Toyota C-HR

Carbon82

After a very cheap first coating by some random shop, wasn't impressed, so I redo the whole car, by master artist Marciano at Ceramic Works, the result is remarkable. For all owners doing coating, the chemical are similar, but the diff is in the skill of the detailer.

post-193462-0-98869400-1504632237_thumb.jpeg

Edited by kristenchoo
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

After a very cheap first coating by some random shop, wasn't impressed, so I redo the whole car, by master artist Marciano at Ceramic Works, the result is remarkable. For all owners doing coating, the chemical are similar, but the diff is in the skill of the detailer.

Whats the damage $$?
  • Praise 2

I would like set the record straight on rear seats, for someone who is very particular about space. I'm used to chauffeur driven, first impression, rear view and space appear somewhat confine.

Upon driving, I noticed the front seat if adjusted to reasonable position offers the rear plenty of space leg room. The clever design of front seats base are elevated, meaning rear passengers can put both feet under the front seat and stretch all the way, not sure any sedans or SUV I know can accommodate both foot. I can even tilt my feet angle upwards, sideways.

Now the back seat window, seemingly small and lack of sunlight. Here's the thing, my kids and I actually like the privacy of the design. It's not a big deal, because if I compare them to normal full rear window SUC or MPV, the light and glare can be distracting. Now, it like sitting in the rear with fitted curtain half drawn. I can read, rest my head, literally on the side panel. Your kids won't be deprived of any views.

Overall XP: comfortable rear seating journey with some privacy, unbeatable FC, great rear suspension, good sound (original speakers), great road handling. I've sat behind a Vezel hybrid, the ride was stiff, couldn't wait to get out of the car...humps..bumby in a bad way..qashqai, comfy but high FC.

You could save $$$ on any similar sized SUV..BUT..as a rear passenger paying for petrol, I would still choose the CHR. Please choose G LED specs only. Too many noticeable difference to list.

Hope this helps. Oh..one more thing, if looks could kill...

I agree with you on the privacy thingy for rear seat passenger. That was what my wife and children said. They even bought a thick cushion type seat-belt cover as pillow tomrest their head at the rear door.

However I find the soundproofing not good enough and planning to apply 2 layers of 2.3mm proofing on each door. Hope it will improve.

Rear seat is spacious. Read above.

Check out:

https://www.youtube.com

/watch?v=Jyyndko6das&sns=fb

I kinda agree with you.

From outside it looks cramp for the reqr seat, but its actually quite comfy for even 3 passengers.

I agree with you on the privacy thingy for rear seat passenger. That was what my wife and children said. They even bought a thick cushion type seat-belt cover as pillow tomrest their head at the rear door.

However I find the soundproofing not good enough and planning to apply 2 layers of 2.3mm proofing on each door. Hope it will improve.

I kinda agree with you.

From outside it looks cramp for the reqr seat, but its actually quite comfy for even 3 passengers.

Hi sawyer, I did double sound proofing on 4 doors only, quiet with improved sound quality.

I paid $100 per door for 2 layers each by ADK. The grooming was done next to them by Ceramic Works, using Kubebond. You have to book in advance for detailing at 81893233. Quote him my name or check them out on FB, if you're in CHR group, we do have group discount. Both shops are located side by side, 13 Kaki Bukit, 01-29/28. Hope it helps. cheers.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

I prefer my car to look "unapproachable". Exterior too nice and ppl will want to approach the car and do all sorts of funny things.

as long as the engine is taken care of and then interior is clean can already.

surprisingly, the CHR is relatively new but lots of accs already .... whereas the shuttle which has been around a few years already not many accs.

• Dislike 1

I prefer my car to look "unapproachable". Exterior too nice and ppl will want to approach the car and do all sorts of funny things.

as long as the engine is taken care of and then interior is clean can already.

surprisingly, the CHR is relatively new but lots of accs already .... whereas the shuttle which has been around a few years already not many accs.

Insurance for new CH-Rs become higher?

Neutral Newbie

Hi Everyone,

I'm thinking to get the C-HR for it's all wheel drive and turbo features, and I realized that most of the C-HR on the road are Hybrid model.

May i know any reason why the normal C-HR is not popular?

• Praise 1

Hybrid version is cheaper, mostly on the road are the S version as what i see on the road every time

Hi Everyone,

I'm thinking to get the C-HR for it's all wheel drive and turbo features, and I realized that most of the C-HR on the road are Hybrid model.

May i know any reason why the normal C-HR is not popular?

• Praise 1

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/a-womans-touch

this article? looking forward to the 7-seater Harrier and Supra!

Yes Bro! That is the link. Not all able to access as only Free up to 15 a month.

My mscp has 3 CHR. Conservative colours, 2 whites and a silver.

Personally I feel This chr look well with bright colours such as bumblebee yellow or turquoise.

Yes Bro! That is the link. Not all able to access as only Free up to 15 a month.

My mscp has 3 CHR. Conservative colours, 2 whites and a silver.

Personally I feel This chr look well with bright colours such as bumblebee yellow or turquoise.

i see... yes love the yellow too. i have seen the blue and brown, also quite nice... alas i need a 7-seater due to family...
↡ Advertisement