Budget speaker upgrade

Reyorz

Turbocharged

Changing your BM speakers bo? If yes, i also wanna change my Mazda 2 stock speakers with you leh.

Wahaha.. Just Do It!!!

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Looking at component speakers to replace the stock paper cone ones. 

If really want to change, go for components, dun install coaxial. Want to upgrade, make sure it's a proper upgrade, not a half past six one

haha. DLS I also use before, quite good. My "worse" ones were Rainbow, wah buay tahan the sharpness

I 100% agree.

gay_flag.jpg

over rated.

:D

If really want to change, go for components, dun install coaxial. Want to upgrade, make sure it's a proper upgrade, not a half past six one

Its a misconception.

In a good speaker the tweeter should be as close to the woofer as possible.

In the speaker below case the tweeter is IN the woofer.

tannoy609.jpg

• Praise 1

Looking at component speakers to replace the stock paper cone ones.

And be sure the tweeters are mounted properly on tweeter pods. I have seen people place tweeters on the dashboard. As an ICE lover, I feel it's just not enabling the speakers to perform well
  • Praise 1

Different speakers sound different with different amps and head units.

A speaker might be like tomato sauce which I really like but one amp

might be like sausages and goes well together and another might be

like corn flakes and don't go well with tomato sauce.

Need to hear as a set.  [thumbsup]

:D

• Praise 1

Looking at the JL audio's component speaker at $199 from ZMC Automotive.

i just installed this today quite like it but somehow i find spotify music quality is bad? radio seems nicer lol

i’m alr using cable and music quality in spotify is high

• Praise 2

Any comments on the installation workmanship?

i just installed this today quite like it but somehow i find spotify music quality is bad? radio seems nicer lol

i’m alr using cable and music quality in spotify is high

Need some assistance with this. Have always driven with whatever speakers the cars came with for nearly 20 years. Since the most entry level setup people seem to be recommending is a front set of components and a rear set of coaxials, I will likely take that approach.

I don't really want to spend too much, since my target is really budget.

Will a basic set of components for the front, say any set of the USD40-50 6.5" ones on Amazon (whether Boss Audio, Soundstream, Alpine or JBL), and a set of USD20-30 coaxials for the back (whether same brand or unknown brand), offer a good enough upgrade over what I believe should be stock speakers?

And how much more of a difference will an amplifier make? I'm generally not into bass-heavy music, cause I really really enjoying listening to singers' vocals and the background instruments. For example, Yang Zongwei, Xue Zhiqian, Lin Junjie, Chen Jieyi, Korean Drama OST openings like Goblin and DOTS etc.

So if I base it on an upper limit of USD80 = SGD110, and shipping of say SGD40, and then installation fees of SGD60-100, that means a max budget of about SGD250.

Is that something "dosable", or crap and I should might as well stay stock, or will I not notice much difference even if I go to front+back coaxials?

Some more background - my regular trips are like 30-45mins each way from home to office, and actually mainly radio dominated (I read someone saying that if it's mainly radio, don't even bother changing speakers). Once in a while, MP3s, or MP4 MTVs. Using some unbranded 2-din Android headunit. Thanks in advance for any comments/advice.

• Praise 1

Need some assistance with this. Have always driven with whatever speakers the cars came with for nearly 20 years. Since the most entry level setup people seem to be recommending is a front set of components and a rear set of coaxials, I will likely take that approach.

I don't really want to spend too much, since my target is really budget.

Will a basic set of components for the front, say any set of the USD40-50 6.5" ones on Amazon (whether Boss Audio, Soundstream, Alpine or JBL), and a set of USD20-30 coaxials for the back (whether same brand or unknown brand), offer a good enough upgrade over what I believe should be stock speakers?

And how much more of a difference will an amplifier make? I'm generally not into bass-heavy music, cause I really really enjoying listening to singers' vocals and the background instruments. For example, Yang Zongwei, Xue Zhiqian, Lin Junjie, Chen Jieyi, Korean Drama OST openings like Goblin and DOTS etc.

So if I base it on an upper limit of USD80 = SGD110, and shipping of say SGD40, and then installation fees of SGD60-100, that means a max budget of about SGD250.

Is that something "dosable", or crap and I should might as well stay stock, or will I not notice much difference even if I go to front+back coaxials?

Some more background - my regular trips are like 30-45mins each way from home to office, and actually mainly radio dominated (I read someone saying that if it's mainly radio, don't even bother changing speakers). Once in a while, MP3s, or MP4 MTVs. Using some unbranded 2-din Android headunit. Thanks in advance for any comments/advice.

-most speakers will have some improvements over stock. But do get one that does not require high power which requires an amplifier (if not intending for it)

-if budget is low, skip the rear (coaxial) unless your car is big. Turn it off / unplug from headunit. Put your budget in the front speakers.

- apart from front speakers, you may also want to consider an active subwoofer.

• Praise 1

Thanks. Am driving a Honda Stream, and will usually let my kids watch animation movies on the rear overhead screen, so I would most probably put a pair of coaxials there since the cost isn't very high and labour fee would already be needed anyway (or is that charged separately?).

What do I look out for in determining the required power? I see a lot of specifications/numbers but have no idea what I ought to filter.

Between a subwoofer and an amplifier, which one will give a more obvious difference?

↡ Advertisement