Muffler of my lowered Volvo S60 hitting kerbs

Den88

Neutral Newbie

Hi,
Can any Volvo drivers advise here, I recently bought a 2nd hand 2011yr S60 and it came along with lower spring. 1 problem I am facing is that the muffler keeps on hitting the rear kerb of most parking lot, How can I know if they are really too low? Sometime it also hit the hump when fully loaded.
thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Hi,

Can any Volvo drivers advise here, I recently bought a 2nd hand 2011yr S60 and it came along with lower spring. 1 problem I am facing is that the muffler keeps on hitting the rear kerb of most parking lot, How can I know if they are really too low? Sometime it also hit the hump when fully loaded.

thanks.

Use your finger to measure the gap between the top of the wheel hub and the tyre.  The gap is around 3 fingers for original set up.  So the only way to change it is to use back original spring.  Else with a lower spring.  It looks good and handle well but the down side is to risk hitting humps and get scratches here and there......

Edited by LoverofCar

Hi,

thanks.

You already answered your own question. It is too low when you are already getting frustrated with all the limitations your lowered setup have imposed upon you.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1