Toyota C-HR

Carbon82

Oic... anyway , think the prices will be around there..

Coz , BM will be bringing in the 1,2 1st later then will be the 1.8 hybrid..

PIs will only bring in the 1.8 n prices will be ard 120k....

U all do the maths...

Edited by Freeder
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Oic... anyway , think the prices will be around there..

Coz , BM will be bringing in the 1,2 1st later then will be the 1.8 hybrid..

PIs will only bring in the 1.8 n prices will be ard 120k....

U all do the maths...

The chr is significantly pricier than the vezel
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/events_features.php?AID=3342

Official dealer for Singapore - Borneo Motors - previewed Toyota's all new C-HR, giving the Japanese automaker a powerful new presence in the popular SUV segment.

The C-HR or Coupe-High Rider made its debut at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show and was designed to stand out from both within the Toyota lineup and its rivals like the Honda HR-V and the Nissan Juke.

According to its Chief Engineer Hiroyuki Koba, the C-HR's driving dynamics have been calibrated according to 'response, linearity and consistency'. It will be front-wheel drive, and powered by a new 1.2-litre turbo engine.

The C-HR is currently undergoing homologation, but Borneo Motors will be announcing the C-HR's official launch date as early as next month.

This is not BM price btw, its PI price

I took it at Odaiba during my Japan trip

The price is rd 2 million yen plus in Japan for the CH-R GT 4WD. 

post-140014-0-56033000-1484369218_thumb.jpg

Edited by alex976

To further add salt to the wound, after you closed the rear passenger door, that small little window makes it even more claustrophobia.

No need to even see the real car.

I see from the pics, already know it's bloody cramp...... Stupid design

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/events_features.php?AID=3342

Official dealer for Singapore - Borneo Motors - previewed Toyota's all new C-HR, giving the Japanese automaker a powerful new presence in the popular SUV segment.

The C-HR or Coupe-High Rider made its debut at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show and was designed to stand out from both within the Toyota lineup and its rivals like the Honda HR-V and the Nissan Juke.

According to its Chief Engineer Hiroyuki Koba, the C-HR's driving dynamics have been calibrated according to 'response, linearity and consistency'. It will be front-wheel drive, and powered by a new 1.2-litre turbo engine.

The C-HR is currently undergoing homologation, but Borneo Motors will be announcing the C-HR's official launch date as early as next month.

ok... as expected, BM is not even offering the hybrid version... 

they are solely bring the chr to fight with the hrv.... 

ok... as expected, BM is not even offering the hybrid version... 

they are solely bring the chr to fight with the hrv.... 

As I mentioned a few pages back, it looks very cramped, and many early videos quietly avoided filming the rear..

It's Not a HRV competitor. It's a CX3 / Juke competitor.

People don't buy this as their family car, unless they are all around Frodo Baggins' height..

Don't worry la, the brand Toyota will sell by itself.

Precisely...

when ppl came to BM and ask for SE to recommend...

BM have covered car for every 1...

cat A family sedan = Altis

cat B family sedan = Camry

cat A suv = chr

cat B suv = rav4

cat A mpv = sienta

cat B mpv = wish

cat A hybrid = prius c

cat B hybrid = prius

previously they lack the model for cat A suv... chr is brought in to fill this gap...

Edited by Auron

I might be buying a CHR, but only for weekend use.

As I am based overseas, my daily car is a Innova Kijang while mine Wife is a Alphard. These are driven by Drivers.

On weekends usually if we drive we will drive a smaller car. Cars like CHR or Juke or CX3 are in my consideration. However, these are not suitable for Singapore market where the tax is 100% with COE.

In countries where you want a weekend small car to get around for 2 with higher view, this will come in handy.

On a side note I wonder why BM dun bring in Kijang to Sgp or KH BRV, these cheap 7 seaters are actually pretty roomy.

Edited by SJGDKK8
  • Praise 1

On a side note I wonder why BM dun bring in Kijang to Sgp or KH BRV, these cheap 7 seaters are actually pretty roomy.

My theory:

The perceived value. Here in Singapore, because of the tax and COE, any car, be it a cheap and basic car or a mid range car will cost a lot. So the delta between that mid range car, say a Corolla or even a Conti VW Passat has a net price which is not a lot more than that Indo people mover. So a Singapore buyer wants a decent ride, but many also want some face. Hence he may stretch and get something which seems more like what a middle class person will drive. The previous experiment with a budget 7 seat MPV didn't go well at all remember?

It was expensive, and buyers here didn't like the fact that it was the bottom of the barrel form of transportation back in it's country of origin.

There will always be people who seek the most basic cars, but from the limited sales of QQ cars, the lack of interest in the Avanza, status does play a significant role.. YMMV of course.

• Praise 1

Nobody noticed the C-HR on display at Toyota's booth doesn't even come with keyless engine Start/Stop button?!

Bloody hell, manual crank start only is really taking us for a ride. I hope higher spec models will at least have keyless engine start.

We do have a fleet of Avenza too but Avenza is much smaller and very basic... A Innova is more comparable to Previa size wise... In model term Avenza is like Vios... Kijang is like Corolla... if properly priced Innova should sell like hot cake given it is really cheap to maintain...