Vintage STC bus salvaged and restored!

Stooky

Read on zaobao this vintage STC Nissan Diesel bus was found abandoned at a scrapyard for years.  The authorities spent  6 weeks sourcing for parts and restoring it. The axle and wheels are the hardest to find. This vintage bus will be featured in a bus exhibition next month.

Didnt know this 1960 bus still exist in singapore! 

12805780_1095022673871539_73348242100030

pic credit to busesingapore

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

nice....   surprised the authorities didn't crush it for spare metal. 

6 weeks sourcing for parts and restoring is fast. 

Edited by Mockngbrd

i liked very much sitting on this so called Nissan UD buses back then they were always more comfortable and quiter than the European make ones back then , I was in Japan- near Hakone, Japan and they still use them and very well kept and like the suspension is so soft and every thing feels very soft inside.

Read on zaobao this vintage STC Nissan Diesel bus was found abandoned at a scrapyard for years.  The authorities spent  6 weeks sourcing for parts and restoring it. The axle and wheels are the hardest to find. This vintage bus will be featured in a bus exhibition next month.

Didnt know this 1960 bus still exist in singapore! 

12805780_1095022673871539_73348242100030

pic credit to busesingapore

I remembered these buses' the windows and grilles shaked and rattled so loudly on the move :D

Last time bus driver drive manual one... i remember the Mercedes buses felt most powderfoo, maybe they were the loudest. The volvo sound not as fierce. 

Last time bus driver drive manual one... i remember the Mercedes buses felt most powderfoo, maybe they were the loudest. The volvo sound not as fierce.

Not sure if its Mercs or Volvo - just recalled the long gear stick with the round knob LOL!

• Praise 2

Yes, the old UD Nissan buses are very comfortable and the auto transmission also shifts very smoothly, not like the first batch of Scanias/Mercs that TIB/SMRT brought in to replace them.

i liked very much sitting on this so called Nissan UD buses back then they were always more comfortable and quiter than the European make ones back then , I was in Japan- near Hakone, Japan and they still use them and very well kept and like the suspension is so soft and every thing feels very soft inside.

took 6 weeks to find parts and restore for a 1960 bus but took 2 years to extract data from a 20XX handphone model because cannot find cable to charge handphone.........

Different people mah...

(you are here too?)

took 6 weeks to find parts and restore for a 1960 bus but took 2 years to extract data from a 20XX handphone model because cannot find cable to charge handphone.........

Stole the words straight from my mouth! Haha...

I think they might have allocated the manpower wrongly...

OT abit, can salvage car seats before scrap and make into sofa to put at home or not?

In the first place, does scrapyard allow you to take out your car seats?

Not sure if its Mercs or Volvo - just recalled the long gear stick with the round knob LOL!

For many buses, the long gear stick is not straight, but got bent at an angle one…  I always wondered how the drivers knew how to engage which gear, as it's not like the simple, short, straight gear i see in the taxi or other cars...

For many buses, the long gear stick is not straight, but got bent at an angle one…  I always wondered how the drivers knew how to engage which gear, as it's not like the simple, short, straight gear i see in the taxi or other cars...

58393658.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1