Recall of Manuka honey products from Evergreen Life Ltd

Xers007

manuka honey should be taken everyday ... day and night

if you got the real deal of honey instead of sugar mix ... there will be no overdose

You mean take everyday? Would it be overdose of sugar?

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

You mean take everyday? Would it be overdose of sugar?

its ok for me, coz I hardly take any other sugar, except from some fruits, in my daily diet.

and I don't really diligently take honey 2x everyday.  I will take if I rem to.

Supersonic

you get much much more sugars from other foods consumed daily than honey.

That's why if already taking sugars from other foods daily, if still take honey maybe might be too much sugar?! Lol.

That's why if already taking sugars from other foods daily, if still take honey maybe might be too much sugar?! Lol.

i dun think honey = sugar.

if worry, mix honey with apple cider   [thumbsup]

Supersonic

i dun think honey = sugar.

if worry, mix honey with apple cider   [thumbsup]

Heard honey with apple cider vinegar is good for health.

Supersonic

For NTUC you can get a refund even without receipt (cos my receipt cannot be found).

Heng never follow blindly and just throw away

How much is this honey?

(edited)

喝了长升不劳。 :XD:

Translate: Drink already long rise no tired.

Heard honey with apple cider vinegar is good for health.

Edited by Kangadrool

Supercharged

maybe I will say it this way

if you are already taking too much sugar on daily basis, don't you think you already have a very bad diet?

No one should even be worried about daily sugar intake if he has a good diet to begin with.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Very little info on why this product is taken off the shelf.

Anyway if got time do some reading.

http://healthywithhoney.com/is-manuka-honey-safe-to-eat/

We ask this question because manuka honey contains MGO. So, is manuka honey safe? What is MGO anyway?

MGO comes from Methylglyoxal and is a substance belonging to dicarbonyl group (a group of toxic substances). Manuka honey contains very high levels of this substance (over 1,000 ppm), hence the concern regarding its safety.

How toxic is it?

MGO is the main precursor to Advanced Glycation End products (AGEs)(wikipedia link). These are harmful compounds that can affect nearly every type of cell and molecule in the body and are thought to be one factor in aging and in some age-related chronic diseases. These substances can lead to the development or worsening of many degenerative diseases, including Alzheimer’s disease, cardiovascular disease, stroke, eye cataracts, cancer and diabetes. They are also believed to play a causative role in the blood-vessel complications of diabetes mellitus. AGEs speed up oxidative damage to cells and alters their normal behavior.

It is also true, that our body can detoxify this compound with the glyoxalase system. This enzyme system exits in any living creature, from the simplest life forms to mammals. Which should again, makes us realize the importance of detoxification of MGO.

Normally our body can detoxify these compounds, when they are found in some limited quantities. But our today lifestyle is working against our health, and we need to detoxify more and more MGO. Among others. Can we afford to add some other huge quantities of MGO from manuka honey? We need to consider very well the possible good effects as well as the negative ones.

What contains MGO?

• Methylglyoxal is present in many foods and drinks, including coffee, and is produced during glycolysis and sugar fermentation. There is more MGO especially in roasted instant coffees, decofeinized or brewed coffee and soya sauce. Many other foods also contain MGO, (but less than 10 ppm, even in bread at 0.5 ppm or beer at 0.03- 1 1 ppm), but that is a much smaller percent. Some manuka honeys has over 1000 ppm, and this increases in time (as shown below.) So there cannot actually be a comparison.
• It is produced by many strains of bacteria present in the intestinal tract.
• It is also present in tobacco smoke.

Some dietary glycation compounds in foods may pose a health risk. Others, such as the so-called melanoidins in coffee, may also exert beneficial effects by inhibition of tumour-related enzymes. (according to professor Henle)

There are a whole lot more to read in the link. I just extract a few paragraph.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

manuka honey should be taken everyday ... day and night

if you got the real deal of honey instead of sugar mix ... there will be no overdose

My doctor say honey is also sugar.

If you have diabetes, do watch out.

• Praise 2

Nearly bought these honey when there was sales at the departmental store. Heng arh.... What held back me was the packaging... Hmmmmm in plastic bottles.

I try to buy consumables packed in glass bottles/jars as much as possible instead of cans and plastics.  

nabei ... so many brand i choose this brand ... assume NZ product sibei tok kong

some more this batch last till 2020 ... got to check for refund liao ...

the problem now is, this is indeed a New Zealand firm... BOUGHT over by chinese.

i went new zealand for work a few times.

new zealand many manuka honey taken over by chinese... damn annoying as they carried their business practices over. profits over ethics. =(

a lot of the new zealanders themselves hate chinese now.. their country also have tons of chinese migrants.

anyway stick to UMF brands. UMF is the new zealand certification board.

very strict and clean.

i buy from this distributor in singapore. all UMF certified and airfreight from new zealand

Manuka honey UMF

• Praise 1

Twincharged

have you all tried this, put a spoon of honey in a bowl and then put some water inside ... will the honey remain as a blob or will it pan out into a honeycomb pattern ?

• Praise 1

have you all tried this, put a spoon of honey in a bowl and then put some water inside ... will the honey remain as a blob or will it pan out into a honeycomb pattern ?

i saw on a blog before before Too curious to dismiss it, I followed the instructions given: 

1. Put a blob of honey onto a light colored round plate.

2. Pour in some cold water to cover the honey.

3. Swirl the plate several times. 

4. If the honey is pure, you would see a honeycomb image/pattern on the honey.

And the outcome? Right before my very eyes, with a couple of swirls, I saw a honeycomb pattern consisting of big hexagonal shapes form on the surface of the honey patch, and with several more swirls, the hexagonal cells split into smaller ones, and here's a snapshot of what was observed:  

pure-honey-test.jpg

Edited by Little_prince
  • Praise 4

PRC has been busy buying companies around the world especially US, UK, Europe, Australia and NZ - no need to mention Asia especially HK and Singapore ... already many owned by the chinese

eventually ... 5/10 or even more of the big name multi national companies are owned by the chinese [:(]

that's the hard truth

the problem now is, this is indeed a New Zealand firm... BOUGHT over by chinese.

i went new zealand for work a few times.

new zealand many manuka honey taken over by chinese... damn annoying as they carried their business practices over. profits over ethics. =(

a lot of the new zealanders themselves hate chinese now.. their country also have tons of chinese migrants.

anyway stick to UMF brands. UMF is the new zealand certification board.

very strict and clean.

i buy from this distributor in singapore. all UMF certified and airfreight from new zealand

Manuka honey UMF

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

This one looks like tortise shell patterns.  [:p]

i saw on a blog before before Too curious to dismiss it, I followed the instructions given: 

1. Put a blob of honey onto a light colored round plate.
2. Pour in some cold water to cover the honey.
3. Swirl the plate several times. 
4. If the honey is pure, you would see a honeycomb image/pattern on the honey.
And the outcome? Right before my very eyes, with a couple of swirls, I saw a honeycomb pattern consisting of big hexagonal shapes form on the surface of the honey patch, and with several more swirls, the hexagonal cells split into smaller ones, and here's a snapshot of what was observed:  

pure-honey-test.jpg

↡ Advertisement