this model goes up after the positive review. Really hope that Regent Motors brings in the factory fitted leather seats instead of going for the local retrofit as an option.

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/motoring/ford-c-max-gets-an-a

Many of you will have seen this review by now. Echoes the points that we've mentioned so far. Let's see whether the take-up rate for this model goes up after the positive review. Really hope that Regent Motors brings in the factory fitted leather seats instead of going for the local retrofit as an option.

I viewed the car last weekend. Leather seats is locally fitted.

They got no stock bar 1 remaining red so you may have to wait if you order now.

Test drive car is the showroom car !!

• Praise 3

Regent is really running a lean operation. I guess the demand is really low for their models at the moment. Did you manage to test drive?

I thought the showroom car is fabric seats?

Regent is really running a lean operation. I guess the demand is really low for their models at the moment. Did you manage to test drive?

They claim worldwide demand is so good that S'pore get a only a small % and hence Regent's hands are tied (not sure true or not but SE sounded genuine).

I didn't test drive but 2 guys who came together invited me to join in their test drive after I struck up a conversation with them. Feedback from the guy who drove the car was that it was good though had turbo lag. Pick up seems sprightly at least that was the feel I got sitting at the 2nd row. Sliding door is not assisted though when closing it's a breeze. The ingenious way they keep the 2nd row middle seat thereby enabling an aisle is [thumbsup] Overall I think quite ok though being mid size MPV it's not meant for full time 7 persons like all other mid size MPVs.

post-48108-0-04910100-1460446807_thumb.jpeg

post-48108-0-71737200-1460446823_thumb.jpeg

post-48108-0-16933700-1460446839_thumb.jpeg

post-48108-0-95079200-1460446869_thumb.jpeg

post-48108-0-45908400-1460446889_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 6

They claim worldwide demand is so good that S'pore get a only a small % and hence Regent's hands are tied (not sure true or not but SE sounded genuine).

I didn't test drive but 2 guys who came together invited me to join in their test drive after I struck up a conversation with them. Feedback from the guy who drove the car was that it was good though had turbo lag. Pick up seems sprightly at least that was the feel I got sitting at the 2nd row. Sliding door is not assisted though when closing it's a breeze. The ingenious way they keep the 2nd row middle seat thereby enabling an aisle is [thumbsup] Overall I think quite ok though being mid size MPV it's not meant for full time 7 persons like all other mid size MPVs.

Sounds decent. How's the third row compared to similar compact MPVs, e.g. Carens, 216d, Touran? Also, are there other paid options other than the leather seats?

I thought the showroom car is fabric seats?

Yes showroom car is fabric but SE said AD will get local fitted leather seats installed

• Praise 5

I see. At least not so bad. Nowadays, cars with fabric seats just bring the whole interior one notch down imho.

Yes showroom car is fabric but SE said AD will get local fitted leather seats installed

• Praise 1

Sounds decent. How's the third row compared to similar compact MPVs, e.g. Carens, 216d, Touran? Also, are there other paid options other than the leather seats?

Seems similar to other mid sized MPVs, 3rd row seat has no thigh support cos u are seated very low. Local travelling for those around 1.7m Shld be ok but taller guys or long distance travel is out which is same for 216GT, Touran n Carens though Carens seem even tighter visually. Best 3rd row is still Wish for mid sized MPVs. Took a pic of the 3rd row at Jan motorshow, sorry not well taken though.

post-48108-0-15279300-1460447546_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 7

btw stock fabric and PU leather, I will pick fabric.

How many seats really come with genuine cow hides now?

I see. At least not so bad. Nowadays, cars with fabric seats just bring the whole interior one notch down imho.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 2

Actually I don't think so... the fabric seats are not the run of the mill type of fabric these days. They are high quality materials that last and don't show wear easily. I prefer fabric seats if I have a choice. But with my car coming with factory fitted leather, it wasn't possible.

• Praise 1

Seems similar to other mid sized MPVs, 3rd row seat has no thigh support cos u are seated very low. Local travelling for those around 1.7m Shld be ok but taller guys or long distance travel is out which is same for 216GT, Touran n Carens though Carens seem even tighter visually. Best 3rd row is still Wish for mid sized MPVs. Took a pic of the 3rd row at Jan motorshow, sorry not well taken though.

When I tested the touran and cmax 3rd row, I feel that the touran has much better headroom. Legroom is about the same between 216GT, touran, and carens. I also agree that wish has better 3rd row comparing with cmax. I feel that the best 3rd row is the Chevrolet Orlando.
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Fishy answer, yes, but one must remember that Ford sells many, many cars in other parts of the world such as the UK and Australia while their Valencia plant is handling most of the work now.

It's plausible.

Ford should be under America talk rite? How come at conti

Fords sold in SG are from Ford Europe, not Ford USA.

Ford USA only markets cars to American territories, maybe Korea. Yes, the Ford brand name itself is American, but for most intents and purposes Fords in SG are more conti than American.

• Praise 4

From your photos, the 2nd row seat arrangement is very much like Mazda 5, iirc.

So how does it fair against your GT, in term of space? Thank you bro.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4